Coraline

Features, Shorts, Live-Action and Direct-To-Video
AV Founder
AV Founder

Post by Randall » February 11th, 2009, 9:26 am

Sully, they were the first ones--- RealD.

Darn, I still need to see Stardust and Mirrormask.

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by Whippet Angel » February 17th, 2009, 1:13 am

I finally saw this, and I really enjoyed it! The film may not have been as creepy as the book, but it certainly earned its PG rating.

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by Foxtale » February 17th, 2009, 8:34 pm

I just got to see it last Friday in 3d. It was really awesome! Is it just me or does everyone's eyes hurt after seeing a RealD movie?

I want to go see the movie again... but in 2d ^.~
[img]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v188/Foxtale/almostthere_signature_smaller.jpg[/img]

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by Bill1978 » February 20th, 2009, 10:32 pm

I can't wait for this to open in my country. The trailer has me really intirigued and I listened to the snippets of the score on iTunes and it sounds wonderfully spooky. I hope I haven't set high hopes for myself and I end up disappointed.

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by parka » February 21st, 2009, 1:53 am

Definitely going to buy the DVD. hope they include tons of behind-the-scenes videos

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by surfnspy » February 24th, 2009, 12:03 pm

Are people noticing that this is turning into a sleeper hit?

It made 11.4 this past weekend. Not so much you say. But look closely. Only down 22.7%. This despite LOSING 165 theaters. That's very rare these days. The screen average remains incredibly healthy at 5305K per screen. Cume is now 53.7 million. This may have enough gas to get to 100. Hopefully focus can hang onto the screens for another 3-4 weeks. (tho that they lost 165 with such a high screen average and only got it out at its widest on abuot 2300 screens is not promising.)

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by droosan » February 24th, 2009, 2:00 pm

Unfortunately, The Jonas Brothers 3D Concert Experience will likely 'bump' Coraline out of 3-D theaters completely this weekend.

So, if you want to see Coraline in 3D, do it within the next couple of days! :idea:

-----------------

With or without the 3D, however, Coraline is a beautiful film .. fun to look at, and with plenty to think about. It's 'sleeper' status is not surprising.

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by Meg » February 24th, 2009, 3:47 pm

I did notice the box office status of Coraline recently, yeah. Glad to see it's doing well, it's a beautiful film! :)

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by Daniel » February 24th, 2009, 7:39 pm

Hey Droo, you're correct! They've been airing commercials recently taunting "see it 3D this week before it goes away, your last chance". Along those lines, this is from memory. ;)

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by droosan » February 24th, 2009, 8:14 pm

I've just convinced five of my co-workers to come along with me and see Coraline (in 3D) after work this evening. None of them has yet seen it.

Doing my part to keep their box-office humming .. 8)

-------------

Update: Well, two of them enjoyed it, anyway .. but the other three thought it was "Very Boring." :shock:

All agreed that the art direction and the 'look-and-feel' of the film were top-notch.

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by Rodney » February 25th, 2009, 11:38 pm

I want to watch this badly, but I'm trying to be fiscally responsible right now by not going to theatres. :( Everyone I know that has seen it is raving though. This includes people who aren't really into animation as well. The film has been doing great at the IMDb charts as well (#185 in the Top 250 as of Feb. 25). This is a sleeper hit right now.

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by FanamI » May 7th, 2009, 4:13 pm

I loved this movie. It struck me as an instant classic. I think I have room for it in my top 5. Persoanlly I loved the color pallet, and the voice over work was second to none.

AV Founder
AV Founder

Post by Ben » May 7th, 2009, 4:49 pm

Opens this weekend in the UK, and we had previews last week, but I missed them and, to be honest, as much as I want to see this, I will now probably wait for the BD, which can only be a matter of days away from being announced.

I know there's the 3D option, but the closest theater is about 20 miles away and I refuse to pay $4 extra for a digital 3D print screening when they should still charge the same price as for a flat digital print. And 3D shouldn't make a movie. It should play well in both formats and not rely on the gimmick.

And from what I've seen and heard, Coraline will play just perfectly in my home theater on Blu-ray Disc.