Harry Potter and the Wizarding World

Features, Shorts, Live-Action and Direct-To-Video
AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by PatrickvD » November 24th, 2005, 8:19 am

Finally saw it yesterday. Thought it was fantastic. Easily the best one yet. Great performances all around from all the actors, including Radcliffe. Looks like there might be an actor in him after all.

AV Team
AV Team

"Harry Potter 4" is on DVD

Post by Dacey » March 10th, 2006, 7:19 pm

What does everyone think of the extras?

Ugh, I couldn't think of anything better to say.
"Yesterday is history, tomorrow is a mystery, but today is a gift--that is why it's called the present."

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by ShyViolet » March 10th, 2006, 7:32 pm

This is the first HP film I didn't go see in the theaters.

It looks kinda interesting, so I might get the DVD. But I didn't read past the second book, (about halfway actually) just never had any time and the films kept coming out anyway, so...

I'm getting a bit tired of the whole thing, to tell the truth. Not to sound mean or anything, but to me Harry just doesn't seem to have much of a personality. He's constantly this put-upon good guy, and Hermoine and Ron are constantly his friends and there's not much character development as far as I can see. Like I said, just my opinion from the little I did read and what I've seen of the movies. HP doesn't have a whole lot of places left to go because despite the great plotting and action, these are pretty flat characters that are purposely kept that way so the books can KEEP selling. Rowling never makes any major changes to them because G-d forbid what if the next book DIDN'T sell a billion copies?

For more on this read Jack Zipes' books, he's an awesome critic/historian of Children's literature.

Again...sorry if I offended anyone. :wink:
You can’t just have your characters announce how they feel! That makes me feel angry!

AV Founder
AV Founder

Post by Ben » March 11th, 2006, 2:28 pm

This was the best movie version so far, no doubt at all.

But I agree about the books - I was expecting some BIG things to happen and take off in the last one (the 6th) but it was mostly filler - and she's only got one more to go.

Me thinks a case of Lucas/Sith could be coming up, where she simply has to pack everything in to a final outing.

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by Macaluso » March 11th, 2006, 3:35 pm

I love the books.

The fourth movie was awesome, and got the final confrontation scene at the end PERFECTLY how I pictured it. I was only disapointed that they didn't show any real quidditch stuff.

Anyway, the fifth movie is filming now, and I can't wait. The fifth book was my favorite.

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by Meg » March 11th, 2006, 7:09 pm

I loved the fifth book, too. b as okay, but like Ben said, just a filler - there was only one or two important things that happend in it. Everything else was "OMG, Ron and Hermonie are liek ttlly going out!!111"

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by Bambi » March 11th, 2006, 9:22 pm

i dont liked this movie so much i think the book was better... i watched it like 3 times and i didnt find it more interesting!!
I got "twitterpated" by Faline...
[img]http://i33.photobucket.com/albums/d53/bambidude/BAMBISIGMetallica.jpg[/img]

AV Founder
AV Founder

Harry Potter 5 release date set

Post by James » April 6th, 2006, 1:10 am

Mugglenet has the date for the next HP film:
It's official: Warner Bros. has announced that the Harry Potter and the Order of Phoenix movie will hit theaters on July 13, 2007!

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member
Location: I'd rather be way out there beyond this hidden town, Barnaby.

Post by PixarVixen » April 6th, 2006, 1:19 am

Ya know, I was wondering about that today! Weird.

~~=oP

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by Brandon Neeld » April 6th, 2006, 1:22 am

Woohoo!!!! Only 463 days to go!!!! I'm already excited!!! :D
"We're Dead! We're Dead! We Survived but We're Dead!!!" -Dash- "The Incredibles"

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by Macaluso » April 6th, 2006, 1:38 am

...Why are they waiting so long? What happened to them coming out every year? :(

Oh well. They better get the Weasly Brothers scene (you know what I'm talking about if you read it) right, or I'm going to be PISSED OFF.

AV Founder
AV Founder

Post by James » April 6th, 2006, 1:52 am

Macaluso wrote:...Why are they waiting so long? What happened to them coming out every year? :(
If I remember correctly they've started spacing them about 18 months apart.
Macaluso wrote:Oh well. They better get the Weasly Brothers scene (you know what I'm talking about if you read it) right, or I'm going to be PISSED OFF.
They screwed up the graveyard scene in HP4 (among many others), so don't get your hopes up.

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by Macaluso » April 6th, 2006, 2:29 am

James wrote:
Macaluso wrote:...Why are they waiting so long? What happened to them coming out every year? :(
If I remember correctly they've started spacing them about 18 months apart.
Macaluso wrote:Oh well. They better get the Weasly Brothers scene (you know what I'm talking about if you read it) right, or I'm going to be PISSED OFF.
They screwed up the graveyard scene in HP4 (among many others), so don't get your hopes up.
Pffft no way. Like I said in another thread, I thought they did that part EXACTLY to the book. At least how i pictured it.

EDIT: They better get the scene right MY WAY =P

AV Founder
AV Founder

Post by Ben » April 6th, 2006, 7:08 am

The plan WAS one a year, but the change of director on part three started to put things back.

They're always in pre-production for the next one as the last opens, but as the books have gotten bigger and effects take longer, the films have been spaced apart in this way.

Still, I think it's a shame that we don't get them at Christmas anymore - used to feel quite magical (excuse the pun) seeing a Potter at that time of the year. But then, I guess, DVD sales are more important!!

Hopefully the next will come out Christmas 2008!? :)

AV Founder
AV Founder

Post by James » April 6th, 2006, 10:05 am

Macaluso wrote:Pffft no way. Like I said in another thread, I thought they did that part EXACTLY to the book. At least how i pictured it.

EDIT: They better get the scene right MY WAY =P
What they messed up was that after three and a half years we finally get to the most important scene in the series to date and they rushed through it as fast as they could. I can't imagine that anyone who hadn't read the book could figure out what in the world just happened.