Ratatouille

Features, Shorts, Live-Action and Direct-To-Video
AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by animated_guy » June 2nd, 2006, 11:07 pm

SHEEESH!! i cant take it anymore!!! this sounds so good!!! i havent seen ANYTHING for this movie!! i am going to die!! ok well not really but i am so excited to finnaly be able to see this on the big screen.
[img]http://i39.photobucket.com/albums/e167/gerardo7412/800px-Ratatouille_Trailer.jpg[/img]

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

seen it

Post by bawpcwpn » June 7th, 2006, 5:29 am

I was at a preview screening of Cars on June 04(Aust/June 03 US) and saw the teaser in english.

Could not tell who was playing any of the characters. Not even Brad Garrett. But it was funny and I loved it! I could have clapped my heart out, but I didn't clap because no-one else was or would have. Not that kind of audience.

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by ShyViolet » June 7th, 2006, 10:43 am

But the Pixar double-act strikes again! Wink
That kinda confirms some people's assertion that Incredibles really was quite different than the vast majority of Pixar films.

I just hope that "Uptight Guy and Free Spirit" aren't ALL that Pixar has up its 7 billion dollar sleeve....

:roll:
You can’t just have your characters announce how they feel! That makes me feel angry!

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by Meg » June 7th, 2006, 11:53 am

I like how the Pixar formula is always different whenever someone mentions it.

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by Kaszubas » June 9th, 2006, 4:42 am

Hello! "Cars" opens today so... we have crisp and english dubbed Ratatuille HD (!!!) teaser on Apple website :)
Colors are much less saturated (Rats aren't so obviously blue and orange any more) and its look is not so warm as in that leaked french version but the ammount of detail is fantastic in HD :) Enjoy!

http://www.apple.com/trailers/disney/ratatouille/

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by Meg » June 9th, 2006, 8:09 am

Must not click link. Must not click link. Must not click link.

*slaps self* Come one, Meg, you've only got a few more hours!

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Ratatouille trailer in English!!!

Post by Russell_Reyes » June 9th, 2006, 8:47 am

www.apple.com/trailers/disney/ratatouille/

I personally feel that the French actor had a better accent(after all, this is in France), plus his voice is more squeaky and unique, but hey, that's just me...

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by Brandon Neeld » June 9th, 2006, 10:58 am

LMAO - I'm doing it too Meg!
"We're Dead! We're Dead! We Survived but We're Dead!!!" -Dash- "The Incredibles"

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by Kaszubas » June 9th, 2006, 11:18 am

(Little red devil on your shoulder whispering to your ear: "oh! do not hesitate ;) Don't be so stubborn... It's just one little click and then... pleasure as big as a gorgeous 1080p HD version could be :) Very cinematic experience!")

:D
Last edited by Kaszubas on June 9th, 2006, 12:49 pm, edited 1 time in total.

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by Kaszubas » June 9th, 2006, 11:34 am

As someone somewhere pointed out the voice of waiter seems to be suspiciously similiar to Edna's Mode voice ;) Brad Bird making voice work again ? :D Nice!

But I must admit that french dubbing suits somehow better to overall atmosphere of that teaser - adds some special flavour. (Strangely enough I felt the same watching The Incrdibles with french dubbing... hmmm...)

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by Meg » June 9th, 2006, 11:41 am

Man - I would be so tempted if I wasn't using a school computer!

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member
Location: I'd rather be way out there beyond this hidden town, Barnaby.

Post by PixarVixen » June 9th, 2006, 12:00 pm

I promised myself I wouldn't watch the Ratatouille trailer until I see Cars again. They didn't show it at the World Premiere which was a real bummer. I'll be going to see Cars this afternoon, so I hope to see it there this time. If not, I guess I'll have to settle for the one online.

And I'll have to make sure I listen for Brad Bird, if he IS in the trailer. ^__~

~~=oP
[img]http://i539.photobucket.com/albums/ff356/PixarVixen/sigs/SyndromeOlympictoss.jpg[/img]
[b]I ♥ Tony Rydinger[/b]
[size=75]avatar by Robert Iza[/size]

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by ShyViolet » June 9th, 2006, 12:22 pm

But the Pixar double-act strikes again! Wink

Don't forget the hopeful googly eyes.... :wink:

Anyway, even so I'm still really stoked about Cars.

Can't believe today's the day.... :wink:
You can’t just have your characters announce how they feel! That makes me feel angry!

AV Founder
AV Founder

Post by Ben » June 9th, 2006, 12:56 pm

I didn't notice any muted colors - looks pretty identical to the French picture version.

Yep, that's Brad Bird as the waiter, not sounding too terribly impressive with his French accent (I suspect that this is a temp track). The character voices are good, but the scripting isn't great, great, great and the formulas are in place again (the "smart" buddy-buddy thing, the talking to friends in the audience).

For all those gripes people made about the "Disney formula" (princesses and songs), it does seem that animation is becoming very, very, samey again.

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by Meg » June 9th, 2006, 2:36 pm

Don't forget the hopeful googly eyes....
You gotta problem with big googly eyes?