Lady in the Water

Features, Shorts, Live-Action and Direct-To-Video
AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by ShyViolet » July 19th, 2006, 8:39 pm

WB will continue to have a fairly poor summer box office.

Yeah, with this AND the relative underperformance of Superman Returns ....that's gotta hurt.*winces*

(but I loved Supe :wink:)

Lady is now 10% on the RT boards.
You can’t just have your characters announce how they feel! That makes me feel angry!

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by fani » July 21st, 2006, 1:47 am

[quote="ShyViolet"] I also read recently that MNS's "middle name," "Night" was his own invention and not really his middle name. :roll:
(So.... what 's his first name?)
[/quote]

Manoj Neliaosomething Shyamalan.

I can see why he invented the "Night" thing. Must be hard when he on grade school.
*insert witty comment*

AV Founder
AV Founder

Post by Ben » July 21st, 2006, 7:19 am

Industry speculation is that "Lady In The Water" will be left all wet by another barnstorming weekend for "Pirates 2".

They're looking at a $20m opening for "Water" and for "Pirates" to stay above $30m in its third week.

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by Meg » July 21st, 2006, 8:32 am

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by ShyViolet » July 21st, 2006, 12:14 pm

Even though I still find the Sixth Sense a quite entertaining and even somewhat resonent film, I have to say one thing: M. Night doesn't know d*** about psychiatry. "Dr. Malcome Crowe" does so many unethical and inappropriate things as a "Doctor"...*SPOILER* if he wasn't a ghost he probably would have been slapped with a thousand malpractice suits. Someone should tell M. Night that a competent therapist does not (A) Stalk his patients and follow them around (B)Betray their confidence by telling his wife about them (C) Tell them that they can't treat them anymore because it's messing up his personal life.

And therapists don't get "awards" for helping patients either, (only for research.) For a much more accurate portrayal of psychotherapy, watch The Sopranos. :wink:

(yeah I know it's "only a movie" but was considered a drama as well as thriller, and was nominated for Best Picture. So I think it's fair to analyse it.)

Manoj Neliaosomething Shyamalan.
I think that's a cool name.
You can’t just have your characters announce how they feel! That makes me feel angry!

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by ShyViolet » July 28th, 2006, 10:52 pm

This may sound weird but...

Out of curiosity I did go to see this film and enjoyed it. There were many weaknesses, the plot made no sense and a lot of the dialouge and jokes were embarrassingly self-conscious.

But I loved the etheral, magical mood of it, I don't know why but I kinda got swept up in the film anyway. Giamatti's a great actor. He has one scene towards the end of the film that's just amazing.

AV Founder
AV Founder

Post by Ben » July 29th, 2006, 2:59 pm

Advice for anyone wanting to see a choice Giamatti performance - see "Sideways" :)

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by Brandon Neeld » July 30th, 2006, 1:18 am

I thought he was pretty good in Cinderella Man
"We're Dead! We're Dead! We Survived but We're Dead!!!" -Dash- "The Incredibles"

AV Team
AV Team

Post by Dacey » July 30th, 2006, 2:19 pm

Heck, the man's always good. He's even memorable with his small roll in "Robots".
"Yesterday is history, tomorrow is a mystery, but today is a gift--that is why it's called the present."

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by ShyViolet » August 4th, 2006, 7:49 pm

I think he's in Ant Bully too! :)

From day one, why else do you think John Williams was tapped as composer?

Actually for Harry #5 they've got a new composer lined up. Hmmm.....

http://www.aintitcool.com/display.cgi?id=24065

I don't blame John Williams for exiting...how many variations can you do on that theme anyway? :roll:

AV Team
AV Team

Post by Dacey » August 6th, 2006, 1:51 pm

Aye. He's in "Ant Bully". As the Exterminator character!

I find this odd because his "Sideways" co-star, Thomas Hayden Church, played one in "Over the Hedge".
"Yesterday is history, tomorrow is a mystery, but today is a gift--that is why it's called the present."