Ratatouille

Features, Shorts, Live-Action and Direct-To-Video
AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by ShyViolet » June 9th, 2007, 10:51 pm

This might have already been referenced, (apologies if it was :oops:) but here's the Japanese Ratatouille trailer: :)

This actually made me even more interested in this. :D
You can’t just have your characters announce how they feel! That makes me feel angry!

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by Daniel » June 9th, 2007, 11:35 pm

No no no, your not suppose to bold words, only names. Gosh!

Anyhoo, I've seen that trailer before, but its still interesting.

AV Founder
AV Founder

Post by Ben » June 10th, 2007, 8:03 am

<B>Yes.</B>

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by Groaning » June 10th, 2007, 2:32 pm

Ratatouille is a lock for the Oscar next year.
[img]http://www.pixarplanet.com/images/rat.jpg[/img]

AV Founder
AV Founder

Post by Ben » June 10th, 2007, 2:56 pm

You'd think so...

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by ShyViolet » June 10th, 2007, 3:14 pm

Definitely a front-runner, but MTR could also have a shot, and Paprika's been getting A LOT of critical praise--I wouldn't discount it too easily. Especially with critics cooling towards CGI in general.

This could be another "Spirited Away" thing going on here....:wink:
You can’t just have your characters announce how they feel! That makes me feel angry!

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by Plightyear » June 11th, 2007, 3:35 pm

I am not sure if this has been posted earlier, but I found out on fandango.com that Ratatouille is 1 hour and 50 minutes long.

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by JV IS TIZ!!! PIXAR » June 11th, 2007, 4:01 pm

Yup, I've heard that it is 111 min long.
[url=http://www.jvpixarnews.com]JV PIXAR NEWS[/url]

AV Founder
AV Founder

Post by Ben » June 11th, 2007, 4:04 pm

No doubt that includes "Lifted"...?

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by Plightyear » June 11th, 2007, 8:32 pm

No Pixar short has ever been longer than four minutes.

So even without Lifted, Ratatouille would still be 1 hour and 46-47 minutes long

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by Groaning » June 12th, 2007, 2:53 am

Yeah, Paprika could bring home that award too.
But, remember last year, when Cars wasn't given the oscar?
Now the academy has to amend that.
and btw: Ratatouille looks like a critics darling in my eyes.
[img]http://www.pixarplanet.com/images/rat.jpg[/img]

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by JV IS TIZ!!! PIXAR » June 12th, 2007, 10:56 am

My Experience At The Ratatouille Showing In Austin, TX!

I was fortunate enough to attend an early showing of “Ratatouille” in Austin, Texas on Monday, June 11th at 7:00 p.m.

My dad, sister, and I arrived early to the Alamo Drafthouse in downtown Austin because we wanted to get good seats and we knew all the seats were sold out. When we got there, we were surprised to be the first in line to pick up our tickets. After waiting 45 minutes, we got screened for recording devices. After getting screened, we went over to a table that was serving complimentary ratatouille. Of course, I had to get some and try it for the first time. It was pretty good considering that I don’t like cooked vegetables that well. My dad really liked it and got a second serving.

We were the first people in the theater, so we got to choose great seats in the middle of the theater. Instead of your normal theater that has rows of seats in front of you and behind you, the Alamo Drafthouse is seat up with tables in front of your seats so you can eat a meal. Waiters come by occasionally and get your orders. My sister and I got a pizza that was really good. My dad ate linguini. How cool is it that my dad ate ratatouille and linguini the same night as the movie, “Ratatouille”?

It was 30 minutes until show time after the waiter took our food order. During those 30 minutes, we ate our food and watched some old tv commercials on the theater screen. My dad said that he hadn’t seen any of those commercials since he was a kid.

A guy from “Ain’t It Cool News” introduced the audience to Patton Oswalt (the voice of Remy). Patton said thanks for coming and that this was the only way to get kids to come see “Hostel, Part 2”. Everyone laughed. Patton said that he would do a Q&A session at the end of the movie. Patton then said to enjoy “Ratatouille.” As the lights dimmed, Brad Bird was on the screen and said to the audience at the Alamo Drafthouse that we were one of the first people in the world to see the film and to enjoy the movie! Finally, it was time!

We watched the “WALL- E” teaser trailer first. It was really cool and looked very realistic. The short film, “Lifted” was next. I don’t know how this short film did not win an Oscar. In my opinion, this short film was the best and funniest short film Pixar has ever done. There was non-stop laughing in the theater as it was being shown.

After “Lifted”, it was time for “Ratatouille”. I don’t want to spoil the movie for any of you, so I won’t go into a lot of detail about the movie. “Ratatouille” began with the Pixar animated Disney logo, not the one that has been shown in some tv spots.

In my opinion, this film was probably the funniest Pixar film made yet. It had great animation, great voice acting, great creativity, and great everything else!!! This is the first Pixar film that I heard all of the audience laughing throughout the movie. Kids and adults of all ages were in attendance. My dad even said it was the funniest Pixar film yet. My dad and sister really enjoyed the movie also.

At the end of the movie, [spoil]2-D credits rolled[/spoil]. When I was watching the credits, I saw Patton Oswalt at the entrance/exit of the theater. My sister and I grabbed our Ratatouille flyers (that were given to us when we picked up our tickets) and walked over to Patton. I handed him my flyer and a marker and he autographed it! I was so excited that I was shaking. After that, just Patton and I were chatting for two minutes about how cool it was to voice Remy in the movie. Patton noticed that I had an “Incredibles” shirt on. I told him that I have been following “Ratatouille” for over a year and a half. He was surprised and said that was cool. After talking with Patton, I noticed that Janeane Garofalo (the voice of Colette) was standing next to Patton. My sister and I got her autograph as well. We then went back to our seats.

Next, the guy from “Ain’t It Cool News” introduced the audience once again to Patton Oswalt and special guest, Janeane Garofalo for the Q&A session. There were lots of neat questions asked to Patton and Janeane. My sister even asked a question. She asked if this was Patton’s first time to see the entire movie. Patton said that this was his second time to see the entire movie. He said that he saw it a couple weeks ago in San Francisco (I’m assuming that he is referring to the “Ratatouille” wrap-up party that Pixar held there a few weeks ago). During the Q&A session, Patton told us how he made his voice in the big water scene of the movie sound so real. He said that water was really poured on him while recording to make it sound realistic.

After the Q&A session, Patton and Janeane had to go to a different location in Austin to present the “Foot Fist Way” show. As they were leaving, someone asked Patton to autograph their “Ratatouille” poster. Being such a nice guy as he is, he signed it for them. Janeane walked out with the rest of the crowd to her car.

It was then time to leave and go home. I was so tired when I got home that I decided to wait until this morning to write about my exciting night.

Please feel free to PM me if you have any questions.
Last edited by JV IS TIZ!!! PIXAR on June 12th, 2007, 12:06 pm, edited 1 time in total.

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by rebelrex » June 12th, 2007, 11:31 am

I also had the pleasure of seeing Ratatouille on Monday. And I mean PLEASURE. The "Lifted" short was absolutely hilarious. As for the movie itself I was very, very impressed. The visuals were exceptional, its so amazing how far CG has come. This was far from "just another talking animal movie." I think it's another major milestone for the genre imho. Very funny and Anton Ego was very scary :D . I'm going to be seeing Ratatouille again this weekend and I recommend that everybody does the same (and be sure to let me know if you loved it as much as i did!)

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by JV IS TIZ!!! PIXAR » June 12th, 2007, 11:42 am

Where did you see it?

AV Founder
AV Founder

Post by Ben » June 12th, 2007, 11:45 am

It's "Hostel".