Meet The Robinsons

Features, Shorts, Live-Action and Direct-To-Video
AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by Therese » April 9th, 2007, 9:47 pm

Thanks, Jeroen - Playtime Planet sounds about right.

And thanks, Daniel, for the welcome. Methinks I need to get myself to a Disney Store and get my Bowler Hat Guy Beanie.

Ben, I hope you get to see the movie soon! :) I agree that it does build, and I've heard some comments that it starts slowly, but I really liked the early portion, for several reasons. For one, because it uses some quieter moments to help set up the story before all the zaniness kicks in. Plus, I love all the stuff with Goob (does he actually have the first lines of dialogue in the movie?) - I just remember the first time, being immediately won over by his voice as he's rambling on in this completely natural "little kid" way, and I love his interactions with Mildred ("You and me both, chief."). He just has this great, world-weary sweetness about him. The initial introduction of Wilbur is a lot of fun, too, with all of his fast-talking and "time cop" posing - it's no wonder Lewis thinks he's nuts.

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member
Location: I'd rather be way out there beyond this hidden town, Barnaby.

Post by PixarVixen » April 9th, 2007, 11:33 pm

Therese wrote:Plus, I love all the stuff with Goob (does he actually have the first lines of dialogue in the movie?) - I just remember the first time, being immediately won over by his voice as he's rambling on in this completely natural "little kid" way...
I adore Goob's "conversation" with Lewis. Something about pimples is all I can recall. His cutie-pie voice distracted me. :D

And yes, Goob did indeed say the very first words in Meet The Robinsons. ;)

~~=oP
[img]http://i539.photobucket.com/albums/ff356/PixarVixen/sigs/SyndromeOlympictoss.jpg[/img]
[b]I ♥ Tony Rydinger[/b]
[size=75]avatar by Robert Iza[/size]

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by Daniel » April 9th, 2007, 11:59 pm

Therese wrote:And thanks, Daniel, for the welcome. Methinks I need to get myself to a Disney Store and get my Bowler Hat Guy Beanie.
Your welcome. :)

Hehe, you and me both! ;)

AV Founder
AV Founder

Post by Randall » April 10th, 2007, 12:05 am

I saw MTR on Easter Sunday with my daughter. All through the movie, I was thinking, "I like it... I like it... I like it..." Then, by the time we got to the end, I had a broad grin on my face, and was thinking, "I LOVE it!"

MTR was leagues better than Chicken Little, and it feels like Disney is back on track. (Actually, I like most of their recent films, with only Chicken Little and Brother Bear really disappointing me.) It just felt like someone in charge knew how to push all the right buttons. Truthfully, though I don't know how much input John Lasseter really had, it feels like his fingerprints are all over it. I don't wish to underestimate the directors and animators, though; a lot of people did very good work here. Really, by the end of the film, I was just really happy for the Disney creative people. Good job, guys!

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by Therese » April 10th, 2007, 7:36 am

PixarVixen wrote:
Therese wrote:Plus, I love all the stuff with Goob (does he actually have the first lines of dialogue in the movie?) - I just remember the first time, being immediately won over by his voice as he's rambling on in this completely natural "little kid" way...
I adore Goob's "conversation" with Lewis. Something about pimples is all I can recall. His cutie-pie voice distracted me. :D

And yes, Goob did indeed say the very first words in Meet The Robinsons. ;)

~~=oP
Aww, PV, I like your new sig pic! :) Yeah, he starts off with the thing about pimples, and it takes a minute to figure out what he's talking about; apparently, he's talking about picking out a mask (or makeup?) for Halloween. Then he goes off on the baseball tangent - I won't get it right, but I love the line where he complains about his teammates not taking it seriously enough, and says something like, "let's play some baseball, not the lazy game!"

SPOILER and I'm going to try to do the hidden content thingy:
After Lewis put everything right, I really wanted one little coda at the end, even during/after the credits, where we see a happy, grown-up Goob playing in the World Series.

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by Jeroen » April 10th, 2007, 7:44 am

SPOILER and I'm going to try to do the hidden content thingy:
After Lewis put everything right, I really wanted one little coda at the end, even during/after the credits, where we see a happy, grown-up Goob playing in the World Series.
Yes, I was waiting for that to happen as well! A grown up version of the good Goob. Just for a second would have been great!!
Goob was without a doubt most peoples favorite character of the movie so seeing something like that would have been a really satisfying ending

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by Jeroen » April 11th, 2007, 5:21 pm

I just bought the Robinsons' soundtrack on Itunes and I can't get the "to the future" score out of my head!!
My mind keeps singing: The future looks so bright, The future looks so bright todaa-a-ay.
It makes me happy...a little too happy :D

When listening to it without the movie itself drawing my attention I really started noticing The pee-wee and Mars attacks vibe in the score.
On many occasions I'm stunned that it's Elfman but there are so many moments when it's undeniably him.
He has that special Elfman-way of putting a chorus in his scores wich I love.

AV Founder
AV Founder

Post by Ben » April 12th, 2007, 5:43 am

Tonight. I'm going tonight.

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by JV IS TIZ!!! PIXAR » April 12th, 2007, 9:49 am

Good for you Ben! :D It a really great movie!

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by ShyViolet » April 12th, 2007, 12:38 pm

Tonight. I'm going tonight.

Yay! :)

:wink:
You can’t just have your characters announce how they feel! That makes me feel angry!

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by Daniel » April 12th, 2007, 10:41 pm

Ditto! :)

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member
Location: I'd rather be way out there beyond this hidden town, Barnaby.

Post by PixarVixen » April 12th, 2007, 11:23 pm

Yesterday, I traveled with my parents through 2 states to watch Meet The Robinsons in Disney Digital 3D. The movie itself just gets better and better! The glasses added depth, but they didn't make things pop out. Still, the experience was enjoyable, and now I have a souvenir. 8)

I paid more attention to the score and songs. I'm lovin' them now! My favorite tracks are Danny Elfman's "To The Future!", "The Future Has Arrived" by The All-American Rejects, and "The Motion Waltz" (Emotional Commotion) by Rufus Wainwright, which I think sounds similar to the track "The Prologue".

~~=oP
[img]http://i539.photobucket.com/albums/ff356/PixarVixen/sigs/SyndromeOlympictoss.jpg[/img]
[b]I ♥ Tony Rydinger[/b]
[size=75]avatar by Robert Iza[/size]

AV Founder
AV Founder

Post by Ben » April 13th, 2007, 7:42 am

Darn it...didn't make it!

Monday afternoon fer suuure! It's booked. :)

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by Groaning » April 14th, 2007, 2:55 pm

No one wants to see it with me....
Damn...
[img]http://www.pixarplanet.com/images/rat.jpg[/img]

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by bullwinkle » April 14th, 2007, 3:14 pm

Do any of you guys know the production budget for Meet The Robinsons.