Ratatouille

Features, Shorts, Live-Action and Direct-To-Video
AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by ShyViolet » April 20th, 2006, 3:53 am

Wish I'd been at the Shareholder's meeting. They got to see a preview.

Lucky. :x

Oh, well. :roll:
You can’t just have your characters announce how they feel! That makes me feel angry!

AV Founder
AV Founder

Post by Ben » April 20th, 2006, 6:32 am

As will we all in about 8 weeks!

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by Meg » April 20th, 2006, 8:43 am

Hopefully my time machine will be finished before that.

AV Founder
AV Founder

Post by Ben » April 20th, 2006, 5:24 pm

Riiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiight... :)

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Ratatouille!!!

Post by chernabog » May 25th, 2006, 4:32 pm

So what does everyone think of this new trailer? Personally I adored it. I was laughing at the gags despite not having a clue what the characters were saying and the animation is amazing once again. Not quite as impressive as Meet The Robinsons but very good regardless.

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

i agree

Post by bawpcwpn » May 25th, 2006, 4:54 pm

It was sooo very cool. I was soo excited! Can't wait for it to appear on June 09 on Apple with its own teaser site and in 1080 HD...and in english.

I had to try and imagine Brad Garretts voice for the chef. I have a funny feeling that the chef is not tall but short and fat. And i really want to know who is playing the voices in Ratatouille. So very exciting! Doesn't Paris look lovely in CG like that.

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by chernabog » May 25th, 2006, 5:00 pm

Yeah Paris looks great. It had a very warm, cosy feel. It's a shame it doesn't have a Winter release so you could feel all snug watching it... Or is that just me? Also, the camerawork was very impressive and in some of the recent podcasts I was listenig to, Andrew Stanton said that was something they were working on for their future films. It looks like they've done a fantastic job.

Also it really reminded me of The Little Mermaid when the chef is chasing Sebastian. I wouldn't be surprised if it was maybe influenced by that.

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by Meg » May 25th, 2006, 5:02 pm

URRGGGAAAHHH!!!!!!!!

I want to watch this SOOO badly but I promised myself I'd wait until June 9th so I could see it for the first time on the big screen. I did watch the first few seconds - but stopped when the guy started to point out the cheese.

So...if everyone could like, not post any images on the forum of this until June 9th, I'd be very grateful. ;)

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by bawpcwpn » May 25th, 2006, 5:04 pm

Yeah, the Camera shots are pretty impressive. I can expect we can see a lot of those in Cars too.

It will be released in Winter in Australia. So we get to feel snug. I like the whole freeze frame thing where he discusses it.

Character design wise its very simple. I mean a blue rat and an orange rat so far. Compared to very technical shaders on the cars in Cars and the colourful designs on the fish and the multiple legs and eyes in Monsters Inc.
I wonder how Brad and Bob are doing with it.
"But I'm your No. 1 Fan!"
- Buddy a.k.a Syndrome

AV Team
AV Team

Post by Dacey » May 25th, 2006, 5:09 pm

Hmmmm. I'm gonna wait till I can watch it in English. ;)

EDIT: This is post #1000 for me here! :D

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by chernabog » May 25th, 2006, 5:10 pm

That's very commendable Meg, I was gonna wait to see it on the big screen as well... That lasted about 5 seconds. Though to be fair it's not out here until July 28th anyway, so I would have had to wait aaaages.

I think the best characters are the most simple, so I'm glad the way Ratatouille is designed. I was a bit worried about how the characters would look as rats can be kind of ugly and generic and Disney and Pixar always create really iconic and recognisable characters. But my fears have been laid to rest after that trailer.

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by bawpcwpn » May 25th, 2006, 5:12 pm

I think we can all agree on that can't we? Well put Chernabog.
"But I'm your No. 1 Fan!"
- Buddy a.k.a Syndrome

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by Meg » May 25th, 2006, 5:45 pm

Orange rat?..Weird. Somehow I knew that but I haven't even seen the trailer or read that anywhere...

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by Kinoo » May 25th, 2006, 5:56 pm

Had the luck to see it on the big screen at the CARS premiere, and this one is the canadian version of the teaser. Anyway, the buzz is going incredibly well already on the film, I bet it will be one of the greatest Pixar's box office next year. Everybody who saw the teaser loved it!
[url=http://www.pixar-room.com][img]http://pixarroom.free.fr/PIXAR%20PICS/mai2007/R.jpg[/img][/url]
http://www.inbedwithkinoo.canalblog.com

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by chernabog » May 25th, 2006, 5:59 pm

Well just checking some of the forums you can see that people are a lot more positive about this than when they first saw Cars. How was Cars btw?