Features, Shorts, Live-Action and Direct-To-Video
AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by Meg » August 25th, 2008, 4:35 pm

Thanks Dan! :)

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by K3vin » August 25th, 2008, 4:59 pm

This french cover is fake, it is the french cinema poster.

French DVD covers are always the same as US DVD Covers.
P.S. : Amazon says "January 13th" for France, can't wait...
[url=http://www.futurama-france.fr][img]http://www.futurama-france.fr/images/buttons/02.gif[/img][/url]

AV Founder
AV Founder

Post by James » August 25th, 2008, 6:01 pm

Plus Disney would never let a cover through to US market that looked that understated!

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by CGIFanatic » August 25th, 2008, 9:10 pm

Here is another link that shows pictures of the DVD's.

www.thehdroom.com/news/Wall-E_on_Blu-ra ... r_Art/3341

AV Founder
AV Founder

Post by Ben » August 26th, 2008, 8:08 am

2-disc Blu for me, I think. I have absolutely no need for a bogus third disc with a digital copy.

AV Founder
AV Founder

Post by James » August 26th, 2008, 9:23 am

Digital copy is great for people with iPods or people who want to take movies on their laptops without lugging discs.

AV Founder
AV Founder

Post by Ben » August 26th, 2008, 1:28 pm

Yep, gotcha there, but surely there is software that can size down a disc into a playable format like that? Just seems like a cheap gimmick that either wastes space on a two-disc set or makes a big thing of being a "3-disc set" which is nothing of the kind in practice as the third disc is only repeating content that is overspill.

Wouldn't it be better to offer proper formatted solutions? A Blu-ray for the Blu-ray people, a DVD for "the living room", as Disney puts it, and then just simply put out a $5 or $10 digital copy version? I'm sure none of the extras are carried over and that these are greatly reduced files. Would they even fit on a CD instead of a DVD? That being the case, no-one would buy a $5-10 digital file copy <I>instead</I> of buying something they could actually <I>watch</I> on a proper sized display.

I see the portable option being handy, but feel that it's a different format that should have a different price pattern and release. It just seems that we're either paying over the odds for two disc sets, having space on those sets being used up by this content (which people seem to have been ripping and converting fine for a good few years before this idea came along), or simply having added discs in the pack.

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by droosan » August 26th, 2008, 2:05 pm

That is the least-appealing DVD cover art for a Pixar feature that I've yet seen. :? The composition is completely 'cluttered' .. and
featuring the plant on the cover seems somewhat spoiler-y.

And on a similar note: why is WALL-E holding the plant while hanging-on to EVE's ship (which EVE happens not to be in?) -- and why the heck is M-O out there with them?
I'll never understand why home-video divisions insist on 'ditching' lovely (often iconic) movie poster designs in favor of mediocre 'slapped-together' Photoshoppery. :evil:

AV Founder
AV Founder

Post by James » August 26th, 2008, 3:53 pm

Ben wrote:..Wouldn't it be better to offer proper formatted solutions? A Blu-ray for the Blu-ray people, a DVD for "the living room", as Disney puts it, and then just simply put out a $5 or $10 digital copy version...
They are doing that. The 3-disc'er is not the only option available. Buy the two disc if you want and then buy the digital copy on iTunes later. However giving the option to buy the digital copy with the disc means you have a solid back-up copy and don't have to download the file.
Ben wrote:...but surely there is software that can size down a disc into a playable format like that...
Not for us people who buy Blu-ray exclusively (at least not cheaply or without a lot of technical know-how). That's been one of the major downsides of buying BDs -- no more ripping movies to my hard drive.

AV Founder
AV Founder

Post by Ben » August 26th, 2008, 9:43 pm

James: Ahh...

Droo: I think it's because MO made a big audience impact. Y'know, put the funny sidekick on the box, yeah?

;)

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by Whippet Angel » August 27th, 2008, 12:23 am

MO was super cute. ^___^

AV Founder
AV Founder

Post by Ben » August 27th, 2008, 9:09 am

There ya go...

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by droosan » August 27th, 2008, 5:32 pm

Still and all .. IMO, this composition would've made more 'sense' (in context with the film) if it were set in an AXIOM corridor, rather than on the exterior of EVE's spaceship. :idea:

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by Once Upon A Dream » August 30th, 2008, 5:18 am

I have finally seen WALL-E and I loved it :D I think it's my favorite after Finding Nemo.
[img]http://i43.tinypic.com/bfqbtk.jpg[/img]

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by JustinWilliams » August 30th, 2008, 9:22 am

It's a pretty horrible cover sadly :( Hoping the UK release might be nicer.... I usually import US from PLAYUSA.com but unless this artwork changes, i'll hold off. What a shame!