The Nightmare Before Christmas

Features, Shorts, Live-Action and Direct-To-Video
AV Team
AV Team

The Nightmare Before Christmas

Post by Dacey » April 25th, 2006, 6:28 pm

http://www.comingsoon.net/films.php?id=14092

It would nice if I got to see it somehow...
"Yesterday is history, tomorrow is a mystery, but today is a gift--that is why it's called the present."

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member
Location: I'd rather be way out there beyond this hidden town, Barnaby.

Post by PixarVixen » April 25th, 2006, 6:36 pm

Interesting. It's really popular so I'm not surprised.

In my opinion, the original TNBC is perfect the way it is. Then again, I'd be jumping for joy if I ever found out they were making a 2D version of The Incredibles.

I'm not sure how hardcore fans will react. Some might think it's cool to see the movie in a different medium, and some might like it the way it is now. I have no problem with it. I'm very curious to see how it turns out.

~~=oP
[img]http://i539.photobucket.com/albums/ff356/PixarVixen/sigs/SyndromeOlympictoss.jpg[/img]
[b]I ♥ Tony Rydinger[/b]
[size=75]avatar by Robert Iza[/size]

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by Meg » April 25th, 2006, 6:43 pm

I think what it means, PV, is that it will be actually '3-D', not CGI.
Y'know, the whole thing where it pops out of the screen and stuff.

AV Team
AV Team

Post by Dacey » April 25th, 2006, 6:44 pm

Maybe I'm misunderstanding you (and if I am, please forgive me), but it seems that you think that they're doing TBNC in CGI! In other words, they're re-animating it! I'm assuming that they mean 3-D as in "You get the free sunglasses" kind of 3-D. Then again, I've been wrong before...

EDIT: Never mind. Meg said everything I was going to say. :)

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member
Location: I'd rather be way out there beyond this hidden town, Barnaby.

Post by PixarVixen » April 25th, 2006, 6:48 pm

Ok now I'm confused. LOL

Either way, it should be neat.

~~=oP
[img]http://i539.photobucket.com/albums/ff356/PixarVixen/sigs/SyndromeOlympictoss.jpg[/img]
[b]I ♥ Tony Rydinger[/b]
[size=75]avatar by Robert Iza[/size]

AV Team
AV Team

Post by Dacey » April 25th, 2006, 7:22 pm

Read Meg's post.

She's right.

I was saying the same thing at the same time, but she said it better than I did. ;)
"Yesterday is history, tomorrow is a mystery, but today is a gift--that is why it's called the present."

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by chernabog » April 26th, 2006, 7:15 am

Oh thank god for that, I was worried they were gonna re-make it then. I would have been devestated. 3D would be very cool for this film.

AV Founder
AV Founder

Post by Ben » April 26th, 2006, 7:40 am

Y'know...it helps if you put the full title in, so people not "in the know" can follow the discussion!

For those as confused as I was - it's The Nightmare Before Christmas, seemingly re-tooled in Disney Digital 3D.

Interesting as to whether this will come out under Touchstone again, or if Disney feel "grwon up" enough to re-issue it under their own name...

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by chernabog » April 26th, 2006, 7:45 am

Hmm it would be nice for it to fall under the Disney banner considering that it's pretty much recognised as a Disney film and you have the theme shops in the Disney parks. Still, it does feel slightly 'too' dark for Disney and I don't think that's something they'll ever get past. Unless of course they release it as Disney/Touchstone, which may seem wierd but The Santa Clause was Touchstone and Hollywood pictures, both of which were Disney owned.

AV Founder
AV Founder

Post by Ben » April 26th, 2006, 7:57 am

Funny...we got Santa Clause over here as a clear cut Disney Pictures title.

I think they could do Nightmare now...everyone assumes as much and Pirates Of The Caribbean proved they could go more than the PG that Nightmare is.

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by Meg » April 26th, 2006, 8:02 am

That's true. Plus, like Chernabog said, everyone pretty much accepts it as a Disney flick.

On a side note, TNBC is VERY popular among my peers.

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by chernabog » April 26th, 2006, 8:07 am

Yeah I forgot POTC had a higher rating. I suppose in that sense it would be ok and as Meg said it's a very popular film. It's achieved cult status really and it would probably help Disney's reputation. In response to Ben I made a mistake. I meant to say it was Disney presenting a Hollywood pictures production.

AV Team
AV Team

Post by Dacey » April 26th, 2006, 5:03 pm

In the US, we get "The Santa Clause" under the Walt Disney Pictures logo. Not Touchstone.

And, hee, hee, sorry about the title. I should've known it would cause some confusion.

AV Founder
AV Founder

Post by Ben » August 2nd, 2006, 6:26 pm

Changed the title to make it clear.

Also, we've been getting a bit more on this lately. Did you guys see the poster? Bit of a shame they're just re-hashing the old Chicken Little specs, but heigh-ho.

And now we have the dedicated trailer - looks like I was right in that it's well and truly a Walt Disney Pictures film now, just as it was when the previews came out in early 1993 before they switched to Touchstone for the final release later in the year.

Good that they got the same voice back to narrate the trailer. Shame it (and the movie) don't use the Patrick Stewart reading on the soundtrack (and we know why that was)...

Excited to see this back on the big screen, even if 3D doesn't rock my world.

AV Founder
AV Founder

Post by James » August 2nd, 2006, 6:52 pm

Have you seen the trailer in 3-D? It looks amazing!