Dream On Silly Dreamer

Features, Shorts, Live-Action and Direct-To-Video
AV Founder
AV Founder

Post by James » December 4th, 2004, 11:32 am

They'll never translate it to English or bring it to Broadway - it was actually good. Why bring it to a larger audience when we can just spend our time, energy, and money on Hunchback 3?

AV Founder
AV Founder

Post by Ben » December 4th, 2004, 5:52 pm

True...true...

AV Founder
AV Founder

Post by James » December 4th, 2004, 9:28 pm

Or better yet we can just turn it into a made for TV movie...

AV Team
AV Team

Post by Josh » December 4th, 2004, 10:21 pm

But that may not be a bad thing, though. I am looking forward to it.

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by Stego » December 5th, 2004, 2:02 am

Ben wrote:Was it based on the Berlin show?

I'd LOVE to see that (and there is talk of transferring it into English, either for London or Broadway). That would be something!

Not sure...but, Man, i think the music just lends itself to be an excellent musical. Plus, it was presented by a very talented cast and they all seemed to enjoy the production very much. The show started out with classical street performing stuff...traditional juggling and the like. The Festival of Fools felt very involving, especially since it was in the outdoor theater towards the back of the park.

The opening of the story was told in a similar fashion of the movie...puppetry. And the puppets were very effective little marionettes...only they told the WHOLE beginning like that...even the parts with Quasimodo's parents. All in all, very entertaining. Sometimes, (i think) a show just has good chemistry...this one did just that.

I always left that show singing along...at least, i think i did...it was back in 2000 :D

AV Founder
AV Founder

Post by Ben » December 5th, 2004, 4:49 am

Sounds very cool!

The stage show used set blocks for the staging, with the "locations" actually projected onto them. It was all very avant garde, but from what I saw and a second-hand account, it worked very well.

Shame about the TV movie version. I hope it's done well. TV does seem to be upping their game to theatrical output, so hopefully a big event movie like this will get a decent budget and have enough kudos behind it to gurantee later DVD sales, etc.

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by mr. squarepants » December 5th, 2004, 8:54 pm

Actually, ABC's Hunchback of Notre Dame has a lot going for it- a decent enough budget, the team of Alan Menken and Stephen Schwartz, and director Jason Moore (a talented director who will also be directing the Broadway Shrek musical).

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Shareholders' meeting

Post by ShyViolet » February 5th, 2005, 6:12 pm

Do you think it is going to be as "explosive" as last year's meeting? :?:

You'd think not, since Eisner has already given his resignation and all, but there is that public screening of "Dream on, Silly Dreamer" right before the meeting which will certainly rile things up. And with Iger the only "sure" candidate right now, people might state their objections to this at the meeting, in one way or another.

:roll:
You can’t just have your characters announce how they feel! That makes me feel angry!

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by askmike1 » February 7th, 2005, 7:22 pm

Yes, WDC Shareholder Meeting II: The Return of Eisner.

I don't think this years will be anything like last years. After all, Disney has so much good news. Stock is up to almost 30 (without Comcasts help), Disney nabbed the Oscars for ABC until 2014, ABC is doing great (and unlike some other network, they don't have a one-hit wonder). Disney is doing much better this year. Oh and there's something completely gone this year...SaveDisney.

Michael Eisner is likely to boast that a search is out for a replacement CEO & Chairman and that a successor will be named by June. The one thing from last year I hope to see again is that lady who yelled and complained the whole meeting (Eisner even said "and I thought Stanley Gold was bad"). Anyone remember her name? Hope she comes back.
-Michael
[url=http://www.mainstreetword.com]MSW[/url]

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

lady

Post by ShyViolet » February 7th, 2005, 7:31 pm

Oh my gosh!!!! I totally know who you are talking about!! I didn't go to the meeting but just today I was researching articles on lexis-nexis from the past year and I read about this lady. I forgot her name but I will look it up for you. I also read that someone else told her to "sit down and shut up!" She sounds crazy.

I agree that this year Disney is doing a lot better but....last year when the meeting came around they were ALSO doing well, but the people who wanted Eisner out didn't care. True...you're right that the SD efforts have certainly died down, so probably there will be much less "discontent" at the meeting. But there IS that screening of "Dream On, Silly Dreamer," right before the meeting in the same city. On the SD site they encourage shareholders to see the film and then attend the meeting. So....who knows what will go down.....
Last edited by ShyViolet on February 7th, 2005, 7:35 pm, edited 1 time in total.
You can’t just have your characters announce how they feel! That makes me feel angry!

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by Christian » February 7th, 2005, 7:35 pm

Her name starts with an E; Elaine or something. I just think of her as 'E.'

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by ShyViolet » February 7th, 2005, 7:36 pm

Kind of like "Edna Mode"?????

AV Founder
AV Founder

Post by James » February 7th, 2005, 8:05 pm

http://www.animated-news.com/archives/00001056.html
The only notable thing that occurred during the Q&A was that reknowned shareholder activist Evelyn Davis rose at every opportunity to ask questions interrupting Eisner and even other shareholders at times. She originally had the audience laughing and cheering her on but after too many interruptions (one of which was to tell Disney's treasurer to call her Ms. Davis - "I've been married three times!") she drew their, and Eisner's, ire and was asked to remain seated or be removed.

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by ShyViolet » February 7th, 2005, 8:41 pm

After Roy and Stanley gave their speeches Eisner actually joked: "Thank you, Roy. Thank you, Stanley. That was a joy."

:lol:

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by askmike1 » February 7th, 2005, 10:56 pm

They are also going to be talking a lot about the 50th Anniversary, new attractions, Chicken Little, Chronicles of Narnia, and Hong Kong Disneyland...all positive things. Although the boardmembers won't have 0% disaproval, they'll get significantly lower than last year because Disney has for the most part done everything the big groups (like CalPERS) wanted them to do.
-Michael
[url=http://www.mainstreetword.com]MSW[/url]