Charlotte's Web

Features, Shorts, Live-Action and Direct-To-Video
Banned
Banned

Post by Movie-Man » April 23rd, 2006, 3:10 pm

Wendy's Jane wrote:Yes, but even if it gets a bad reaction, it seems quite unlikely that it will be as detested as "Son of the Mask" was.

Besides, I'm sure that kids will like it.
Funny, kids like Son of the Mask while everyone else hated it and it'll be the same for Charlotte's Web.

AV Team
AV Team

Post by Dacey » April 23rd, 2006, 3:30 pm

But does anyone *really* think the film will be nominated for any of those stupid "Razzies"? Meesa no tink so.
"Yesterday is history, tomorrow is a mystery, but today is a gift--that is why it's called the present."

Banned
Banned

Post by Movie-Man » April 23rd, 2006, 3:43 pm

Wendy's Jane wrote:But does anyone *really* think the film will be nominated for any of those stupid "Razzies"? Meesa no tink so.
Obviously yes.

AV Founder
AV Founder

Post by Ben » April 23rd, 2006, 4:09 pm

What, you mean there's gonna be a green-faced dog and a bouncing baby toon in it??

Right, I'm defintiely not seeing this now. ;)

AV Team
AV Team

Post by Dacey » April 24th, 2006, 12:46 pm

Ben's right. I've been talked out of seeing this one now! ;)
"Yesterday is history, tomorrow is a mystery, but today is a gift--that is why it's called the present."

AV Team
AV Team

Post by Josh » November 20th, 2006, 3:14 am

For anyone who doesn't already own a copy of the animated classic Charlotte's Web, K-Mart has a pretty enticing offer this week. When you buy the "Charlotte's Web DVD Collection," containing the 1973 film and its 2003 sequel, you'll receive a copy of the book for free ($9.99 value).

AV Founder
AV Founder

Post by Ben » November 20th, 2006, 12:53 pm

I'm not interested in the DTV sequel, but Amazon has the original and book deal here with nice new packaging:
http://www.amazon.com/Charlottes-Gift-1 ... UTF8&s=dvd

It's only $11.19, but there's no info on if this is the widescreen version of the film.

Anyone know? :)

AV Team
AV Team

Post by Josh » November 20th, 2006, 1:02 pm

Thanks for the link, Ben. :) I'm not sure if that set includes the widescreen version of Charlotte's Web, though.

However, I do have a correction to make, regarding my previous post. I think K-Mart has the wrong artwork in the advertisement to which I linked. The set in Ben's Amazon link is the same one being sold at not only K-Mart, but also other stores. It's a special promotion that several retailers are offering this Tuesday.

In other words, the K-Mart set doesn't include Charlotte's Web 2: Wilbur's Great Adventure.

AV Founder
AV Founder

Post by Ben » November 20th, 2006, 1:07 pm

Well, if someone can get to a K-Mart and see if this is the widescreen of the first film, that would be some useful info right there. :)

AV Team
AV Team

Post by Josh » November 20th, 2006, 1:12 pm

I'll try to find out tomorrow, when it's released.

AV Founder
AV Founder

Post by Ben » November 20th, 2006, 1:17 pm

Oooh, thanks! :)

AV Team
AV Team

Post by Josh » November 20th, 2006, 1:21 pm

You're welcome. :)

AV Team
AV Team

Post by Josh » November 20th, 2006, 1:39 pm

As it turns out, I think I've found the answer to whether the Charlotte's Web DVD/Book combo comes with the full screen or widescreen version of the film. From what I understand, the answer is...

Both.

Circuit City advertises the Charlotte's Web as being in widescreen, while Wal-Mart lists it as being in full screen. HOWEVER, those formats may be exclusive to certain stores. For instance, the Circuit City set packages the book and DVD back-to-back, while Wal-Mart has them side-by-side.

Either way, I believe Best Buy has the, um, best buy ($9.99) - if the set includes the widescreen version of the film, that is.

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by Daniel » November 20th, 2006, 2:42 pm

Um... Best Buy-- haha Mickey ;)

Anyway... it looks like its a special edition of the original. Aww of all the luck! I already have the original DVD (widescreen)

Thank goodness people don't have to get the sequel, bleh! its LM2 all over again.. (I'll spare you the rant ;))

But I absolutly the original! The animation music and voices is what makes this film timeless, and a must have!

Btw... That is a great offer. Thanksgiving promotion, perhaps?

AV Team
AV Team

Post by Josh » November 20th, 2006, 3:57 pm

My guess is that the deal is to spark interest in the Charlotte's Web property again, while also attracting new fans. After all, the live-action film is about four weeks away.