Tangled (formerly Rapunzel)

Features, Shorts, Live-Action and Direct-To-Video
AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Re: Tangled (Formerly Rapunzel)

Post by Bill1978 » May 14th, 2010, 8:40 pm

What I love most about that picture is that Rapunzel looks great in traditional style animation. It appears she won't stand out like a sore thumb when grouped with the other princesses. And I love how she has that female attitude and spunk of the early 90s princesses.

And hurry up Toy Sotry 3 LOL

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Re:

Post by Foxtale » May 16th, 2010, 10:42 pm

estefan wrote:It's been revealed that the trailer will premiere with Toy Story 3.

OMG REALLY! Now I have to see TS3 asap! :D
[img]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v188/Foxtale/almostthere_signature_smaller.jpg[/img]

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by MrsTashlin » May 23rd, 2010, 12:28 pm

she really looks good. I am impressed.

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by Foxtale » June 2nd, 2010, 4:46 pm

I know its old news but I didn't see pictures of the toys this large before.

http://www.stitchkingdom.com/disney-new ... ry-3-cars/

I think the toys are so pretty. :D

can't wait for the trailer
[img]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v188/Foxtale/almostthere_signature_smaller.jpg[/img]

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by Macaluso » June 9th, 2010, 7:45 am

Just to update, yesterday the Disney and Disney Animation pages on Facebook updated with a status that said Monday they will be releasing the trailer on Facebook. So look how for that!

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by Daniel » June 9th, 2010, 3:19 pm

In related news, saw a commercial on Disney Channel promoting a first look at Tangled this Sunday at 8:00PM. (During Sonny With a Chance). It was really short, but it did show finish animation. It was nice. Rapunzel's hair was so pretty, not to mention shiny. The texture of their skin reminded me of Ratatouille. To be specific, Remy's hands and feet are what came to mind.

But hey, finally something! Can't wait to see more. :)

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by estefan » June 10th, 2010, 1:33 pm

http://movies.yahoo.com/movie/1810121160/trailer

Aside from that horrible pop song that thankfully won't be in the final film (the songs are written by Alan Menken and in his usual Broadway-esque style), I like what I see. Of course, the film will be more about Rapunzel than Flynn, but I do like the scenes included, even if they are in the slapstick variety. Let's be honest here. I've started mis-trusting trailers lately, especially animated films (look at how the trailers for How to Train Your Dragon and Cloudy with a Chance of Meatballs did not do those films justice) and instead read between the lines instead. It's much more effective.

But, damn, that animation is stunning.

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by brad » June 10th, 2010, 2:22 pm

aforementioned trailer plus several hi-res stills at

http://www.stitchkingdom.com/disney-new ... s-tangled/

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by Macaluso » June 10th, 2010, 5:33 pm

Looks fantastic. And yes the song they used in the trailer isn't good, but it's way better than the horrible version of "Girls just wanna have fun" they had on the work in progress trailer. Can't wait!

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by Foxtale » June 10th, 2010, 6:05 pm

You guys beat me to posting the trailer. Same one that we saw the in progress reel of but I must say it looks decent. :D

Man Rapunzel has huge eyes :P

Wait why does it say coming soon? I thought they set a date for the film?

AV Team
AV Team

Post by Dacey » June 10th, 2010, 6:17 pm

The trailer is funny. Kinda different from what I expected, but funny.

I really like the look...although I very much preferred the older design for Rapunzal. Still, I do really like it.

btw, am I the only one getting a "Road to El Dorado" feeling from the bandit character? He seems like he'd fit in perfectly alongside Tulio and Miguel.
Last edited by Dacey on June 11th, 2010, 12:52 am, edited 1 time in total.
"Yesterday is history, tomorrow is a mystery, but today is a gift--that is why it's called the present."

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by GRUNT » June 10th, 2010, 9:40 pm

I gotta say that I agree they focused a little too much on Flynn, but it's just the trailer, I guess ^_^.

I wasn't really sure how Rapunzel was going to look all animated up, but she completely stole the trailer for me! Maybe it's just because the film IS about her and there was quite a buildup to her 'reveal' in the trailer itself, but her character design is a lot more impressive to me than the static images which I've only seen until now.

Flynn reminds me of an older Jimmy from Treasure Planet :p. Especially that first 'Wanted' poster of him with all the arrows in it. It's probably towards the end of the film, because they've fixed up his nose in that poster :p.

AV Founder
AV Founder

Post by Randall » June 10th, 2010, 10:55 pm

The release date is listed beside the trailer, even if it's not in the actual trailer--- Nov. 24.

Wow, that is some of the best human CGI animation ever! It's almost photorealistic at times, though the proportions and faces are obviously meant to be cartoony. Color me impressed.

And don't worry about the Flynn-centric nature of it. There will be other teasers to follow, I'm sure, each with a different focus.

GeorgeC

Post by GeorgeC » June 10th, 2010, 11:18 pm

Mandy Moore...

Kiss of death...

Never has appeared in anything that I actually wanted to see!

Besides that, this almost looks like a Pixar film...

... IF it were made by the C-team at DreamWorks!

Can't say that the trailer makes me want to see it but it has been that kind of year.

Not a good year for going to the movies and now Hollywood wants to make every big tier film in 3-D?

(You can't seriously tell me Disney hasn't looked at making 3-D "prints" of this film.)

Madness, I say! A pox on their houses for not realizing that A) the economy is REALLY bad(!) and it's the WORST time to raise ticket prices(!), and B) bad technical gimmicks (3-D in this case) won't disguise the fact that the films are really, really mediocre...

While box office does not equal a quality film, the big drop-offs this year indicate there is just very little to lure a lot of us to theaters.

Hollywood is hurting, and they still haven't gotten the message about remakes, sequels, and the lack of fresh ideas and quality films.

AV Team
AV Team

Post by Dacey » June 10th, 2010, 11:29 pm

The thing is that Hollywood is noticing that 3-D movies are the most leggy right now. Look at "Avatar, "How to Train Your Dragon," "Alice" and even "Shrek Forever After." All of them have shown some of the strongest legs in recent box office history.

I'm not saying I'm for or against so many films being done in the format these days. But I can definately see the temptation in studios wanting to do it as much as they can right now.
Last edited by Dacey on June 11th, 2010, 12:51 am, edited 1 time in total.
"Yesterday is history, tomorrow is a mystery, but today is a gift--that is why it's called the present."