The Nightmare Before Christmas

Features, Shorts, Live-Action and Direct-To-Video
AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by Daniel » May 1st, 2008, 7:19 pm

Very good news! I've been holding off on the 2000 Special Edition just incase and it was worth the wait. :)

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by EricJ » May 2nd, 2008, 4:18 pm

Once Upon A Dream wrote:It's out in the fall? isn't the fall too busy? (Sleeping Beauty,TinkerBell,WALL-E,etc.).
Uh, you don't go around singing "This is Halloween" on Valentine's Day... :P

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by Once Upon A Dream » May 5th, 2008, 12:57 am

I know,but still,too much good movies XD.
[img]http://i43.tinypic.com/bfqbtk.jpg[/img]

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Nightmare Before Christmas Blu Ray Release

Post by Samhain » June 1st, 2008, 8:27 am

The Only reason for this release is for the people that love this movie and want to see it how it should be shown in Hi Def! Im shocked that some of you folks either havent gotten this yet because you wated to hold of or that you didnt own it in the first place on dvd. Theres no point discussing this release if you arent a fan and if you didnt update the copy since Laser Disc LOL. This is Def. a movie for dedicated fans to enjoy and I understand that not everyone has a Blu Ray Player but I wouldnt bother getting one unless you are as picky as I am about the movies I watch! This is prob. not worth getting on DVD if you already own it. But it has been out of print for atleast a couple of years now unleass you get it on ebay.

AV Founder
AV Founder

Post by Ben » June 1st, 2008, 8:49 am

Welcome to the boards Sam. For your own protection, I've edited your member name to remove the email address - we do not want to be responsible for you receiving unsolicited emails, viruses or other online problems.

If anyone wants to contact you, they can either by PM or the email listed in your profile. Thanks!

Back on topic...I didn't get the DVD of Nightmare because it had less than the LD box set and was not anamorphic - absolutely no "upgrade" whatsoever. But I got the remastered bonus soundtrack recently and will be buying the $180 gift set this time around as well as the Blu-Ray edition, so if that doesn't scream "fan" I don't know what does!

I think the reason for the release is its 15th Anniversary, or would that be too silly a reason to release something!?

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by Once Upon A Dream » June 1st, 2008, 1:32 pm

I think that the 15th Anniversary is really the reason,also they"re making this insted of releasing it to theather again,do you think they"ll add an option to see it in 3-D?.
And no,I don't have the old edition,and no,just because you don't have older versions of a movie doesn't mean you"re not a fan of it,I think that's a silly thing to say.

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by Daniel » June 1st, 2008, 2:26 pm

The reason I didn't purchase the DVD, was because I still have the VHS. ;)

Here's early cover art, via UD:

Bleh. I really hope they change it.

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by Once Upon A Dream » June 1st, 2008, 3:00 pm

Early? I hope it's final,it's perfact :D.

AV Founder
AV Founder

Post by Ben » June 1st, 2008, 3:21 pm

Fun to see this fully embraced as a <I>Disney</I> picture!

Dan...you don't own the SE? Wow!

I can see why we wouldn't bother not getting the SE DVD if you had the LD, but just to stick to VHS!? And you call yourself a fan!?

;)

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by Daniel » June 2nd, 2008, 12:54 pm

Haha, well, it's not like I haven't seen the bonus features, I borrowed the DVD a while back. ;)

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by EricJ » June 3rd, 2008, 3:16 pm

I'm only passable on the movie (I only watch it for the Elfman music), but it's almost worth buying for being Disney's first iPod-compatible "DisneyFiles" Digital Copy-included release...

Let's hope the idea extends to their post-Sleeping Beauty animateds. :D

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by Whippet Angel » June 4th, 2008, 12:48 am

I really hope this new edition also has the Frankenweenie short on it.

I never got the SE for the same reason as Daniel, but I might as well upgrade my VHS copies of both films :P

AV Founder
AV Founder

Post by Ben » June 4th, 2008, 8:35 am

Nope, Frankenweenie will not be included - only Vincent.

You'll have to wait for the Frankenweenie feature to come out on DVD before they include that as an "extra that inspired the movie", natch. :)

AV Founder
AV Founder

Post by Randall » June 4th, 2008, 11:09 pm

Depending on how you interpret this, it appears that Frankenweenie will be on the DVD and Blu-ray, in a new un-cut form, with a Burton intro:

http://www.highdefdigest.com/news/show/ ... Specs/1793

Or, is this just an ad for the new theatrical edition coming next year?

AV Founder
AV Founder

Post by Ben » June 5th, 2008, 5:44 am

"(a new un-cut version of Burton's classic short)"

Then...I'd say Frankenweenie made the cut and just wasn't mentioned in the original press release, unless that's a glaring mistake. Odd that they then <I>don't</I> mention the short itself.

I'd have <I>thought</I> that they would now hold this back until the new Frankenweenie movie comes out. Makes sense either to do that, or to put the original version out here and <I>then</I> advertise an "un-cut" edition on that feature's eventual Blu-Ray disc, no?