Charlotte's Web

Features, Shorts, Live-Action and Direct-To-Video
AV Founder
AV Founder

Charlotte's Web

Post by Ben » April 5th, 2006, 10:57 am

Couldn't find we had a thread on this...so I made one (all by myself)! :)

Actually, it was Mac's love for the Treasure Planet score that got me going on this...it's used again in the teaser for Charlotte's Web:

http://www.themoviebox.net/movies/2006/ ... railer.php

...as well as a little Scissorhands (can't go wrong with that ever). Have to say, I wasn't impressed - the audio sync is off, maing the animation look poor, and frankly I'd rather have seen some of the STORY as opposed to merely being run off a bunch of names and having to sit through the joke of one line - and in some cases one word! - being sprouted by said actors' characters.

Sorry, but this put me right off. I don't need to see another "Babe" movie! ;)

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by Meg » April 5th, 2006, 3:59 pm

I keep thinking of that line in one of the Freakazoid episodes..."That is one cute pig."

As for me, I think I'll stick with the animated version. This looks like a cross between Babe and (shudder) Racing Stripes. Hopefully this will turn out better than what the trailer points to.

Ugh, big celebrity names...Heeeelp...

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by ShyViolet » April 5th, 2006, 9:37 pm

One word: yuck. :?
You can’t just have your characters announce how they feel! That makes me feel angry!

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by Brandon Neeld » April 5th, 2006, 10:25 pm

I'll admit, the trailer is actually alot better than what I was expecting... of course, then again, I wasn't expecting very much. ;)

Personal Annoyances...
1) Too many big names
2) Dakota Fanning *blech* though admittedly just in the trailer I think her quality was a huge step up from WotW, but then again she didn't have any other direction to go.
3) Don't get me wrong I love Steve Bucemi but Paul Lynde WAS Templeton. I was hoping he'd at least try to bring back some of that persona in Templeton but instead he seems to be completely reinventing the character. I felt like I was watching Stuart Little.
"We're Dead! We're Dead! We Survived but We're Dead!!!" -Dash- "The Incredibles"

AV Team
AV Team

Post by Dacey » April 5th, 2006, 11:47 pm

Haven't watched the trailer yet. I have trouble getting these things working on my computer.

However, I will say that Dakota Fanning sounds like choice casting, as does Steve Bucemi.
"Yesterday is history, tomorrow is a mystery, but today is a gift--that is why it's called the present."

AV Founder
AV Founder

Post by Ben » April 6th, 2006, 7:25 am

Brandon Neeld wrote:I was hoping Steve Bucemi would at least try to bring back some of that persona in Templeton but instead he seems to be completely reinventing the character.
Yeah, he's completely reinventing the character so it sounds like Steve Buscemi (as usual)! ;)

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by Meg » April 6th, 2006, 8:17 am

Dokota Fanning...Ugh. She needs to like, stop being in movies for a little while. If there's a movie starring a little girl, you can bet that girl is Dakota Fanning.

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by Lindsay » April 7th, 2006, 7:38 pm

As a huge fan of Babe, and also having watched the Hanna-Barbera Charlotte's Web a ton when I was young, I definitely concur with the majority opinion here... bleah. It looks way too "Hollywood-ized" - too many celebrity names thrown around; I mean, even the bit parts have celebrity voices! O_o And Dakota Fanning as Fern... uh, not really, no. It may just be a case of Fanning overexposure, but I'm awfully tired of the kid by now. :?

Unless we see some more promising trailers and other promotions for this film before Christmas, I'm passing on this one.

Banned
Banned

Post by Movie-Man » April 21st, 2006, 9:04 pm

This is going to end up in the IMDB 100 bottom list.

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by eddievalient » April 21st, 2006, 10:08 pm

I can't believe it. For once I agree with Movie Man. I never cared much for the animated movie, so I don't think the live action one will be much better.

AV Founder
AV Founder

Post by Ben » April 22nd, 2006, 3:15 am

I actually think Movie Man is agreeing with all of us! ;)

Banned
Banned

Post by Movie-Man » April 22nd, 2006, 1:07 pm

Ben wrote:I actually think Movie Man is agreeing with all of us! ;)
Well I never like Charlotte's Web anyway especially Dakota Fanning, don't like her but from what I seen, this is going to be the next Son of the Mask.

AV Team
AV Team

Post by Dacey » April 23rd, 2006, 2:22 pm

Oh, c'mon, it won't be THAT bad. Seriously.
"Yesterday is history, tomorrow is a mystery, but today is a gift--that is why it's called the present."

Banned
Banned

Post by Movie-Man » April 23rd, 2006, 2:59 pm

Wendy's Jane wrote:Oh, c'mon, it won't be THAT bad. Seriously.
Then how do you explain the bad reaction to the trailer? Charlotte's Web might become the next Son of the Mask.

AV Team
AV Team

Post by Dacey » April 23rd, 2006, 3:02 pm

Yes, but even if it gets a bad reaction, it seems quite unlikely that it will be as detested as "Son of the Mask" was.

Besides, I'm sure that kids will like it.