Meet The Robinsons

Features, Shorts, Live-Action and Direct-To-Video
AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by Meg » March 29th, 2006, 3:55 pm

Oh, so, it's 3-d but not in Imax? Hmm...I just assumed it was, since Imax gets a lot of 3-d CG films. Plus I'm stupid.

Polar Express in 3-D on the big screen was defiantly eye pleasing - almost made up for the creepy designs and 'meh' story.

AV Team
AV Team

Post by Dacey » March 29th, 2006, 6:12 pm

Back to MTR: I REALLY hope that they don't get rid of that villain.

I mean, look at him. He looks like one of those ecentric, insanely evil people that movie fans have grown to love.

I wish I had a pic handy...
"Yesterday is history, tomorrow is a mystery, but today is a gift--that is why it's called the present."

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by Brandon Neeld » March 29th, 2006, 6:36 pm

I'll be honest - from what I've seen, the villain just really hasn't done anything for me with the typr of movie I've been lead to believe this will be. I've got alot of hopes for it though and have since the beginning whether Pixar is involved or not.
"We're Dead! We're Dead! We Survived but We're Dead!!!" -Dash- "The Incredibles"

AV Team
AV Team

Post by Dacey » March 29th, 2006, 6:42 pm

(sharpens spear) I suggest that we kill Brandon. He doesn't like Bowler Hat Man!!!

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by ShyViolet » March 29th, 2006, 8:38 pm

They don't really have good old fashioned "baddies" - their films mostly have characters up against a tough situation, but so far all I can think of was Spacey's grasshopper in A Bug's Life.
(not trying to flame Pixar! :wink: )

Oh so true....it's all about: "Oh no, I'm a toy who's about to get thrown out!" or "I'm a car who might rust!" It's like they're afraid of actually showing real danger or fear, there has to be a soft edge on everything.
That's my opinion. It's like those picture books you looked at when you were a little kid, IE: Peter Rabbit, that never really acknowleged "bad" things in the world. That's why when you get older you start reading Narnia books....
:wink:

AND I LOVE Syndrome, like, one of my fave villains in ANY movie, EVER, (thoughIncredibles is like a Brad Bird film), because you actually get the feeling that Hey! These characters are in actual peril. Syndrome was self-absorbed, mercilless, frightening and cruel. And yet you still feel kinda sorry for him....

I think the MTR villain looked neat. And I really don't understand all this script surgery....I mean haven't the rumors from the past year, from different blogs and so forth, all testified to the fact that MTR is shaping up to be a very good film? Is it just not "Pixary" enough? Sheesh! :roll:
You can’t just have your characters announce how they feel! That makes me feel angry!

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by Meg » March 29th, 2006, 8:50 pm

Well, recent news has been saying that MTR is having story problems.

Maybe they should like, move Bowler Hat Man to a different movie if he doesn't fit in the the rest of the MTR cast...

AV Team
AV Team

Post by Josh » March 29th, 2006, 11:57 pm

[deleted by Mickey]
Last edited by Josh on March 30th, 2006, 12:02 am, edited 3 times in total.

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by ShyViolet » March 29th, 2006, 11:57 pm

Well, recent news has been saying that MTR is having story problems.
Well, says Pixar...at least from what it seems. :?
You can’t just have your characters announce how they feel! That makes me feel angry!

AV Team
AV Team

Post by Josh » March 30th, 2006, 12:00 am

ShyViolet wrote:I really don't understand all this script surgery....I mean haven't the rumors from the past year, from different blogs and so forth, all testified to the fact that MTR is shaping up to be a very good film? Is it just not "Pixary" enough?
Good questions, Violet. Maybe Jim Hill has the answers for you: http://www.jimhillmedia.com/article.php?id=1889. Basically, the original storyboards for A Day with Wilbur Robinson were fantastic. However...
Jim Hill wrote:The original storyboards for "A Day with Wilbur Robinson" weren't transferred directly to the screen as is. Given that this was the very first theatrical release that the then-head of Disney Feature Animation, David Stainton, had personally put into production ... Well, David allegedly had a lot of notes for Stephen. And -- with each new set of notes -- "A Day with Wilbur Robinson" got more and more diluted. Moving further & further away from that original strong first draft.

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by ShyViolet » March 30th, 2006, 12:08 am

Hmmm...that's a good point Mickey! :)

AV Team
AV Team

Post by Josh » March 30th, 2006, 2:10 am

Thanks! :)

AV Founder
AV Founder

Post by Ben » March 30th, 2006, 7:18 am

ShyViolet wrote:AND I LOVE Syndrome, like, one of my fave villains in ANY movie, EVER, (thoughIncredibles is like a Brad Bird film), because you actually get the feeling that Hey! These characters are in actual peril.
Okay - shoot me, I can't remember - but did anyone DIE in The Incredibles?

I'm not talking the superheroes mis-haps with capes and things, but a real, on-screen death that REALLY puts Syndrome in the top league? I don't think so, which still, for me, only puits Syndrome down as an enjoyable but, let's face it, ineffectual COMEDY villain.

Tell me if I'm wrong, but I never saw Syndrome as anything like a threat that the family, when they "hey, all work together", couldn't handle.

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by chernabog » March 30th, 2006, 7:47 am

Ditto. Before I get into another debate about Syndrome I'm gonna revert back to MTR again. My guess is that it will be significantly better than Chicken Little but still not a 'wow! Disney's back' kind of film. I think American Dog is going to be the one that marks their return to form.

AV Founder
AV Founder

Post by Ben » March 30th, 2006, 9:41 am

Yeah, I think the double-whammy of American Dog's fantatsic, totally new look and feel, and Rapunzel's return to fairytale glory is what is going to put Disney back on the map.

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by ShyViolet » March 30th, 2006, 1:33 pm

Tell me if I'm wrong, but I never saw Syndrome as anything like a threat that the family, when they "hey, all work together", couldn't handle.
You do have a point Ben, like when that giant robot or omniroid was stampeding through the city at the end of the movie, you KNOW they're going to defeat it because they're the ones with all the powers, and Syndrome doesn't even have any. Rocket shoes--come on! Right away they get the remote control--awfully convenient. And like you said in your comments back then, THERE'S NO ONE IN THE CITY AT THE TIME! Where are all the screaming people? Where's the destruction and devastation? Even when things get tense and he steals their baby, the script deflates the tension almost right away by giving the baby super powers and turning it into a humorous situation by having Jack-Jack beat up Syndrome, and then Syndrome getting his cape stuck in the engine.
On the island there's some scary parts, but even the kids are so powerful that you never really do get the sense that they're in REAL danger. They might have maybe put a "non-super" like Kari in danger at the end for some suspense, but that doesn't happen either. :roll:
Yeah, I think the double-whammy of American Dog's fantatsic, totally new look and feel, and Rapunzel's return to fairytale glory is what is going to put Disney back on the map.
Yeah, just hope they don't decide to make them too "Pixary" :wink: :roll: