Indiana Jones And The Kingdom Of The Crystal Skull

Features, Shorts, Live-Action and Direct-To-Video
AV Founder
AV Founder

Re: Indiana Jones BD Quadrilogy set for Fall 2012 release

Post by Ben » March 1st, 2012, 6:35 pm

I'm guessing we'll get the three hour-long "making of" specials that I'm not sure have turned up before in the "Trilogy" or "Adventure" collections in full. I have them on VHS and LaserDisc, but a nice SD on BD version would be nice.

Really not bothered by Indy IV at all, but would rather have the set than not, so will put up with it as with the evil Superman film in that series' box set.

AV Founder
AV Founder

Re: Indiana Jones BD Quadrilogy set for Fall 2012 release

Post by Randall » March 1st, 2012, 7:29 pm

Agree on evil Superman film. 100%.
But going against convention, I kinda liked Crystal Skull. I wonder if the same extras for that will show up on the box set.

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Re: Indiana Jones And The Kingdom Of The Crystal Skull

Post by ShyViolet » March 12th, 2014, 2:34 pm

Not their best, but funny nonetheless. :)

The very, VERY last part is the funniest!
You can’t just have your characters announce how they feel! That makes me feel angry!

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by ShyViolet » March 12th, 2014, 3:26 pm

A VERY telling Spielberg interview:

You can’t just have your characters announce how they feel! That makes me feel angry!

AV Founder
AV Founder

Post by Ben » March 13th, 2014, 4:33 pm

I think this is just ripped from the DVD, it seems...nothing new or him admitting they all made a mistake, and Spielberg not wanting to do aliens is well documented (the reason they're not aliens but inter-dimensional beings)...

And, of course, being promotional...even Spielberg has to play up the positive aspects...! ;)

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by ShyViolet » March 13th, 2014, 4:42 pm

Yeah, I guess it seemed new to me because he recalls how George called the aliens "interdimensional beings" and then said they'd look like aliens: Spielberg seemed kind of frazzled when recollecting that. I actually don't own the DVD so it seemed new when I watched it. (although I did already know that he didn't want to do aliens.)

BTW, re-watching the HISHE video, it did seem a bit weaker than their other ones. :|

Buzz Bumble

Post by Buzz Bumble » April 6th, 2014, 12:32 am

Reportedly: One of the conditions Harrison Ford made for returning to the role of Han Solo for the new Star Wars Trilogy was that Disney agreed to make more Indiana Jones movies as well. :)

AV Founder
AV Founder

Post by Ben » April 6th, 2014, 12:56 pm

Do you have a source or link on that news?

I don't think any actor can impose those kind of demands, but I wouldn't be surprised if his overall Disney deal didn't include an Indy film or two because Disney wanted it...

Buzz Bumble

Post by Buzz Bumble » April 6th, 2014, 9:50 pm

Ben wrote:Do you have a source or link on that news?
This ScreenRant.com page has both versions of the reports - Harrison Ford was enticed by two more Indiana Jones movies OR Harrision Ford demanded two more Indiana Jones movies.

Either way, it looks like we may be getting at least two more in the series ... although there is also a rumour that Disney is planning to "reboot" the franchise, which is always a silly idea that simply kills off the original version. :(

Anyone can demand anything they want, but whether they get it or not is a different question, as is whether they're "worth" it or not. :)