Ice Age

Features, Shorts, Live-Action and Direct-To-Video
AV Team
AV Team

Post by Dacey » April 15th, 2009, 3:54 pm

No, he hasn't. ;)

And that trailer is actually a pretty old one, Once.
"Yesterday is history, tomorrow is a mystery, but today is a gift--that is why it's called the present."

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by Daniel » April 15th, 2009, 4:03 pm

To be fair, Once is the first one to have posted it. I do wonder if she's in it for just that one part or if she'll keep reapearing throughout the film, much in the same vein as Scrat has.

Lou Rawls, just classic.

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by starlioness » April 15th, 2009, 4:03 pm

I love Scratte, I thought she was going to be Scrat with eyelashes.. but her foxy design is much appealing.. hehe.. nice to see Scrat care more about his nuts than a girl ;)...

though yeah, they maybe overreaching with the" lost world" feel. but kids love Dinos.. so :p..

wasn't there also a frozen alien spaceship in the first movie? ..*dramatic music* 8)

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by Once Upon A Dream » April 20th, 2009, 3:16 pm

I hope she"ll come back a few times and they"ll get together and have kids in the next sequel,I know but still like Daniel said,and wasn't posted yet here and I was the first to post it,and yeah Daniel,I wonder if she"ll keep come back like Scrat.
[img]http://i43.tinypic.com/bfqbtk.jpg[/img]

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by ribbedebie » May 14th, 2009, 3:09 pm

I definately wanna see this one - Scrat! Scrat's awesome. Heck, I even named one of my rats after him. Sadly the poor guy passed away some months ago. D:

Anyway, I think it's kinda weird that there are dino's suddenly. Hope it'll has much humor then. And good voice-acting.

AV Founder
AV Founder

Post by James » June 28th, 2009, 5:01 pm

American_dog_2008

Post by American_dog_2008 » June 29th, 2009, 3:53 am

I heard about a fourth Ice Age movie taking place in our time.

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by EricJ » June 29th, 2009, 4:28 am

And I'm largely being facetious in asking this, but still:
There are six major characters in all three movies of the series--Name ANY other character.

(If 90% of Ice Age fans can't...that says a lot more about the fans than about the movie. And that's just plain ol' scary: 0_0
When was the last time you heard Pixar fans say "Who cares about the old guy, I want 90 minutes of Dug in his own movie!"?)

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by Locall » June 30th, 2009, 4:41 pm

It's tanking at Rotten Tomatoes, yesterday it was somewhere in the 80percent Fresh-line
now it sunk to 41%, but it could all change.

Ice Age 78%
Ice Age The Meltdown 57%
Ice Age Dawn of the Dinosaurs 41%

Ouch!

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by EricJ » July 1st, 2009, 1:19 am

Once Upon A Dream wrote:Scrat found his one true love?:
Dug: "I thought it was a very funny trailer, because a squirrel did not get his nut and fell off a cliff!" :D

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by eddievalient » July 1st, 2009, 10:12 am

Good review. I liked the first Ice Age but never saw the second. The third one looks like fun, so I'll probably catch it on dvd (and see The Meltdown in the meantime).
The Official Lugofilm Ltd Youtube Channel: http://www.youtube.com/user/bartsimpson83

American_dog_2008

Post by American_dog_2008 » July 1st, 2009, 12:04 pm

Yay, the DVD is going to be released on my birthday in December!

AV Team
AV Team

Post by Dacey » July 2nd, 2009, 10:54 am

Okay. Walking in, I knew that they made this movie mainly as a commercial effort. Once I accepted that, I was able to be greatly entertained.

The action and adventure scenes were *really* cool, and there were surprisingly a good number of them. The storyline, once it got going, was well-paced, and the characters seemed pretty natural.

I also thought that Buck was VERY funny. Simon Pegg did a great job.

Overall, I probably enjoyed it more than "Ice Age: The Meltdown," but the emotional depth of the first "Ice Age" isn't really here. That's not a complaint so much as an observation, but the original is still easily the best of the three. Having said that, "Dawn of the Dinosaurs" is a ton of fun if you're willing to accept it for what it is.
"Yesterday is history, tomorrow is a mystery, but today is a gift--that is why it's called the present."

American_dog_2008

Post by American_dog_2008 » July 3rd, 2009, 8:52 pm

Just saw it today, the Ice Age movies are getting better and funnier!

AV Team
AV Team

Re: Ice Age

Post by Dacey » November 19th, 2015, 1:32 pm

Pretty sure the so-called "short" that's playing in front of Charlie Brown is really just the opening of Ice Age 5. It seems to set up the "Collision Course" aspect of the title, so why not just be upfront about it being a trailer?

EDIT: My older posts in this topic. Oh my God. I cringe so much when I read through some of these...