X-men

Features, Shorts, Live-Action and Direct-To-Video
AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by ShyViolet » June 2nd, 2007, 6:19 pm

X-Men 4 rumors:

Executive producer Avi Arad stated in an interview that Marvel would take its time to decide what to do with future X-Men films, but is focusing on the spin-offs.[33] A Wolverine spin-off[34] and a Magneto spin-off[35] have been announced and are in the scripting stages. Other possible movies based on the characters of Mystique and Emma Frost are also being developed. Three Kings director David O. Russell was contacted about creating a story for the former. Hutch Parker, 20th Century Fox's production president, mentioned a possible film based on the school's students.[36]

In an early November 2006 interview, Bryan Singer, the director who started the franchise, confirmed that two more direct sequels are in development, and though he had been approached to direct one or both of the films, he would not be able to do so until after completing production on a sequel to Superman Returns.[37] Singer also confirmed production on the Wolverine spin-off, expressing interest in directing the film. Actor Hugh Jackman confirmed that Singer was also the first choice to direct, barring any major scheduling conflicts with the Superman sequel.[38] It appears following the trilogy Marvel may want to reclaim the rights to make the films their own, as with the Iron Man film.[39]

Halle Berry at the 2007 People's Choice Awards ceremony, in her acceptance speech for her "Favorite Female Action Star" award, urged X-Men fans to write Rothman to ask for a fourth X-Men movie, saying if such came to pass, "I’ll be there" as Storm.[40]

(If it's true) this seems to support the notion that Singer will indeed come back for Superman Returns.
You can’t just have your characters announce how they feel! That makes me feel angry!

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by ShyViolet » July 9th, 2007, 1:49 pm

"Wow" wow.

An amazing film. It's still processing through my brain. WTC opens here next week, but my vote for Best Picture next year is already in. "United 93" is an awesome piece of work on many levels, not least that I found it to be a very well balanced film.

There are scenes that, even if they were not based on truth, would still take your breath away. That they are based on true events just hits home harder and Greengrass does a superb job of putting you right on that plane. I certianly felt uncomfortable "being there", and that the other three planes had struck their targets beforehand means that the entire events of that morning can be conveyed without laboring over the already well-worn footage that we all saw. Also, unlike The Perfect Storm, we know what occured due to the telephone accounts the passegners were able to get out. It's all handled exceptionally well, and at the expense of sounding glib, the way events transpired makes strong "storytelling".

"Enjoy" is totally the wrong word to describe it, but the tension that racks up has you glued to it. It's very sensitively handled without ever going overboard or putting in superficial "Hollywood touches" but presents a mainstream movie experience that among other things is expertly made.

Shocking, but in an extremely "positive" way. I think it just came out on DVD in the States, so it's a very highly recommended release.

I finally saw this film. So incredible....I just don't know how to express my feelings about it. It brought back so much of the horror of September 11 but in a way it felt purging to watch it. You mourn for those people all over again. You CAN'T forget it once you've seen it.

I still want to see World Trade Center, but I really think this is the better film.

I very much enjoyed The Departed, but it did not deserve the Oscar over this. :?
You can’t just have your characters announce how they feel! That makes me feel angry!

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by ShyViolet » August 7th, 2008, 3:36 pm

First pictures from Wolverine movie:

http://www.rottentomatoes.com/m/wolveri ... ed_picture

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by Meg » August 7th, 2008, 3:41 pm

Man, he is one angry dude.

AV Team
AV Team

Post by Dacey » August 8th, 2008, 10:00 am

I wish that they'd cut the stupid "X-Men Origins" from the title.
"Yesterday is history, tomorrow is a mystery, but today is a gift--that is why it's called the present."

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by EricJ » August 8th, 2008, 3:45 pm

Wendy's Jane wrote:I wish that they'd cut the stupid "X-Men Origins" from the title.
Well, that's just it: It IS an origin backstory, (or, at least, the movie-canon version), and Fox's hope at a "brandname" franchise series once they start work on the Magneto spinoff.
Yes, also an excuse to clean up and recycle all those abandoned character concepts from the other three movies, like the Blob and Gambit, but enough for plausible denial.

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by eddievalient » August 10th, 2008, 12:00 am

I like the"Origins" title. Thing is, though, if you're a fan of the comics, you already know his true origin and I doubt the movie will include any of it aside from maybe a perfunctory nod in that direction. Ah well. It'll be a cool movie anyway 'cause the Weapon X story is good too (assuming that's what they're focusing on).
The Official Lugofilm Ltd Youtube Channel: http://www.youtube.com/user/bartsimpson83

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by ShyViolet » October 13th, 2008, 12:20 am

Details on Gambit in the Origins film:

http://www.comicmix.com/news/2008/10/10 ... wolverine/