The Thief & The Cobbler: ReCobbled Cut

Features, Shorts, Live-Action and Direct-To-Video
AV Founder
AV Founder

Post by Ben » November 12th, 2006, 6:53 pm

There was a laserdisc release from a while back that had the whole film anamophically stretched out. Basically, if you played it on a widescreen display it would squeeze it back to standard shape, though it was still zoomed in on and cut a little from the sides.

A proper 2.35:1 release would be great, and after pretty good box set releases for their Laurel And Hardy, Charlie Chan and Moto box sets and a number of other "Cinema Classics" line, anything is possible from Fox...they seem to be on a bit of a re-release hot streak.

From their library, Anastasia and FernGully got nice two-disc sets, and Home Alone is getting the same treatment this year. Hopefully they'll complete their "animation library" with similar issues for The PageMaster, Once Upon A Forest, and Raggedy Ann And Andy.

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by ShyViolet » November 14th, 2006, 3:16 am

I think I dreamed about this film last night. Can't remember what it was though. :wink:
You can’t just have your characters announce how they feel! That makes me feel angry!

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by macontosh2000 » November 17th, 2006, 12:21 pm

Here is a review of The Thief and the Cobbler dvd.
http://www.dvdfile.com/index.php?option ... 5&Itemid=3

:(

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by Deco King » April 17th, 2007, 2:21 pm

I was a student at Wolverhampton Polytechnic ( 1975 - 1978 ) I was a fellow student of a guy called Boguslaw Wilk whose name appeared on the credits of Who Framed Roger Rabbit - does anyone on this website know Bob - as we used to call him?

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by ShyViolet » March 9th, 2008, 2:52 pm

For some reason I can't stop watching this video: :) (I think it's from the Miramax version.) It's actually pretty well put together....

(Yeah, I know this thread is quite old. :P)

Interesting to see the horrible animation of the princess side-by-side the amazing Williams animation. Hopefully SOMEDAY Disney/Williams will step in and get this film properly realized. :?
You can’t just have your characters announce how they feel! That makes me feel angry!

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by Jeroen » March 11th, 2008, 1:45 pm

(Yeah, I know this thread is quite old. :P )
It is a thread worth bringing to the attention once in a while :)

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by Jafar » March 20th, 2008, 11:04 am

I'm so glad I got the Recobbled Cut as a gift from a friend recently! A BIG thanks to all the people behind it and for all the hard work! Great job, indeed! Can't wait to watch it!

I, however, designed my own cover for the dvd and here's the link, in case anyone cares :)

http://bp2.blogger.com/_-OPXLe_l1bA/R-P ... bled01.jpg
Last edited by Jafar on March 21st, 2008, 2:17 pm, edited 1 time in total.

AV Founder
AV Founder

Post by Ben » March 20th, 2008, 2:48 pm

Pretty nice there, J! :)

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by Jafar » March 20th, 2008, 2:59 pm

Thanks Ben :)