Tangled (formerly Rapunzel)

Features, Shorts, Live-Action and Direct-To-Video
AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by PatrickvD » December 7th, 2005, 9:24 am

well, with the latest news on Enchanted on the main page, it looks like this project is finally gonna happen. Very happy about that because I've been wanting to see this made ever since I first heard about it. Hope Alan Menken is also still on.

Anway, in the article it said the film will combine live action with classical animation. What does this mean? Is Down Under doing traditional animation on this one? I know it's being directed by Kevin Lima, who did Goofy Movie and Tarzan. I remember Tarzan was originally planned as an outsourced project like Goofy Movie, but was later moved to Feature Animation in the US. So could Kevin Lima have gotten the overseas studios to do the 2d animation work on this film? Or is this all a big misunderstanding and will it be CG?... I mean that would suck.

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by Jens » December 7th, 2005, 11:51 am

Down Under is dead... External studios will probably do the traditional animation.
[url=http://www.disneydatabase.com]The Disney Database[/url] - All the Disney Magic in 1 site!

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by PatrickvD » December 7th, 2005, 2:06 pm

Jens wrote:Down Under is dead... External studios will probably do the traditional animation.
they're closing after rounding up current projects. You make it sound as if a nucleair war broke out down there..

AV Founder
AV Founder

Post by Ben » December 7th, 2005, 2:55 pm

There is more good news for Enchanted on the main page.

Yep, it's happening!

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by PatrickvD » December 7th, 2005, 5:28 pm

sweeet! I had almost given up hope on this project. Very cool we're finally getting a serious fairy tale form Disney. awesome.

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Tangled (Formerly Rapunzel)

Post by PatrickvD » January 25th, 2006, 3:06 pm

okay, I wasn't sure where to post this and I don't know if this is even news (maybe I'm just behind :P) but did anyone notice that in Disney's 2005 annual report, in the WDFA section they no longer refer to Rapunzel with the Unbraided behind it. They just refer to it as "Rapunzel, the classic fairy tale" It has some new pictures of the upcoming films as well:

Click

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Re: Rapunzel, no more Unbraided

Post by Christian » January 25th, 2006, 3:23 pm

It sounds like in that instance they are just loosely referring to the movie, along the lines of saying, "Pirate of the Caribbean 2," when the full title is really "Pirate of the Caribbean: Dead Man's Chest." I wouldn't mind though if the "Unbraided" really was dropped.

AV Team
AV Team

Post by Josh » January 25th, 2006, 3:46 pm

I hope "Unbraided" is dropped.

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by Meg » January 25th, 2006, 4:06 pm

Same here. It just sounds so stupid...Of course, it would fit if the movie was the Shrek-like spoof they've been saying it will be, but if it's a fairy-tale type of movie, then they REALLY need to drop it.

AV Founder
AV Founder

Post by Ben » January 25th, 2006, 9:50 pm

Note that it says "newest telling of the classic fairy tale", which could mean anything.

However, and although the Unbraided does keep coming back up, there was a minor story that this had been dropped a while back. But then Disney started calling it Rapunzel Unbraided again...doh!

AV Team
AV Team

Post by Dacey » January 25th, 2006, 10:00 pm

Gah! People keep debating over this. It's just a freaking title!
"Yesterday is history, tomorrow is a mystery, but today is a gift--that is why it's called the present."

AV Founder
AV Founder

Post by Ben » January 25th, 2006, 10:03 pm

No it's not!

A Disney movie called Rapunzel is going to be a classic Mouse House fairy-tale, but done in CG.

A Disney movie called Rapunzel Unbraided is going to be a fractured-DreamWorks knockoff.

AV Team
AV Team

Post by Dacey » January 25th, 2006, 10:10 pm

Perhaps...
"Yesterday is history, tomorrow is a mystery, but today is a gift--that is why it's called the present."

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by PatrickvD » January 26th, 2006, 4:03 am

yeah, and Disney should let Dreamworks make the Dreamworks films and concentrate on making Disney films. I agree it's not just a title.

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by Meg » January 26th, 2006, 9:16 am

I always liked animation film names better than live-action, which usually have nothing to do with the movie. :roll: