Tangled (formerly Rapunzel)

Features, Shorts, Live-Action and Direct-To-Video
AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by Kaszubas » October 10th, 2005, 2:47 pm

Rendering is beautiful but face expression looks strange - like image modified/warped by using "liquify" filter in Photoshop. Maybe some supervisor in Disney made simple corections to rendered image just to show how it should look like and what face proportions are expected ? I don't know... But overall look&feel of that image is cute :) ...strange but cute ;)

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by Christian » October 10th, 2005, 3:57 pm

Rendering is beautiful but face expression looks strange - like image modified/warped by using "liquify" filter in Photoshop.
My thoughts exactly.

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by Meg » October 10th, 2005, 4:23 pm

Looks like she's in the middle of making a face.

AV Founder
AV Founder

Post by James » October 10th, 2005, 4:42 pm

I think it is supposed to be a smirk. Since this is an early pic they probably are trying to convey that this won't be your average Disney princess.

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by Kaszubas » October 10th, 2005, 5:06 pm

Supposed to be a smirk or not - face expression and anathomy is at least a bit weird/odd and I'm almost sure it's some sort of "work in progress" pic - just like Meg asumed ;)

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by Brandon Neeld » October 10th, 2005, 5:26 pm

Anyone else feel the eyes are a touch on the anime side???
"We're Dead! We're Dead! We Survived but We're Dead!!!" -Dash- "The Incredibles"

AV Team
AV Team

Post by Dacey » October 10th, 2005, 5:29 pm

She looks just like Reese Whiterspoon! Love the design, though.
"Yesterday is history, tomorrow is a mystery, but today is a gift--that is why it's called the present."

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by Meg » October 10th, 2005, 7:16 pm

Brandon Neeld wrote:Anyone else feel the eyes are a touch on the anime side???
Yes! :lol:

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by cmcnhs » October 10th, 2005, 10:05 pm

Actually, I think her facial expression is classic Keane, too. In Little Mermaid, Ariel tends to make that face when she's frustrated at her inability to communicate. But it doesn't mix that well with Rapunzel's 3D rendering, and I hope that it isn't symbolic of the overall project.

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Rapunzel Unbraided theory

Post by PatrickvD » November 2nd, 2005, 4:16 pm

okay I noticed the Rapunzel Unbraided pictures and plot news on the main page and suddenly something struck me about its story. Over wich I've been kinda confused for some time now. However, I think I've been able to put the pieces together:

The main page says:
The Disney Power Board displays ten new pictures connected to Disney's Rapunzel Unbraided. Along with an updated look at the film's title art and title character, the images also reveal screencaps taken from a convention Glen Keane held at the Gobelins school in Paris, during last April. There, Keane specified that the main character of Rapunzel Unbraided will be Claire and the name of her prince will be Vincent. In addition, her castle will be part of the Mont Saint Michel in France, in the middle of the sea. Rapunzel Unbraided will enchant audiences in November 2008.
okay, so two characters with different names from the original story get caught up in the classic fairytale. (rings a bell).

Plot Summary Rapunzel Unbraided From IMDB.com:
Sick to death of storybook endings where true love conquers all, a frustrated witch brings two romantically-challenged teenagers from the real world into the classic fairytale, and transforms them into the legendary long-haired heroine and her gallant prince.
okay, so real world/fairytale world? Does this imply Rapunzel will be a combination between live action and animation. Isn't that what 'Enchanted' was about, the Alan Menken project about a wicked witch and a New Yor girl travelling from animation to live action? Have the two projects been merged or something?

Plot Summary for Enchanted from IMDB.com:
When she falls in love with a prince, a peasant girl who is banished from her animated kingdom by the evil queen. She winds up in the very real New York City, where she falls in love with someone else, though her prince -- and the queen -- are heading her way.
sounds about right :)

AV Founder
AV Founder

Post by Ben » November 3rd, 2005, 8:49 am

Enchanted is still on though...

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by PatrickvD » November 3rd, 2005, 4:21 pm

Ben wrote:Enchanted is still on though...
really? two very similair movies. Or is Disney suddenly gonna produce a lot of fairytale movies again? They sound very familair. Either way, I hope we get some good new Alan Menken music! Hope he's still on Enchanted

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by ShyViolet » November 7th, 2005, 9:01 pm

Yes, she has. Turns out her ideas weren't compatible with what Disney execs wanted.

http://www.jimhillmedia.com/article.php?id=1725
You can’t just have your characters announce how they feel! That makes me feel angry!

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by Wonderlicious » November 8th, 2005, 5:42 am

That was a very interesting article.
-Joe

[i]GIRL: Do you know the way to the Magic Kingdom?
PETER PAN: Sure I do...but can you [b]fly?[/b][/i]
-Scary Disney World TV ad circa '71

[b][url=http://www.dvdaficionado.com/dvds.html?cat=1&sub=All&id=big_joe]My DVD List[/url][/b]

AV Founder
AV Founder

Post by Ben » November 8th, 2005, 7:33 am

I think Mr SP knows the answer by now - he posted that question in April!!

Still, nice to know that ye shall be answered sometime down the line! :)