Post by Ben » March 11th, 2008, 9:30 am

I guess they...don't? :(

AV Team
AV Team

Post by Dacey » March 11th, 2008, 11:53 am

Shoot. The link I had broke.

EDIT: This should work:

http://movies.yahoo.com/movie/1808404510/info
"Yesterday is history, tomorrow is a mystery, but today is a gift--that is why it's called the present."

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by Jeroen » March 11th, 2008, 1:09 pm

Kinda dissapointing, I have to admit I prefer the teaser poster over this one.

AV Founder
AV Founder

Post by Ben » March 11th, 2008, 3:14 pm

It's basically, I think, what we would be <I>expecting</I>, but without bringing anything new or exciting to things. If there had been some new, rogue element that we could spark a discussion on, maybe the poster would strike us more?

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by Jeroen » March 11th, 2008, 3:55 pm

Yes, it is in the tradition of the previous posters as expected and it is obvious they played it "safe" but when we compare it to the previous posters in the series, the composition looks quite sloppy (to me at least ;)) while the characters' expressions are quite tame, especially Marion's headshot.

It's not a bad poster by any means, just a little plain.

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by Vernadyn » April 29th, 2008, 6:01 am

According to the official site, it's been rated PG-13 for "adventure violence and scary images." No real surprises there. As I side note, I'm really looking forward to this film's soundtrack. I can only hope that we'll get seventy-something-plus minutes of brilliance. The agonizing three-year John Williams drought finally comes to an end!

AV Founder
AV Founder

Post by Ben » April 29th, 2008, 10:15 am

Well, you would be expecting to slow down...he isn't getting any younger!

Personally, I wouldn't be surprised if he announces Indy will be his last full score. Other upcoming projects seem to be reusing older themes (Star Wars, Superman, Potter, etc) so I think the idea is that he sits back and relaxes a bit!

But...you're right - it'll be great to hear some truly classic Williams back on a soundtrack!

AV Team
AV Team

Post by Dacey » April 30th, 2008, 11:08 am

"Yesterday is history, tomorrow is a mystery, but today is a gift--that is why it's called the present."

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by Daniel » April 30th, 2008, 11:19 am

Aside from a second or two, it's about the same as the one that's been showing here non-stop. Very cool though, feels classic-y.

AV Team
AV Team

Post by Dacey » May 3rd, 2008, 1:26 pm

Here's the final trailer!!!!

http://www.comingsoon.net/news/movienews.php?id=44585

I love it! It looks like it's going to have the same feel as the other three. And Cate Blanchet is going to be awesome! :D

AV Founder
AV Founder

Post by Ben » May 4th, 2008, 10:11 am

Pretty nice! Captures the old magic, even if Harrison Ford does look a little more stiff in places and obviously replaced with Greg Powell's stunt team more often than not. It could still go either way for me, but it's going to be fun, me thinks.

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by droosan » May 4th, 2008, 10:38 pm

Wendy's Jane wrote:And Cate Blanchet is going to be awesome! :D
Will she have a short burly partner, obsessed with 'keeling moose und squirrel' ..? :lol:

AV Founder
AV Founder

Post by Ben » May 5th, 2008, 7:52 am

:)

GeorgeC

Post by GeorgeC » May 6th, 2008, 3:02 am

I still think the big spoiler for the film is going to be ..................... ..................... (And no, it has nothing to do with past recovered artifacts.)

The DK Visual Guide for Indiana Jones is hiding this information, but it's still coached in the entries.

I thought it was pretty darn obvious after doing some sifting through the book and this was my gut reaction when I first caught word of the casting for a new character. It also seemed too convenient to bring back Marion Ravenwood after all these years. I'd be very surprised if I'm wrong.

Hollywood goes for the obvious these years. No surprises.

Iron Man may be on the itinerary next weekend. It just wasn't going to be this past weekend since I felt sick as a dog.

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by Vernadyn » May 9th, 2008, 2:50 pm

The soundtrack clips on Amazon sound fantastic. Intersting to hear that little Nazi motif from "The Map Room: Dawn" from Raiders.