Meet The Robinsons

Features, Shorts, Live-Action and Direct-To-Video
AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by Meg » March 22nd, 2007, 8:23 pm

When I saw the TV commercial for "Meet The Robinsons" and they showed the dinosaur scene in it, the first thing I thought was "Gee, he looks an AWFUL LOT like that Toy Story plastic dinosaur!"
What are you talking about?!?

Image[/img][/quote]

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by Sullivan » March 22nd, 2007, 10:26 pm

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by ShyViolet » March 22nd, 2007, 11:54 pm

Thanks Sulley! :D

Also, JHM weighs in on "The Art of Meet the Robinsons".

:wink:

http://jimhillmedia.com/blogs/jim_hill/ ... nsons.aspx
Last edited by ShyViolet on March 23rd, 2007, 12:20 am, edited 1 time in total.
You can’t just have your characters announce how they feel! That makes me feel angry!

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by Sullivan » March 23rd, 2007, 12:04 am

Yeah... I wouldn't examine the art he has posted too closely. Some spoilers there in miniature.

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by droosan » March 23rd, 2007, 12:16 am

Thanks for the warning; I'll wait a week, before taking a look! :)

One week and 3 hours to go, for me .. I've got tickets to the first midnight show at the El Capitan! 8)

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by ShyViolet » March 23rd, 2007, 12:19 am

Hey Drew, maybe you can write on what the premiere was like or something? That would be great! :D
You can’t just have your characters announce how they feel! That makes me feel angry!

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by ShyViolet » March 23rd, 2007, 12:31 am

BTW, I doubt I will see this in 3d. :( Not 'cause I don't want to, but because I'm IN THE MIDDLE OF NO WHERE. I don't think any theaters here have 3d, but I'll look into it.

Well, there is this HUGE mall in Syracuse about an hour from here, with a pretty well equipped movie theater. I might go for it there. :)

Also just wondering, does anyone know if there's going to be any Tiny plushies? :wink: :)

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by Sullivan » March 23rd, 2007, 1:00 am

Try this, Vi:

http://www.reald.com/cinema_theater.asp

About an hour south of you outside of Scranton in Moosic PA there's a theater in 3d

http://www.cinemark.com/theater_showtim ... ter_id=279

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by Sullivan » March 23rd, 2007, 1:01 am

Yep, I get my tiny plushy tomorrow.

Little teeny bowler hat on him.

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by ShyViolet » March 23rd, 2007, 1:11 am

Try this, Vi:

http://www.reald.com/cinema_theater.asp

About an hour south of you outside of Scranton in Moosic PA there's a theater in 3d

http://www.cinemark.com/theater_showtim ... ter_id=279
Wow, thanks Sulley! :)

Yep, I get my tiny plushy tomorrow.

Little teeny bowler hat on him.
Awww, how cute!!!! :wink: :) :)

I'll either buy one, or order it. Either way, that Tiny plushie is mine!! :P

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by Sullivan » March 23rd, 2007, 1:26 am

I think Disney Store will be carrying the Tiny plush.

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by ShyViolet » March 23rd, 2007, 1:35 am

Oh, that's great! :) There used to be one around here, but it closed down about three years ago. :(

BUT, there is one in the Syracuse mall. I'll be going there in about a month, so I'll be sure to get a Tiny plushie then, and of course some other Disney stuff! Gotta have your Disney fix! :D

(BTW my cell phone's ring is now the first two lines from "A Dream Is a Wish", the original words AND music! :) )

I also have song clips from "Part of Your World", "Bibbidi Bobbidy Boo" and "Under the Sea." :wink:

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by droosan » March 23rd, 2007, 1:50 am

My cell phone ringtone is the 'doorbell' sound effect from The Jetsons .. which is basically chimes to the tune of "Meet-George-Jet-so-o-o-on". It always gets laughs of recognition from whoever I happen to be near, when I get a call. :lol:

Speaking of which, since installing 'Tallulah' as my avatar, I've realized she looks a lot like Jane Jetson .. :idea:

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by ShyViolet » March 23rd, 2007, 2:01 am

My cell phone ringtone is the 'doorbell' sound effect from The Jetsons .. which is basically chimes to the tune of "Meet-George-Jet-so-o-o-on". It always gets laughs of recognition from whoever I happen to be near, when I get a call. Laughing
That's really funny! :D

Reminds me of how when I was about nine I used to get up really early to watch The Jetsons on TV before I went to Day Camp. :wink:

My very first "famous song ring" was probably the "Kronos" theme from The Incredibles, which I later switched to "Glory Days."

:wink:
Speaking of which, since installing 'Tallulah' as my avatar, I've realized she looks a lot like Jane Jetson ..
She does look like Jane, but Judy as well I think. :wink:

AV Founder
AV Founder

Post by Ben » March 23rd, 2007, 4:49 am

Wow...the Tallulah/Jetson connection! :)

The caffine patch thing feels like a left over joke from Chicken Little...it's the one thing in all the trailer I've seen that feels like a Disney exec came up with that and it has to be prominent in all markerting. It's just shouty and screechy.

Tiny is hysterical. I love him, but am worried they're selling this as another dinosaur film instead of what it is. And they REALLY should be pushing Bowler Hat Guy...he's genius but is getting lost in the marketing.

Whatever happened to really good, oily, Disney villains...? Oh yeah...Pixar. ;)