Meet The Robinsons

Features, Shorts, Live-Action and Direct-To-Video
AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by Meg » April 14th, 2006, 1:55 pm

I don't mind if Bowler Hat Guy (gawd that is a cool name) is still in it as long as he fits in with the movie.

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member
Location: I'd rather be way out there beyond this hidden town, Barnaby.

Post by PixarVixen » April 15th, 2006, 12:25 am

Nooo. I don't want Snidely to be the villain. I hope they change their minds about him. I'm just not a big fan.

~~=oP

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Robinsons trailer

Post by PatrickvD » April 15th, 2006, 5:32 am

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by chernabog » April 15th, 2006, 9:27 am

Nooooo! Please put your trust in him... Just let yourself go! Sorry, a parcel arrived this morning and I think it's my birthday present. I'm all hyper.

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by JustinWilliams » April 15th, 2006, 10:55 am

I like it! Though, seeing the animated graphic on the website linking to the above, I do wish it had been 2D rather than GCI....

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by Meg » April 15th, 2006, 11:02 am

It's a little too loud for me, I guess...But I really do love the look, and I can't wait for this. Bowler Hat Guy's animation is fantastic!

EDIT: I watched it for a second time and just got the 'Today Land' joke. Ha ha.

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by Meg » April 15th, 2006, 11:07 am

Happy Birthday...?:wink:

So how 'bout that new trailer? I think this project definitely (spelled it right this time) has some potential, but I wasn't too hot about the teaser - mostly the characters running around about getting hit. But wow, the animation on the villain is great.

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by askmike1 » April 15th, 2006, 11:33 am

This looks like it should be a very good movie. And I do hope it's not true that Lassiter & Catmull want the guy with the bowler hat gone. I think he will be the best character in the whole movie.

And it will be great to see another movie in Disney Digital 3D!
-Michael
[url=http://www.mainstreetword.com]MSW[/url]

AV Team
AV Team

Post by Dacey » April 15th, 2006, 12:07 pm

Woah, Meg, there's a trailer? And a teaser?

Bowler Hat Man lives!!! :D :D :D
"Yesterday is history, tomorrow is a mystery, but today is a gift--that is why it's called the present."

AV Team
AV Team

Post by Dacey » April 15th, 2006, 12:23 pm

Wow. A trailer! I'll try to download it the next time I'm on the internet. :)

Hope that BH's animation lives up to what I've been hearing.
"Yesterday is history, tomorrow is a mystery, but today is a gift--that is why it's called the present."

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by PatrickvD » April 15th, 2006, 1:08 pm

Bowler looks cooler handdrawn as you can see on the Disney Pictures official site, but still pretty damn good. A fun Disney villain.

Overall, a huge step up from Chicken Little. I remember the first teaser for that one.. ouch.

I think the whole "Lasseter wanted Bowler out of the movie thing" was just one of the many false reports by Jim Hill... ow how often he is wrong.

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by askmike1 » April 15th, 2006, 2:43 pm

Meg wrote:EDIT: I watched it for a second time and just got the 'Today Land' joke. Ha ha.
:lol: I just got that (yeah, I know, I'm not that observant :) ). That was funny.
-Michael
[url=http://www.mainstreetword.com]MSW[/url]

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by piotr » April 15th, 2006, 3:02 pm

The Bowler guy's voice doesn't work for me, I always find that the right voices help bring out the character, this one seems a little flat. The animation is top-notch, I just hope they don't add to many pop-references.
"Life is pointless, unless you score."
-Piotr
www.nuzarc.com

AV Founder
AV Founder

Post by Ben » April 15th, 2006, 4:51 pm

Anyone remember Dishonest John from Bob Clampett's Beany And Cecil cartooooooons?

Bolwer Hat Guy reminds me a LOT of that character and I was kind of expecting a sneaky voice like that. But it works well enough, though all this talk of him being in the synopsis and the trailer can only point to him being in the movie - he certainly looks like he's an important, plot revolving character!

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by PatrickvD » April 15th, 2006, 5:32 pm

Ben wrote:Anyone remember Dishonest John from Bob Clampett's Beany And Cecil cartooooooons?

Bolwer Hat Guy reminds me a LOT of that character and I was kind of expecting a sneaky voice like that. But it works well enough, though all this talk of him being in the synopsis and the trailer can only point to him being in the movie - he certainly looks like he's an important, plot revolving character!
He is what most Disney films have lacked recently: an awesome villain... they need to use him in advertising. I love how he moves and stuff. VERY cartoony. Everything about it just screams 'Incredibles'. It'll be tough to come close to that one, but it looks fun enough for me.