Popeye the Sailor Man

Features, Shorts, Live-Action and Direct-To-Video
AV Founder
AV Founder

Post by Ben » June 20th, 2008, 3:34 pm

Oh, another exchange? Glad I didn't get mine yet.

D'ya think they'll catch these in sets shipping from Amazon in a few weeks? I might hold off for V3 and buy them together in the hope the discs will have been fixed.

Really, we should have a list of these faulty disc things, so that people can keep up.

Plus it's hard for us international customers to swap the discs, so a head's up would be cool.

I tried to start a list here somewhere, but it didn't get far. Anyone know of a reliable web resource that keep tabs on manufacturing faults, the fix status and how to swap 'em?

:)

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by Daniel » June 23rd, 2008, 1:51 pm

Ben wrote:D'ya think they'll catch these in sets shipping from Amazon in a few weeks?
I doubt it. Even if you wait a few months to coincide with V3, I don't see it happening, unfortunately. :( I say there's a chance, but it probably won't happen for a couple of years; look how long it took for the interlace problems of Looney V2 to be fixed, ditto Tom & Jerry. I'll keep a look out though and see if any UK'ers attempt this and let you know of the outcome.

BTW, here's a pic of the 'incorrect' title for "Hello How Am I?":

Bad, no? It looks very cheap in comparison to the regular ship title. :?

AV Founder
AV Founder

Post by Ben » June 24th, 2008, 7:57 am

Sounds like I'll order and phone the number. Anyone got that to hand?

This is how I replaced my Looney Tunes and Superman discs too, so it works and at least they're good about offering the replacements. :)

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by Daniel » June 24th, 2008, 1:44 pm

Here you go: 1-800-553-6937

AV Founder
AV Founder

Post by Ben » June 24th, 2008, 6:32 pm

Thanks Dan!!

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by Daniel » August 15th, 2008, 4:26 pm

Popeye & Friends - Volume 2 cancelled! It's a shame in a way, but on the other hand, good riddance. I won't miss it.

AV Founder
AV Founder

Post by Randall » August 16th, 2008, 12:39 am

Either sales of Vol. 1 were too low, or Warner is planning to do a season set for Popeye and Son instead. Probably the the first thing I said, though.

AV Founder
AV Founder

Post by Ben » August 16th, 2008, 11:36 am

Really, I think they know they're sales are done when the Fleischers dry up. I'm in for them and a few of whatever comes next in the same set, but I won't go for a purely non-Fleischer collection unless it comes with an absolute <I>killer</I> bonus feature.

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by EricJ » August 16th, 2008, 2:41 pm

Randall wrote:Either sales of Vol. 1 were too low, or Warner is planning to do a season set for Popeye and Son instead. Probably the the first thing I said, though.
Warner's learned not to say "Low sales" in public, as it incenses the collectors (brandishes his "Free Huck!" bat), but let's face it--
Were YOU going to buy the 70's Saturday morning version?... :roll:

GeorgeC

Slight Popeye Vol. 3 delay

Post by GeorgeC » September 3rd, 2008, 11:22 pm

http://news.toonzone.net/article.php?ID=25784

Popeye Vol. 3 got pushed back to November 4th...

(This is the second part of the wartime theatrical cartoon releases and has nothing to do with the later, inferior TV adaptations.)

My guess is that WB got swamped with work for the coming 4th quarter -- the busiest time for home video in the year(!) -- and that the restoration effort for the cartoons is taking more time than anticipated.

Who knows?

At least the set is still on the schedule.

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by Daniel » September 5th, 2008, 7:30 pm

A bummer about the delay on Vol. 3, apparently Warner is fixing some of the openings. So in a way, similar to what's going on with Vol. 2 -- which I haven't received the corrected disc for yet. I see this as good news though, instead of releasing it with mistakes or what have of you, they're taking extra time ensuring it does get released correctly. And no disc exchange, yay! :)

AV Founder
AV Founder

Post by Ben » September 7th, 2008, 8:08 pm

Yay!

Still need to check mine, actually... :)

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by Daniel » September 9th, 2008, 2:46 pm

Last I heard, Warner hasn't made the corrected disc available yet in any way.

AV Founder
AV Founder

Post by Ben » September 9th, 2008, 6:15 pm

Ahh, got'cha Dan, thanks.

Still need to check mine though, just to get the call through. Sounds like it's a sure bet that I'll need to phone though!

michaelbraganza63

RE

Post by michaelbraganza63 » October 11th, 2008, 5:28 am

Here’re some of my favorite cartoons in the upcoming Popeye Vol.2 - and in no ... period – some of them forthcoming in Vol.3 (due out later this year)

Packers Movers
Packers and Movers
Packers and Movers Bangalore
Packers and Movers Noida