Brother Bear

Features, Shorts, Live-Action and Direct-To-Video
AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Brother Bear

Post by JustinWilliams » February 7th, 2006, 12:53 pm

Brother Bear 2 looks to have good production values similar to Bambi II's in aesthetic at least - some images are here for you to have a look at (c) Disney here

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by Christian » February 7th, 2006, 2:42 pm

The animation quality looks to me to be the same as the original.

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Re: 30 Brother Bear 2 Images

Post by JustinWilliams » February 7th, 2006, 2:43 pm

JustinWilliams wrote:Brother Bear 2 looks to have good production values similar to Bambi II's in aesthetic at least - some images are here for you to have a look at (c) Disney here
Though it's not there yet, the DVD website's due to be http://www.brotherbeardvd.com/

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by JustinWilliams » February 7th, 2006, 2:46 pm

Yeah - I'm very impressed. The Bambi II animation was fantastic - and this looks the same. Sadly 'Fox and the Hound 2' looks more like the chaff we're used to getting - it looks like 101 Dalmatians II crossed with Lady and the Tramp II quality - strong black outlines and without the softness of BB2 or Bambi II.

AV Team
AV Team

Post by Dacey » February 7th, 2006, 6:22 pm

So, are these stills from the "Bambi II" DVD or something?
"Yesterday is history, tomorrow is a mystery, but today is a gift--that is why it's called the present."

AV Founder
AV Founder

Post by Ben » February 8th, 2006, 7:49 am

Regarding Fox And The Hound 2 (I can't believe I just typed that) animation quality...

I think you'll find that the animation is more than passable, but why they go for the pure black outlines is to approximate the style of the original film. Likewise for the Dalmatians sequel, which was following the Xerox look of the 1961 original.

Jungle Book 2 went the same way, and the only time they seem to use individually colored outlines is in following a film that originally had them (such as Lady And The Tramp, Bambi and Brother Bear).

I agree that colored outlining looks better, but I am in favor of keeping them black if the intent is to try and match the feel of the original Xerox/black outlined films.

On topic, the Brother Bear 2 art does look good - here's hoping we get a proper sequel this time out.

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by PatrickvD » February 8th, 2006, 12:03 pm

let's hope this has an actual story... Rutt & Tuke look hilarious. As always. I also loved them in the Disneyland 50th Anniversary commercial. They actually looked good in CGI. Though Brother Bear was IMO a medicore film, those moose are easily the best characters Disney's created in a long time. They're almost Pixar fun.

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by Christian » February 8th, 2006, 12:10 pm

Bambi II mostly looked real good but they didn't show the three poorly drawn characters in the trailer. Hopefully BB2 will have a consistent, high-quality look . . . and story.

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by JustinWilliams » February 8th, 2006, 1:31 pm

Thanks James for your comments. I know that 101:II was following a design and it worked! But FATH2 doesn't look like the original at all to my eyes - it desn't have the same warmth to the image as the original.

Christian, yeah, I agree - there were two I though looked out of place. Loved how they presented 'Man' in this version too - worried that they'd show too much. And wasn't it lovely how they did the sequence where Bambi dreams of his mother? I cried. And I was ready to dislike the film. Hope BB2 is as good - looks like strong similarity between that and the original.

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by Meg » February 8th, 2006, 2:19 pm

F&TH 2 looks too...bright.

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by Kinoo » February 8th, 2006, 3:32 pm

Hound2 looks too FLASH powered... Bright colors ain't the tone of the movie, they're screwing it all!

BrotherBear2 looks good animation wise, but the trailer was sooo boring! Kinai, Rutt and Tuke discovering the female world... C'mon!!
[url=http://www.pixar-room.com][img]http://pixarroom.free.fr/PIXAR%20PICS/mai2007/R.jpg[/img][/url]
http://www.inbedwithkinoo.canalblog.com

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by Christian » February 10th, 2006, 3:00 am

There's a new Brother Bear 2 trailer on the Lady and the Tramp DVD. It's rather . . . umm . . . interesting.

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by JustinWilliams » February 10th, 2006, 3:15 am

Oh? Do tell.... :shock:

AV Founder
AV Founder

Post by Ben » February 10th, 2006, 9:32 am

JustinWilliams wrote:Thanks James for your comments.
No problem...but stop calling me James! ;)

The main thing "wrong" with F&TH 2 is the backgrounds. They look too "puffy", bland and spray painted as opposed to the fairly lush layouts of the original., which got close to recalling Bambi's look at some points (in fact I believe that several layers of art from Bambi were reused in F&TH).

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by JustinWilliams » February 10th, 2006, 1:11 pm

Sorry - why'd I call you James! LOL...Strange...