Ratatouille

Features, Shorts, Live-Action and Direct-To-Video
AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by Daniel » January 10th, 2007, 8:20 pm

I miss my Disney store to. :(

I can't go to Jim's site either, Meg. It says "database error" I wonder what's up? :?

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by ShyViolet » January 10th, 2007, 8:49 pm

ShyViolet - Those are really cool books! I especially love the What's Cooking? cook book that features -- who else? -- Remy as the chef. Very charming. I'm gonna have to start shelling out my money this year....

Thank you for the link, ShyVi! (May I call you that?)
Mitch: No prob! I knew you'd like it. :wink: And those drawings are adorable, very artistic, and I"m pretty sure they're drawn by real Pixar people, (see, they could do great 2d if they wanted to!) I'll probably get one when it comes out, just for collection sake.

Sure, you can call me ShyVi! :) I used to be called that here sometimes, and then it just became "Vi." But either one is good. Or ShyViolet, or Violet. Whatever suits you. :wink:

Yeah, PM me! I"d love to see your Nemo doll. :wink: I'll save it on my desktop. :) Thanks. :wink:
Awww...that's too bad. There is still a Disney store in our local mall, but it was completely redecorated many years back -- it used to look alot more "hip" and cool before they "revised" it.
Yeah, didn't they merge with "The Children's Place" or something?

I miss the Disney store too! :( You think maybe Iger & Co. could bring it back?? I'd rather have that than new rides at DisneyWorld, I never get to go there anyway. :?

Daniel and Meg: I get the same problem too with Jim's site. It must be down or malfunctioning or something. Don't worry, I"m sure he'll fix it soon.
You can’t just have your characters announce how they feel! That makes me feel angry!

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by Daniel » January 10th, 2007, 9:09 pm

ShyViolet wrote:I miss the Disney store too! :( You think maybe Iger & Co. could bring it back?? I'd rather have that than new rides at DisneyWorld, I never get to go there anyway. :?
Haha, it seems were all Disney store-less. :P

Oh, I would love that!

Neither do I. :(
ShyViolet wrote:Daniel and Meg: I get the same problem too with Jim's site. It must be down or malfunctioning or something. Don't worry, I"m sure he'll fix it soon.
Someones copying, Mitch ;)

Cool, good were not alone.

Yeah, I'm sure he's trying everything. Its probably an upgrade, or downtime.

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by Mitch » January 10th, 2007, 10:48 pm

Meg and Danny - I know, they should definitely bring it back. Nothing's fair anymore in the Disney world. :P

And yeah -- I can't access Mr. Hill's site, either. It must be malfunctioning, as ShyVi said.

Danny - Hehe -- nah, that's fine. I think it's kinda cool that everyone is using my "quote system". Actually, it's kind of a trend that I started on Pixar Planet, and it got so popular that everyone started using it. Now I'm spreading it over here.... :P :D

ShyVi -

1. Haha -- yeah, you're probably right! With the exception of the second cookbook, they sure do look like Pixar-style drawings. Maybe one of these days they'll do a 2-D film? That would be awesome!

2. Oh cool -- thank you! "ShyVi" is now your new...umm...nickname. ;)

3. Will do! I shall PM you those pictures as soon as possible.

4. "The Children's Place"? Mmm...I don't think so. And if they did, I wouldn't have known about it. Come to think of it, I saw a Disney store in another mall that had the same style as the one in our mall used to have. Maybe they just relocated a few of them or got rid of the style altogether in some of the Disney stores? :?
"Welcome to hell." - Skinner

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by Daniel » January 10th, 2007, 11:47 pm

Mitch - nope, nothings fair in todays Disney world. :(

I see, so you started it all? Hehe, how cool! What made you start doing it? Didn't like quoting? Lazy? ;)

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by Mitch » January 11th, 2007, 11:24 am

I think we're getting a little off-topic here, but to answer your question, Danny:

Well, I absolutely hate quoting people; it takes up too much space and makes one's post rather difficult to read at times. So, I decided to just resort to responding to people's posts by mentioning/typing out their name before I replied to their posts. Surprisingly, people liked the technique, and the rest is history. ;) :D

Update: If you go to the Jim Hill Media site -- by clicking on the link that ShyVi provided above, you'll notice that a note has been added. To quote the note, it says:

"Hi Folks,

We are experiencing some technical difficulties this morning, but hope to have the site back up and running in a few hours.

Thank you for your patience,

-JHM Team

Apparently, we'll just have to wait to view those new Ratatouille book picutres/covers until Jim gets the site up and running again. I hope he fixes it soon. :(

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by Daniel » January 11th, 2007, 3:15 pm

Mitch - off-topic? Hehe, its kinda hard to avoid that here. ;)

But, yeah.....

That's cool! Thanks for shedding light on the subject of your 'quoting'. :) :P

On topic, aww his site still acting up? Haha, now we all miss him, what are the odds? :roll: :P

EDIT: - Jim's site is up and running again!

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by Mitch » January 11th, 2007, 4:51 pm

Danny - Haha -- yeah, I've noticed. :P

No problem (concerning the "quoting" story)! And yay -- Jim's site is up again! Did you look at the Ratatouille pictures yet? ;)

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by Daniel » January 11th, 2007, 5:56 pm

Mitch - yeah, you caught on quick!

Thanks. :)

Yes I did! Their so cute! :P

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by Meg » January 11th, 2007, 6:26 pm

I agree, they look great! Love the style! I wonder why the rats have lighter bellies though - they don't look like they do in the movie.

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by ShyViolet » January 11th, 2007, 10:08 pm

2. Oh cool -- thank you! "ShyVi" is now your new...umm...nickname

Awesome. I feel honored! :wink: :)
You can’t just have your characters announce how they feel! That makes me feel angry!

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by Mitch » January 12th, 2007, 12:36 am

Danny - No problem, sequel man. ;)

Meg - I suspect the lighter belly color is to give the characters a little more "flair and taste" in their appearance. Dark against light looks good on animated characters.

ShyVi - Heheh -- you're welcome! Take a bow. ;)

AV Founder
AV Founder

Post by Ben » January 12th, 2007, 11:56 am

Mitch wrote:Ben - Really? I didn't know that Basil Rathbone was the narrator. Makes perfect sense though, after reading your explaination. Thanks for the information. :)
Always happy to oblige! :)

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by Mitch » January 12th, 2007, 12:04 pm

Ben - Heheh. Always happy to be obliged. :D

Update - Well, Arthur and the Invisibles has just opened today -- but alas!.....no Ratatouille trailer. Looks like you were right again, Ben. On the plus side, the film itself got 'B' ratings from theater go-ers. I'm surprised....

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by ShyViolet » January 13th, 2007, 4:27 am

Hey it's John Lassetter's 50th B-day!! Happy birthday, JL! :)

http://www.animationnation.com/ubb/ulti ... 1;t=012010

Also, the first poster has a link to his blog, with a video of Miyazaki visiting Pixar! It's VERY cool. :)

http://frederatorblogs.com/post/3142