Post by Jeroen » February 13th, 2008, 12:57 pm

so excited!!

AV Team
AV Team

Post by Dacey » February 14th, 2008, 10:50 am

It's now online!!!

http://movies.yahoo.com/feature/indiana ... howVideo=1

Looks pretty good to me.
"Yesterday is history, tomorrow is a mystery, but today is a gift--that is why it's called the present."

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by Jeroen » February 14th, 2008, 11:52 am

Sweet mother of all things, YES!!

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by Vernadyn » February 14th, 2008, 12:14 pm

Wow. Definitely looks like Spielberg is back in action (mode). I have even more confidence that this will be a supremely well-directed extravaganza. Now one can only hope that the story will be worthy of Indy. Fingers crossed...

AV Team
AV Team

Post by Dacey » February 14th, 2008, 3:12 pm

I've been watching it over and over again. Is that healthy? :lol:
"Yesterday is history, tomorrow is a mystery, but today is a gift--that is why it's called the present."

AV Founder
AV Founder

Post by Ben » February 14th, 2008, 4:17 pm

I was going to post a reply here, but I've saved it for tomorrow's front page. I'll post a link tomorrow morning...

AV Founder
AV Founder

Post by Ben » February 15th, 2008, 7:16 am

GeorgeC

Post by GeorgeC » February 15th, 2008, 9:42 am

Indy swings across area and lands on Jeep's windscreen...

INDY: "Son, I broke my hip!"

As cool as seeing Indy in action again might be for some of you guys, I'm still not convinced this film was necessary.

I think it's at least 15 years too late. A new character should have been created and a new series begun. There's something sad about this team (Spielberg + Lucas + Ford) coming back to do another Indy film NOW. It's really not about anything other than money and cashing in on nostalgia while they have a slim chance of convincing their fan base they still "got it."

Oh, it'll make money for sure... at least for the first week or so, and that might be enough to pay for the film prints, but I have doubts it'll be as good as the first two Indy features.

AV Founder
AV Founder

Post by Ben » February 15th, 2008, 11:18 am

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by Jeroen » February 15th, 2008, 1:40 pm

• Spielberg promised “no CGI”…I noticed a ton of it, and it didn’t look very good (King Kong’s weak spot, the unrealistic green screen dinosaur chase, comes to mind).
As much as I loved the teaser, I must agree on that.
The car chase through the jungle was a little to obvious and things reminded me of King Kong all the way through the teaser as well. especially when it comes to the colour-palette.

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by Vernadyn » February 15th, 2008, 3:53 pm

Yeah, let's hope Janusz Kaminski can get away from that Lost World/AI/Private Ryan/Minority Report/War of the Worlds look and capture what made Douglas Slocombe's photography of the originals so brilliant.

My opinions may not be as strong as some, but I definitely like the third Indy film better than the second (the first is the best of course). Maybe because it's the flaws of the second stick out so much more to me. There is no break for exposition, Willie is a joke, and there is a troubling sense of excess in many scenes. Now, I like it better than 90% of the other action films I've seen, but it seems more like a string of great sequences strung together.

Preconceptions about a film can be interesting...rarely do we hear someone admit that they liked a film they were predisposed to not like. In many cases, of course, the film does turn out to be disappointing, but it would be interesting to know just how much expectations play into this. I admit I'm guilty of this... I had a bad feeling about Polar Express, and I still don't see what's so great about it. But some people do. Does that make me wrong? No, of course not. So people who like it must be wrong, right? Right? Well, that's the thing. No one can make a work of art that everyone likes. In the end, I'd rather see a movie that pleases me rather than one that pleased others. I'm human, after all. Blah blah blah...

Sorry, I didn't mean to be so long. Maybe this post was just a catharsis for me to come to grips about the subjective nature of film and other pretentious bull I have no right to be writing about....About the new film, I'm sure it will be a breath of fresh air to the inundation of Transformers/King Kong shaky-camera-fests we've been swamped with recently. The question is how fresh it will be....

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by Jeroen » February 16th, 2008, 2:00 am

Norwegian version of the teaser, can you spot the differences?
http://www.dagbladet.no/kultur/2008/02/14/526940.html

info on the "enchancements" of the US version:
http://www.aintitcool.com/node/35630
(seems like all the guns have been replaced by walkie talkies and Jabba The Hutt makes a special appearance :wink:)

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by ShyViolet » February 16th, 2008, 9:22 am

This is actually a fake teaser from when people thought the film might be called "City of gods." In some ways I think it's better than the real one we got! :P (the editing & music anyway--just MHO)

You can’t just have your characters announce how they feel! That makes me feel angry!

AV Founder
AV Founder

Post by Ben » February 16th, 2008, 12:50 pm

Norwegian: hey, no US flag!?

Yeah, what the heck is all that about!? How ridiculous., just to get an MPAA All Audiences rating!?

Actually, while the AICN shot isn't as fair as it should be (there is much more of a gun shown on the guy on the left), it's true about Winstone's pants. He actually looks like he's had an "accident" as a result of being held gunpoint if you look at his "walk" as he backs up.

Egad! :(

I always thought that "City Of The Gods" trailer was a great idea, poorly executed. The voice over is badly written, overly performed, and the music...what's that all about!? But it's got a nice idea behind it, and the guy "doing" Indy gets Ford's hand movements about right.

Actually, I think I'd have preferred something like this, with some <I>VERY</I> quick wow-shots tagged on to the end, over what has actually been released.

AV Team
AV Team

Post by Dacey » March 10th, 2008, 10:43 am

Comingsoon.net has the new poster:

:D