Dumbo

Features, Shorts, Live-Action and Direct-To-Video
AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Dumbo

Post by JustinWilliams » May 7th, 2006, 5:25 pm

I'm sure nobody really cares as they've, like me, got the last Special Edition of Dumbo on DVD - but Disney's new Dumbo DVD website is online. I want to hold on to mine - it's still got my untouched C. Jr. train inside plus the 'sneek peek' into Dumbo 2 which didn't get all that far! :lol:

AV Team
AV Team

Post by Dacey » May 7th, 2006, 6:48 pm

Does it have any new extras BEYOND that music video?
"Yesterday is history, tomorrow is a mystery, but today is a gift--that is why it's called the present."

AV Founder
AV Founder

Post by Ben » May 7th, 2006, 6:54 pm

Well it loses the brilliantly insightful Canemaker commentary and the Crawford video for Baby Mine.

And wasn't that last release digitally restored? It certainly looked better than my CAV LD.

I don't know...at this point I'm happy to wait for Dumbo on Hi-Def whenever that time comes - a VHS, LD and DVD means I'm not desperate to see some spanking new edition again before then.

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by Christian » May 25th, 2006, 3:54 am

The Canemaker commentary is still on the new DVD. The Crawford video is not.

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by Wonderlicious » May 25th, 2006, 2:54 pm

What about the Reluctant Dragon clips?
-Joe

[i]GIRL: Do you know the way to the Magic Kingdom?
PETER PAN: Sure I do...but can you [b]fly?[/b][/i]
-Scary Disney World TV ad circa '71

[b][url=http://www.dvdaficionado.com/dvds.html?cat=1&sub=All&id=big_joe]My DVD List[/url][/b]

AV Founder
AV Founder

Post by Ben » May 26th, 2006, 2:22 pm

Good that the commentary is still there...I love Canemaker's relaxed voice and this track is a nice look back at a film he is obviously very fond of.

So...what are the differences between the editions (I'm guessing Chris has gotten his "complimentary" copy)?

Is the new transfer anything better to scream about - as I say the last one looked pretty good (at least until I upgrade all my Disney titles to Blu-Ray) and way better than the already pretty neat CAV LaserDisc.