Tangled (formerly Rapunzel)

Features, Shorts, Live-Action and Direct-To-Video
AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by Prince Kido » August 27th, 2009, 12:59 pm

I still can't see it Robster!! Can you reload it please? Thx by advance. ;)
[url=http://davidgilson.blogspot.com/][img]http://davidgilson.free.fr/petitpoulet/banblog2.jpg[/img][/url]

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by robster » August 27th, 2009, 5:52 pm

Prince Kido wrote:I still can't see it Robster!! Can you reload it please? Thx by advance. ;)
It seems like the link itself was deleted, so I'm not sure if it's not allowed to post my stuff, but here's a link instead of posting it directly. Again, this is artwork made by me personally, not official!!!

http://i30.tinypic.com/24gnmyu.jpg

If it's not allowed, just tell me!

AV Founder
AV Founder

Post by Ben » August 27th, 2009, 6:07 pm

Hey Rob...of course you can post your stuff...and I can confirm that the image has been showing for me in your original post above since you made that first update to the link, so it seems some can see it and some can't, for whatever reasons. But I wouldn't just delete a link or image without giving a reason.

Very nice, and "authentic", by the way! :)

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by robster » August 27th, 2009, 6:35 pm

Oh, okay, cool :) just wanted to make sure and don't want to confuse anyone into thinking it's official :) thanx for the kind words everyone ;)

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by estefan » September 10th, 2009, 10:14 am

So, apparently, Mandy Moore has replaced Kristen Chenoworth as the voice of Rapunzel.

I think Kristen Chenoworth was a better choice for the role (why did they let her go?). I like that for their animated musicals, Disney hires actual Broadway actors to voice their lead protagonists (like Jodi Benson in The Little Mermaid, Paige O'Hara in Beauty and the Beast, Tom Hulce in The Hunchback of Notre Dame, Anika Noni Rose in The Princess and the Frog, etc).

Oh, well. That's feature animation for you. And Moore could surprise me. I've just never been impressed by her work.

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by robster » September 10th, 2009, 2:31 pm

Kristen was always too high-pitched and cartoony for my liking. Advantage with Mandy Moore is that she can do the speaking and singing voice for the character...

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by Jake » September 10th, 2009, 3:41 pm

robster wrote:Kristen was always too high-pitched and cartoony for my liking. Advantage with Mandy Moore is that she can do the speaking and singing voice for the character...
I would say that's a disadvantage. Kristen has a much better singing voice than Mandy.

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by Bill1978 » September 11th, 2009, 12:40 am

robster wrote:Kristen was always too high-pitched and cartoony for my liking.
I would have to agree with you on this statement. I'll admit I haven't had much experience with Kristen's work but from what I've heard of her in Wicked and her speaking in Pushing Daisies, her voice is more suited to a sidekick. I think her voice is too cartoony for a lead role.

I'll admit I'm biased but I think Mandy Moore could do a good job in this role.

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Disney's Rapunzel

Post by Dusterian » September 14th, 2009, 11:15 am

robster wrote:Kristen was always too high-pitched and cartoony for my liking. Advantage with Mandy Moore is that she can do the speaking and singing voice for the character...
Wait, Kristen can also sing and talk...! Kristen has sounded normal and mature before, she needs to be when she grows up in Wicked. The Disney people could, and probably would, tell her to change her voice along with developing a new character for an animted film, but her voice sounds very much the kind of thing that would thrive in animation, and is a kind often heard in animation.

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by robster » September 14th, 2009, 4:20 pm

A new Rapunzel design picture, from the D23 presentation last sunday posted on another website. I also posted a version below with a corrected perspective to get an idea of the design in the right angle.

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by Foxtale » September 14th, 2009, 8:51 pm

Mandy Moore? Crazy. Is there a video or some new news circulating on the internet yet besides this picture.

Thanks for fixing the perspective btw, that really helped. :D
[img]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v188/Foxtale/almostthere_signature_smaller.jpg[/img]

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by Kaszubas » September 15th, 2009, 5:55 pm

Thanks for posting this cool spy-pic robster :) I tinkered with it a little bit more trying to regain original body proportions (thanks to google and original Mandy Moore photo) and probably get closer to intended color palette or at least contrast and saturation :)

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by MrsTashlin » November 18th, 2009, 9:01 pm

has anyone heard anymore about this?

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by Daniel » November 18th, 2009, 9:37 pm

Not much, but according to Comingsoon.net and WDP, the official release date is November 24, 2010. And Mandy Moore tweated this today:
TheMandyMoore
recorded with a 70 piece orchestra for "rapunzel" yesterday. indescribably magical. one of the cooler things i've ever been a part of.....

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by Bill1978 » November 18th, 2009, 11:44 pm

A 70 piece orchestra,? Makes me hopeful that the 60s inspired rock songs will still sound musical. Still would love to see a teaser trailer though