The Thief & The Cobbler: ReCobbled Cut

Features, Shorts, Live-Action and Direct-To-Video
AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by Sullivan » April 3rd, 2006, 2:10 pm

Ice age II made 70 million this weekend.

Some fad.

AV Team
AV Team

Post by Dacey » April 3rd, 2006, 2:31 pm

"Ice Age 2" is also a sequel. Sequels almost always do well.

Case in point: "Basic Instinct 2".
"Yesterday is history, tomorrow is a mystery, but today is a gift--that is why it's called the present."

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by Meg » April 3rd, 2006, 2:34 pm

Plus, it's got Scrat!

AV Team
AV Team

Post by Dacey » April 3rd, 2006, 2:35 pm

Exactly!

For the record, "Basic Instinct 2" would've done better if it had Scrat in it. ;)
"Yesterday is history, tomorrow is a mystery, but today is a gift--that is why it's called the present."

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by Meg » April 3rd, 2006, 2:47 pm

I would have totally seen that movie if it had Scrat in it.

AV Team
AV Team

Post by Dacey » April 3rd, 2006, 2:50 pm

Yow! Hottest sex scene evah! :D

Then again, she looks like she's about to kill him...

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by Meg » April 3rd, 2006, 2:53 pm

LMAO.

AV Founder
AV Founder

Post by Ben » April 3rd, 2006, 3:47 pm

Shame Ice has no beaver characters in it (hint, hint...) ;)

Sorry, for lowering the tone...

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by tygerbug » April 7th, 2006, 1:47 am

BEN - I would LOVE your broadcast copy of I Drew Roger Rabbit and Animating Art! Dear god, yes! Please email me.

Hi guys! This is Garrett Gilchrist. I'm the guy doing this restoration. Yes, it's a fan project and unofficial. Yes, it's been approved by Richard Williams' son Alex and many others who worked on it.

I've "released" a rough cut DVD of the film which aired on GBS.TV. The final cut will have better picture quality and could be done by the end of the month. I've collected 8 other DVDs related to Richard, and there will be more coming. I'm interviewing people who worked on this film and collecting material for a possible book/documentary.

Follow all the fun in the thread at this forum:
http://originaltrilogy.com/forum/catego ... m?catid=11

Or email me - tygerbug (at) yahoo.com.

Oh, and my website, orangecow.org, should be back up now.
http://orangecow.org

AV Founder
AV Founder

Post by Ben » April 7th, 2006, 8:13 am

Very cool. I have got your PM and will get back to soon. I'm away this weekend, but will dig out the copies and email everything I have.

Obviously this is in PAL format BetaSP, so I could try and get a (broadcast quality) NTSC conversion done for you and send these to you on DVD?

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by tygerbug » April 7th, 2006, 8:21 am

Sure! A PAL DVD would be fine too.

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by tygerbug » April 12th, 2006, 4:48 am

Any news on this?

AV Founder
AV Founder

Post by Ben » April 12th, 2006, 9:46 am

Yep. I have been away filming!

Also, I don't simply have these tapes to hand. I need to visit the library here at the studio and dig them out. Also have to work out how to transfer BetaSP to DVD for ya, so it'll be a little while yet, but well worth it.

Obviously I'm hoping for a full set in return?

Working as fast as I can - I'd like to see this all together as much as you!! :)

BTW...
On reading trough your forum...you might be interested in the opening and closing titles for "A Funny Thing Happened On The Way To The Forum", which RW also completed. A movie channel here has been running that lately and I could pick those up.

I also have the full "Roger Rabbit And The Secrets Of Toontown" special in its original broadcast version and in a special edit I did that incorporates material from a Disney documentary that had a section on Roger with RW explaining the tricks in the Benny The Cab scene. There's your next job (hehe!)...a cut of Roger with all the deleted stuff put back in!

Lastly, I have an NTSC DVD dub of the pan-and-scan Raggedy Ann And Andy, which I am pretty sure came from the Columbia LaserDisc, if that also helps.

BTW...the Miramax cut on LD has amazing print quality, as far as I remember. In fact, I remember being quite knocked out by the print quality on this release.

VERY impressed with the time and energy you are putting in to this - the kind of thing I used to do for my own home tapes before the net sprouted up and "real work" had to take over! :)

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by tygerbug » April 12th, 2006, 8:42 pm

>> Obviously I'm hoping for a full set in return?

Hell yeah.

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by fani » April 13th, 2006, 2:07 am

Actually, one of our profs worked on it. He has the nth hand copy of the original cut stored in our college's archive.(Sheridan) You'll have to ask him to get some of it though. He's 87 years old and REALLY protective about it. Oh and he teaches animation history. His name is Kaj Pindal