Ratatouille

Features, Shorts, Live-Action and Direct-To-Video
AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by ShyViolet » September 11th, 2007, 4:26 pm

I've never understood why Jim Hill gets knocked so much. I don't look at his site as often as I used to, but whenever I see one of his articles it's always an entertaining read. So what's the problem?

Sometimes his style can be a little "tedious" in that he repeats phrases from story to story ("Don't believe me?" etc...etc...) and sometimes he makes much more out of something than it really is just to have a story (especially these days when there's so few stories coming out of Disney anyway) but all in all I find him an entertaining read as well.

The real reason a lot of people knock him is 'cause he's more or less the only animation blogger out there who challenges the Pixar merger as being anything less than G-d's will on Earth. (as he did during the SaveDisney days with Roy.) I'm not knocking anyone who supports Pixar, but with Disney and animation on the net (in general) certain views are just extremely unpopular.

I also think that some fans (mistakingly) believe that Jim has much more power than he really does, and that by criticizing Pixar or at least pointing out their flaws, he's somehow going to make their stock go down or people suddenly not like them (as if there was even a remote chance of that happening. :roll: :wink:) It was the same thing during the Roy E days--Jim Hill writes an anti-SD story and suddenly everyone believes that Jim is "bringing down the Save Disney movement" with every little essay he puts out. :roll: :P
You can’t just have your characters announce how they feel! That makes me feel angry!

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by ShyViolet » September 11th, 2007, 5:05 pm

Interesting story on Ratatouille and Pixar, how they feel about the whole money issue:

http://www.news.com.au/heraldsun/story/ ... 23,00.html

Funny Bird pic! :P
You can’t just have your characters announce how they feel! That makes me feel angry!

AV Founder
AV Founder

Post by Ben » September 11th, 2007, 5:10 pm

Good. I'm glad - at least publicly - that they are taking this stance.

Most of the movies I dearly love were box office "failures" the first time out. :)

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by ShyViolet » September 11th, 2007, 5:14 pm

I can't wait for you to see Rat and comment on it, Ben! :)

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by ShyViolet » September 19th, 2007, 7:13 pm

It's just a rumor (got it from WDWmagic.com) but I wonder if it will really happen....:wink:

(I don't think I'd want it to.)

http://www.marketwatch.com/News/Story/S ... iteid=yhoo

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by Plightyear » September 19th, 2007, 9:17 pm

I remember seeing a story about that last year, until I realized on the article page it says:

Last Updated: Feb 25, 2006.

Just wanted to point that out.

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by ShyViolet » September 20th, 2007, 12:18 am

Oh, sorry. It was on the WDWmagic forum. :?

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by Daniel » September 20th, 2007, 3:07 am

Perhaps it was just an old thread bumped? :? (Couldn't find it, fyi)

AV Founder
AV Founder

Post by Ben » September 20th, 2007, 9:06 am

Yep, old news. :)

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by Kaszubas » September 20th, 2007, 9:51 am

Finally I saw it ! :) I saw it in Paris :) It was delicious dish in flawless DLP quality ;) After enjoyable and even touching but a little dissapointing Cars (with all those pop-refs and music-video-like-things that remided me of Shark Tale) it made me feel delighted with that exceptional impression of complete satisfaction :) I was a child one more... I left the cinema quite dizzy. It was very romantic evening with all those old downtown's lights glimmering around. We (me and my girlfriend) went for a walk along the bank of the Seine River to Le Pont au Double near The Notre Dame Cathedral where Alfredo Linguini and Remy made their unusual deal ;)

http://www.gdynia.mm.pl/~skaszuba/P1080057.jpg
http://www.gdynia.mm.pl/~skaszuba/P1080068.jpg

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by Daniel » September 20th, 2007, 6:18 pm

Cool pics, Kas! The backround in the first one is simply beautiful. Although, and I hope your not weirded out, you look almost exactly like one of my old friends! He even wore his backpack like that.

Glad you finally got to see Rat, and enjoyed it a lot. :)

AV Founder
AV Founder

Post by Ben » September 21st, 2007, 11:39 am

I took about an hour of DV footage while I was in Paris last year, but the only still photos I got were of the exhibition!

Still...it is an amazing place! Better yet, the new train terminal stretches a track to my town, so I can literally get to Paris direct from my local train station!

Telling ya, that's going to get some usage! :)

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by ShyViolet » October 12th, 2007, 12:41 am

Hey Ben, I bet you're excited about Rat coming out tomorrow! :)

AV Founder
AV Founder

Post by Ben » October 12th, 2007, 3:51 am

I am, but I have my plate full!

As I said, I may well wait two weeks and just see it on DVD. It's how I saw Cars, after all.

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by CharlieBarkin » October 12th, 2007, 7:23 am

I'm seeing it tomorrow. This'll be the first Pixar film I've seen at the cinema as opposed to catching it on dvd. I have great expectations for Ratatouille!