Brother Bear

Features, Shorts, Live-Action and Direct-To-Video
AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by YCougar » September 18th, 2006, 11:11 pm

Ben wrote:What's the "TLK2 bit" that doesn't surprise you? Did I miss something? :)
Oh. I was just referring to the part of his post where Scar's small appearance in TLK2 was Cummings. It wouldn't surprise me.... it wasn't a bad sequel, but I wouldn't expect Jeremy Irons to return for it. ;)

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Re: Brother Bear

Post by Farerb » September 29th, 2021, 2:59 am

I watched the film again (the original, not the sequel) and once again I found it a bit unremarkable, but watchable I guess (unlike Home on the Range). The first 20 minutes or so try so hard to be Lion King or Tarzan or even Pocahontas and I don't think it works that well, I guess it might have to do with the characters designs which are very similar to Lilo and Stitch (but there it worked because it was more of a comedy while here they try to be serious). Everything after Kenai turns into a bear, including Koda and the mooses, is not really interesting... But I see that this film was almost as successful as Lilo and Stitch, I guess it has a fanbase of some sort but it seems to be almost forgotten by now, though I heard that the DMC might rerelease a Blu-ray this year.

AV Founder
AV Founder

Post by Ben » September 29th, 2021, 6:14 am

It’s been on Blu, with its not actually too-offensive sequel, for a while now:

https://www.amazon.com/Brother-Bear-3-D ... B00AO686QK

I guess DMC could do a reissue, or drop the DTV, but it’s harmless enough and, in a combo pack like this, one can kind of just accept it as a bonus feature.

AV Founder
AV Founder

Post by James » April 26th, 2023, 9:38 am

Got to visit Animal Kingdom at Disney World this week for their 25th anniversary day. They had a ceremony at park open with some speeches. It ended with a musical number and all the characters in the park coming together on stage. Was very surprised and glad to see that the song they chose to celebrate their anniversary with was Welcome from Brother Bear! Nice to see the company not forgetting they have some great songs from films that maybe aren't as popular.

AV Founder
AV Founder

Post by Ben » April 26th, 2023, 11:22 am

"This is our festival
You know
And best of all
We're here to share it"

I love that lyric. :)