A Scanner Darkly

Features, Shorts, Live-Action and Direct-To-Video
AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

A Scanner Darkly

Post by ShyViolet » May 7th, 2006, 8:21 pm

I don't know much about this "animated" (like Waking-Life animated) sci-fi movie but it sounds REALLY funny. :)

Animation Nation:

Author Topic: A Scanner Darkly
Easy Zee
Member # 3201

posted May 04, 2006 11:20 AM
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Wow does this movie ever look ridiculously bad. I saw the trailer in the theater. Keanue Reeves delivers another CLASSIC line, like only HE can deliver it, without emoting. "What? The two hemispheres of my brain are competing?" Everyone in the theater burst out laughing when he said that stupid, stupid, stupid line. I had another group of friends see the trailer on a different day and that audience also burst out into laughter at the same line. Man! Keanue is the worse actor ever. As soon as the trailer was over, I said "Why?" to my friend. Why is this movie even animated? He was about to say the same thing.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"Two hemispheres of my brain are competing..." That's awesome. :wink: :roll:
Last edited by ShyViolet on May 9th, 2006, 6:31 pm, edited 1 time in total.
You can’t just have your characters announce how they feel! That makes me feel angry!

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by Meg » May 7th, 2006, 9:14 pm

This movie looks...

ASGHGH.

AV Team
AV Team

Post by Dacey » May 8th, 2006, 10:38 am

A lot of people are looking forward to this movie for some reason.
"Yesterday is history, tomorrow is a mystery, but today is a gift--that is why it's called the present."

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by ohbrazil » May 13th, 2006, 2:53 pm

I'm looking forward to it. It's based on a Phillip K Dick book by the same name. I love the style too, so even if it is terrible, it is nice to see more of the animation becoming more mainstream.

AV Founder
AV Founder

Post by Ben » May 13th, 2006, 5:46 pm

Yep, the PKD thing is doing it for me too, so at least this style of roto-animating is at least going to have a solid plot this time out!!

AV Team
AV Team

Post by Dacey » May 13th, 2006, 6:47 pm

But it also looks really weird. ;)
"Yesterday is history, tomorrow is a mystery, but today is a gift--that is why it's called the present."

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by ShyViolet » August 7th, 2006, 4:31 pm

Has anyone actually seen this, and is it any good? :?
You can’t just have your characters announce how they feel! That makes me feel angry!

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by Brandon Neeld » August 8th, 2006, 12:09 am

I actually saw a Coming Soon poster for this at my theater so I've got my fingers crossed - the animation is definitely different and it looks interesting - kinda refreshing and unique. I was even surprised to see Ebert and Roepert give it two thumbs up.
"We're Dead! We're Dead! We Survived but We're Dead!!!" -Dash- "The Incredibles"

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by Meg » August 8th, 2006, 8:19 am

I was even surprised to see Ebert and Roepert give it two thumbs up.
They also gave Garfield 2 "Two Thumbs Up".

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by ShyViolet » August 8th, 2006, 9:40 pm

If ASD was just released, Ebert didn't review it. He's been recuperating from Cancer-related surgery for the past two months or so. He's doing better, but Jim Emerson is writing for him in the Sun-Times, and Roeper is doing the show.

AV Founder
AV Founder

Post by Randall » January 9th, 2007, 10:35 pm

Animated Views DVD review now up:

Click here for the review.