Kung Fu Panda

Features, Shorts, Live-Action and Direct-To-Video
AV Founder
AV Founder

Post by Ben » February 25th, 2009, 4:02 pm

And here's why...
http://www.animated-news.com/2009/dream ... -per-cent/

I've been telling you for months that DWA is in trouble. I wouldn't be surprised if it is sold to a bigger studio at some point, with Disney the natural suitor...

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by Neal » February 25th, 2009, 6:55 pm

Disney and Dreamworks... the strangest pairing in Hollywood history?
Feature Animation Favorites:
  • Tekkonkinkreet, Watership Down, A Town Called Panic, Howl's Moving Castle, Rio 2096, Mind Game, Fantastic Planet

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by CGIFanatic » February 25th, 2009, 9:01 pm

As Sgt. Schultz would say in Hogan's Heroes, I know nothing - I know nothing about this subject but my understanding is that Disney is having just as difficult a time or maybe even a worst time because it has to contend with the very same difficult DVD market plus a poor advertising, theme parks and TV market.

Unfortunately, this economy is affecting everyone equally but more importantly IMO, I don’t think Disney absorbing DreamWorks wouldn't necessarily be a good thing simply because there would be no diversity anymore.

Also, where will we find another "whipping boy" like DreamWorks to beat up on if it is taken over by Disney? :lol:

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by Once Upon A Dream » February 26th, 2009, 2:23 am

Wait,Secret Of The Furious Five was a feature on the DVD or it was sold with it?.
[img]http://i43.tinypic.com/bfqbtk.jpg[/img]

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by Neal » February 26th, 2009, 8:05 am

It was sold bundled with the DVD, but it had its own separate case and disk.
Feature Animation Favorites:
  • Tekkonkinkreet, Watership Down, A Town Called Panic, Howl's Moving Castle, Rio 2096, Mind Game, Fantastic Planet

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by Rodney » February 26th, 2009, 9:12 am

Secret of the Furious Five is on TV tonight if anyone is interested.

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by Once Upon A Dream » February 26th, 2009, 9:38 am

Oh,they usually make it a feature but I guess they want more money (They are selling it like that).
ShyViolet wrote:Sinbad was originally much darker, (Proteus was good/evil) as was El Dorado (I think Miguel was supposed to die!)
What happened to Miguel? (I can't imagine what all his and Tulio's fangirls will have to say about that....).

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by ShyViolet » March 6th, 2009, 2:57 am

I'm not exactly sure on what happened to Miguel specifically, but I do know there was a version of the film where he gets crucified and carried throughout El Dorado. Not sure where I read that but I think it was a reliable source. I do know that there were many, many rewrites as the film went through many different incarnations. But they were all quite dark and what we did get in the end--the comedy/sidekicks thing--was nothing like any of them.

It was really because "serious/epic" films a la Pocahontas and the Lion King were very much out by 2000 and comedy the way to go. I'd die to read some of the original scripts (and Sinbad's too). They all sounded so interesting! :(

Anyway, hope that helps! :)
You can’t just have your characters announce how they feel! That makes me feel angry!

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by eddievalient » March 6th, 2009, 12:58 pm

Saw "Secrets of the Furious Five" on tv the other night and I have to say, I loved the art style during the hand drawn parts. Why can't Dreamworks (or anyone else for that matter) do more work like that? They've obviously got the staff for it, so what's the deal?
The Official Lugofilm Ltd Youtube Channel: http://www.youtube.com/user/bartsimpson83

AV Founder
AV Founder

Post by Ben » March 6th, 2009, 1:59 pm

Most of that was farmed out of house. ;)

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by Once Upon A Dream » March 6th, 2009, 2:03 pm

ShyViolet wrote:I'm not exactly sure on what happened to Miguel specifically, but I do know there was a version of the film where he gets crucified and carried throughout El Dorado. Not sure where I read that but I think it was a reliable source. I do know that there were many, many rewrites as the film went through many different incarnations. But they were all quite dark and what we did get in the end--the comedy/sidekicks thing--was nothing like any of them.

It was really because "serious/epic" films a la Pocahontas and the Lion King were very much out by 2000 and comedy the way to go. I'd die to read some of the original scripts (and Sinbad's too). They all sounded so interesting! :(

Anyway, hope that helps! :)
Really? wow.... :shock: and I can't even imagine what all of his and Tulio's fangirls on the internet will think about that.
I"m glad it's a comedy thought,it's sounds way dark,thought those and the Sinbad scriot scripts sounds intersting (Sinbad is weak actually).
Thanks Violet :D.

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

China creates kung-fu panda sequel!

Post by gaastra » March 7th, 2009, 4:59 pm

http://www.cartoonbrew.com/feature-film ... panda.html

China made thier own sequel to kung-fu panda.

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by eddievalient » March 7th, 2009, 7:54 pm

Wow, that actually sounds good! Too bad we'll never see it here (DW would never bring it over).
The Official Lugofilm Ltd Youtube Channel: http://www.youtube.com/user/bartsimpson83

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by Whippet Angel » March 7th, 2009, 10:53 pm

Hey, at least we're lucky enough to have this :P

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by starlioness » March 9th, 2009, 5:36 pm

ShyViolet wrote:I'm not exactly sure on what happened to Miguel specifically, but I do know there was a version of the film where he gets crucified and carried throughout El Dorado. Not sure where I read that but I think it was a reliable source. I do know that there were many, many rewrites as the film went through many different incarnations. But they were all quite dark and what we did get in the end--the comedy/sidekicks thing--was nothing like any of them.

hmmm.. I think the only one who shoulda been crucified would've been Tzekel-Khan(sp?) .. or Chel .. because I just don't like her.. 8) ..

wan't this movie origninally PG-13?..:?

as for Sinbad.. though .hmm.. yeah, kinda not great.. but I love Marina.. because she is pure awesomenes.. *blinded by her awesomeness*.. :)

and throwing Spirit in here. I was a bit surprised that it was so.. "tame" compared to the other three.. but I guess they had to that for the pony-loving kiddies.. :P

another gripe.. how come in those music videos in the special features section of movies like KFP, Madagascar 2, and such.. we don't hear any music of POE, Spirit or Dorado? huh? damn, Katzenberg.. :roll: