The Hunchback of Notre Dame

Features, Shorts, Live-Action and Direct-To-Video
AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by ShyViolet » April 21st, 2006, 2:42 pm

Todd MacFarlane
Just curious: is he related to that other MacFarlane? :wink:
You can’t just have your characters announce how they feel! That makes me feel angry!

Banned
Banned

Post by Movie-Man » April 21st, 2006, 2:48 pm

ShyViolet wrote:
Todd MacFarlane
Just curious: is he related to that other MacFarlane? :wink:
I don't know, maybe he isn't, it's like the whole "Is Butch Hartman related to Phil Hartman?" thing.

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by ShyViolet » April 21st, 2006, 3:19 pm

I think Todd MacFarlane should do a Disney animated Horror film if Disney allows that.
I doubt they would, the very idea of a "Disney Horror" film, live-action or animated, just couldn't make it. One thing that keeps Disney going is their reputation for making family entertainment and this would definetely compromise them. I can't imagine a Spawn-like Disney cartoon! :) :?
Parents would be apopleptic. Fans would riot! :P You think Eisner got heat, what do you think fans would do to Bob Iger if he ever produced something like that? The furthest Disney has gone in the way of horror (live-action) is Pirates of the Carribean and I doubt they would go further. (I mean under the Disney label, not counting M. Knight Shamylan's films under TouchStone)

In Disney Feature animation...it would NEVER happen. Especially now that a lot of viewers seem to be scorning the "new" animated film comedies/updates/parodies and clamoring for the "classic" stories like Cinderella and The Little Mermaid. An animated horror film, much less one done by Disney, just wouldn't happen. DreamWorks sometimes experiements with different things (just check out some of the human sacrifice stuff in Road to El Dorado) but they would never go all the way. Katzenberg has said very clearly that he wants to stay out of that territory, that he would never make an R-rated animated film. It's true you see a lot of that stuff overseas like in Anime and so forth, but in America I very much doubt it would fly.

EDIT: Forgot to mention Nightmare Before Christmas. THAT's as far as they'll ever go. I doubt they would have done Corpse Bride.
Last edited by ShyViolet on April 21st, 2006, 3:55 pm, edited 1 time in total.
You can’t just have your characters announce how they feel! That makes me feel angry!

Banned
Banned

Post by Movie-Man » April 21st, 2006, 3:24 pm

ShyViolet wrote:
I think Todd MacFarlane should do a Disney animated Horror film if Disney allows that.
I doubt they would, the very idea of a "Disney Horror" film, live-action or animated, just couldn't make it. One thing that keeps Disney going is their reputation for making family entertainment and this would definetely compromise them. I can't imagine a Spawn-like Disney cartoon! :) :?
Parents would be apopleptic. Fans would riot! :P You think Eisner got heat, what do you think fans would do to Bob Iger if he ever produced something like that? The furthest Disney has gone in the way of horror (live-action) is Pirates of the Carribean and I doubt they would go further. (I mean under the Disney label, not counting M. Knight Shamylan's films under TouchStone)

In Disney Feature animation...it would NEVER happen. Especially now that a lot of viewers seem to be scorning the "new" animated film comedies/updates/parodies and clamoring for the "classic" stories like Cinderella and The Little Mermaid. An animated horror film, much less one done by Disney, just wouldn't happen. DreamWorks sometimes experiements with different things (just check out some of the human sacrifice stuff in Road to El Dorado) but they would never go all the way. Katzenberg has said very clearly that he wants to stay out of that territory, that he would never make an R-rated animated film. It's true you see a lot of that stuff overseas like in Anime and so forth, but in America I very much doubt it would fly.
Who the hell cares what parents and Disney fans think, it'd be very open minded of Disney to do something different and if they do an animated Horror film Disney would earn some respect from me and if they won't go for it might as well send the idea of an animated Horror film to New Line Cinema or Warner Bros.

AV Founder
AV Founder

Post by Ben » April 21st, 2006, 3:45 pm

Movie-Man...

Simple request: Can you stop quoting entire messages if you are simply replying to one as the next poster.

Your argumentative manner is getting waaaaay tired, bud.

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by Phil » April 21st, 2006, 3:48 pm

Movie-Man wrote:Who the hell cares what parents and Disney fans think, it'd be very open minded of Disney to do something different...
Disney cares. That's their audience. That's where the money comes from.

It might be open-minded of them, but why would they make a movie that no one (or very few people) would watch?

Banned
Banned

Post by Movie-Man » April 21st, 2006, 4:07 pm

Phil wrote:
Movie-Man wrote:Who the hell cares what parents and Disney fans think, it'd be very open minded of Disney to do something different...
Disney cares. That's their audience. That's where the money comes from.

It might be open-minded of them, but why would they make a movie that no one (or very few people) would watch?
People are always suckers for Horror films.

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by ShyViolet » April 21st, 2006, 4:09 pm

Some people don't like them because it gives them nightmares. They find the whole experience unpleasant.

I'm not one of them, but just sayin'.....

Banned
Banned

Post by Movie-Man » April 21st, 2006, 4:12 pm

POST DELETED FOR NOT FOLLOWING MODERATOR REQUESTS AND FOR USE OF EXPLETIVES.

-----------------------------------

Movie-Man, PLEASE do NOT keep recycling full message quotes when replying to a message immediately above.

And PLEASE keep argumentative comments to a minimum.

And PLEASE do not use expletives in your posts, even with thinly disguised alternative symbol spelling.

Your continued reluctance to follow our guidelines will result in you being banned if you can not lighten up, play nice and respect others' opinions.

Thanks, but this is your last warning.