Post by droosan » August 5th, 2010, 10:59 am

AV Founder
AV Founder

Post by Randall » August 5th, 2010, 9:12 pm

Nice one! LOL :)

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by Bill1978 » August 5th, 2010, 10:02 pm

Sucked, is probably one of the best ones so far. Well done!

AV Founder
AV Founder

Post by Ben » August 6th, 2010, 6:39 am

Love it! :)

"Holed" is probably going a bit too far, don't you think? ;)

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Re: Tangled (Formerly Rapunzel)

Post by Dusterian » August 8th, 2010, 2:21 pm

I said Detected, which is better, that or Sherlocked?

Also, the flower that heals Rapunzel could still be the rapunzel plant, kind of. It actually looks like the flowers that rapunzel lettuce grows, the only difference that those flowers are purple (which is why I thought they made Rapunzel's costume purple) and the magic flower is gold (like her hair?).

Olorin wrote:Cinderella is often quoted as being Walt's personal favorite
I don't think Olorin is here anymore, but I was just wondering if anyone else heard this. I wonder if Olorin mistook saying a piece of animation in Cinderella was his favorite in all of animation. He did actually say that Cinderella was his favorite heroine (he told Ilene Woods) but I was just wondering if anyone else heard that this was his favorite. Almost any of his earliest films I could see being it, but I think the biggest possibilities are Bambi or Cinderella. Mary Costa said Sleeping Beauty was his favorite but I think she was mistaken or Walt may have said it and not really meant it or changed his mind later.

AV Founder
AV Founder

Post by Ben » August 9th, 2010, 6:31 am

I'm split on the Mouse Detective alternate. While Detected is the obvious one, it's a bit *too* obvious, while Sherlocked (or Sherlock'd) is probably better but still doesn't really work well enough either. They both feel a bit "lazy", to me anyway. Is there something better?

"Just Add Basil"? ;)

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by Bill1978 » August 9th, 2010, 7:24 am

As funny as that is it's 2 too many words though Ben :wink:

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by droosan » August 9th, 2010, 7:46 am

What about:

.. a pun on 'de-loused'; which could refer both to foiling Ratigan's plot, and to exposing his status as a rat among mice.

.. too obtuse..? :|

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by Dusterian » August 9th, 2010, 4:38 pm

So discussion on the actual topic gets ignored. Anyway,

Well...wouldn't that be De-ratted? Did they think he was a mouse in the movie?

What about Mouse-napped?

AV Founder
AV Founder

Post by Ben » August 9th, 2010, 5:18 pm

Ratted.

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by droosan » August 9th, 2010, 6:37 pm

yeh. It would either be Ratted, or De-Moused. It couldn't be De-Ratted .. because Ratigan claimed to be a mouse, and 'got rid' of anyone who said otherwise.

The only problem there is that the title becomes about the villain, instead of the hero .. but Vincent Price was the real star of that movie, anyway. :mrgreen:

-------------

I don't have much to say about Tangled, because it's not out yet. Truthfully, I quickly skim past any post that looks as though it's discussing anything about the movie in particular .. because I'm one of those who'd rather know as little about any movie as possible, before seeing it in a theater.

Nothin' personal, Dusterian. :oops:

I promise I'll go back and read your previous posts in November .. :)

-------------

The "---ed" title game has been a fun diversion, at least. :D

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by Bill1978 » August 9th, 2010, 8:00 pm

I'd love to talk about Tangled, but the news has stopped after Comic-Con. I would love a new teaser or a bit of music. Something. But until then as droosan said this 'ed game is a nice distraction.

If it helps, I'm really bummed that I have to wait until January 2011 to see Tangled. Dam you school holidays!

AV Founder
AV Founder

Post by Ben » August 10th, 2010, 6:47 am

I think I'm with you there Bill, if this follows Frogged's release pattern: it'll be February school holidays in the UK too. :(

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by EricJ » August 10th, 2010, 3:46 pm

Bill1978 wrote:I'd love to talk about Tangled, but the news has stopped after Comic-Con. I would love a new teaser or a bit of music. Something. But until then as droosan said this 'ed game is a nice distraction.
Well, it....does get old. (Especially when it becomes too much of a word game, and distracts away from Disney's neurotic clinging to "Enchanted"'s surprise business as a cure-all for their own public-hates-princesses insecurities.)

But now it seems like we're in the "blackout" period for news--
Which, for fall movies, starts from one month after SDCC, to one month before actual mainstream release, they have no more vague faraway advance hype to show us, and we wait for the "real" ads, final-trailers, publicity-tour stunts, merchandise, in-park promotions*, etc., that come with the actual release.
We're already in the blackout period where there will likely be no more new Tron Legacy or Harry Potter 7 news till November, so Tanzeled fans will have to sit patiently and wait for October. :(

----
* - (And at least we've already gotten the in-park-validation announcement that Flynn and Rap will be filling in at Belle's old garden at the WDW castle, while they build Belle's new location. Which is one more piece in the release-hype puzzle.)

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Tangled

Post by Dusterian » August 10th, 2010, 4:43 pm

I would vote for Ratted, but then there's Ratatouillie. What is wrong with Mouse-knapped when their was Kidnapped and Dog-napped and Cat-napped?

Droosan, that's cool. You will be amazed when the movie comes out.

But you know the rapunzel lettuce in the original story helped Rapunzel's mother, so, I didn't think it was too bad to talk about this Disney version of the magical plant.

You know, there is news if you all look for it. D23 came out with an article on Tangled, revealing info. And there is that Disney Hollywood Studios display with lots of art that this forum is all about, animation art, it's just that it has some spoilers.

Still, if anyone wants to see it I'll give you the video or pictures.