Harry Potter and the Wizarding World

Features, Shorts, Live-Action and Direct-To-Video
AV Founder
AV Founder

Post by Ben » April 28th, 2011, 8:13 pm

Nope, it's not just you Dacey. It was a boring camping trip movie. ;)

And that does look more epic, which is what the last one needed. But 3D? Oh... :(

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Re: Harry Potter

Post by Whippet Angel » April 28th, 2011, 10:35 pm

I passed on that one as well. Still haven't seen it, as I'm pretty sure one of our local theaters will be showing a double feature of both parts 1 and 2 (I'm assuming they will, since they did it for the Twilight movies).

Might as well wait and see the entire thing at once. :wink:

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by EricJ » April 28th, 2011, 11:42 pm

That was my other instinct I was holding out for.... ;)

(And hey, it's gotten to the point now that if I go to a movie it SHOULD be in 3-D--
But this entry in particular...As opposed to the "Rooms-O'-Glass" segment of Pt. 5..)

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Re:

Post by Macaluso » May 3rd, 2011, 12:16 pm

Ben wrote:Nope, it's not just you Dacey. It was a boring camping trip movie. ;)
It really wasn't.

AV Founder
AV Founder

Post by Ben » May 3rd, 2011, 1:54 pm

Okay...it wasn't always boring.

AV Founder
AV Founder

Harry Potter and the Next Seven Movies

Post by Ben » June 6th, 2011, 5:23 am

Yep...you heard it here first: word on the set of the HP8 (Deathly Hallows Part 2) reshoots last month is that WB are looking to expand the final moments of the last film into a spin-off series that will fill in backstory (Harry's parents' struggle with Voldemort), flesh out other characters (Dumbledore: Origins?) and continue other plot lines (with "future" characters intro'd at the end of Hallows 2, that I won't name in case there's anyone still waiting to know how it all ends).

The rumor is for another seven films, though naturally that could change. The new series hasn't been given a name and nothing about casting is known, although I'd be surprised if established actors didn't return for the most part. JK's involvement isn't known, but it is expected that she would be approving or contributing stories (with much of it obviously already based on what she has provided in the books).

Here's more:

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Re: Harry Potter and the Next Seven Movies

Post by Darkblade » June 6th, 2011, 6:17 am

More after deathly hallows part 2? I thought the series just ended off with Deathly hallows, unless if Rowling is writing prequels to potter(which in some cases, certain aspects of it have been covered up i think).

AV Team
AV Team

Post by Dacey » June 6th, 2011, 8:29 am

Personally, I'm hoping that they focus one of the movies on Snape's hair. Why is it so greasy? Is he wearing a wig? There are endless secrets about it that the world MUST know.

;)
"Yesterday is history, tomorrow is a mystery, but today is a gift--that is why it's called the present."

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Re: Harry Potter and the Next Seven Movies

Post by EricJ » June 6th, 2011, 1:17 pm

Darkblade wrote:More after deathly hallows part 2? I thought the series just ended off with Deathly hallows, unless if Rowling is writing prequels to potter(which in some cases, certain aspects of it have been covered up i think).
JK doesn't approve, but Warner put it into their contract that they could make additional films (like Disney says, as "character marketing") with or without her--And if they happened to write a book version to tie into the movie, well...

They took heck from the fans for it, of course, but like the Pirates movies, "Everyone has another sequel ready on Thursday night."
They're just announcing that they could, and just testing the fan waters to see whether they could follow Hobbit and X-Men:FC's lead for backstories/spinoffs. It's just for attention at the moment; just ignore/censure them and it'll go away.

AV Team
AV Team

Post by Dacey » June 6th, 2011, 3:08 pm

Actually, Eric, since this comes from The Onion, I think that we can safely assume this is just a joke. ;)
"Yesterday is history, tomorrow is a mystery, but today is a gift--that is why it's called the present."

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Re:

Post by EricJ » June 6th, 2011, 6:52 pm

(Sheesh, don't SCARE us like that; I'd thought Warner let their marketing-sequel clause expire years ago! :shock: )

AV Founder
AV Founder

Post by Ben » June 7th, 2011, 3:52 pm

Awe...Dacey blew it! ;)

AV Team
AV Team

Post by Dacey » June 9th, 2011, 11:40 pm

Sorry. ;)

But really...I can't believe the number of people who are taking this as serious news! You would think with some of the jokes in that vid that most people would at least smell something fishy.

But then again, I'm one to talk. After all, I bought it when this site was purchased by AOL. ;)

AV Founder
AV Founder

Post by Ben » June 10th, 2011, 4:44 am

Yep, that AOL story was a good one!

That HP story actually made it to a few sets, where someone kind of half-heard about this report and, by way of "Chinese Whispers" by the time it had done the rounds, it had become "real".

That's actually how I heard about it, from someone on the HP8 set last month, who told me about it. When I went to search about it online I saw it was from The Onion and, well, the longer you watch that video, the more obvious it is.

My friend was disappointed when I told him he'd been "had"! :)

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by Macaluso » June 11th, 2011, 11:41 pm

I love the Onion