Ice Age

Features, Shorts, Live-Action and Direct-To-Video
AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by ShyViolet » April 1st, 2006, 10:11 pm

I haven't seen Ice Age 2 but it looks kinda cute. I wouldn't trust AICN's opinions, that person probably didn't even see the movie. :roll:

I'll definetely see the Simpsons movie. Although I haven't watched the show in a VERY long time. I think they hit their peak in 1999, and since then things have....dragged. :roll: :P
You can’t just have your characters announce how they feel! That makes me feel angry!

AV Founder
AV Founder

Post by James » April 1st, 2006, 10:22 pm

Saw Ice Age 2 yesterday and it had the Simpsons trailer.

AV Founder
AV Founder

Post by James » April 1st, 2006, 10:23 pm

changed thread title

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by ShyViolet » April 1st, 2006, 11:15 pm

From AICN:
But that’s why Pixar is Pixar and Fox is Fox. Apparently Fox Animation has no such scruples, no champions of genius within their ranks to fight for the development of a real film. Instead, someone said ‘Cash In’ and they immediately tracked down the janitor to get their wastebaskets back to mine them for ideas. Because that’s all this is folks.
Oh please..... :roll: Not very nice at all! :?

I've seen brief clips of this film and it looks quite different from the 1st film. This is really mean...
You can’t just have your characters announce how they feel! That makes me feel angry!

AV Founder
AV Founder

Post by James » April 1st, 2006, 11:29 pm

Not too far off the mark. It wasn't all bad, but it definitely wasn't a story screaming to be made. I'll write more on my thoughts of the film later.

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by Meg » April 2nd, 2006, 8:42 am

I almost saw this last night with my Girl Scout troop...Everyone wanted to see it except my troop leader, who thought it would be a better idea to see "Failure to Launch".

That movie made my eyes bleed.

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by chernabog » April 2nd, 2006, 8:48 am

I saw a preview yesterday and (screaming kids aside) I thought it was rather good. The animation was fantastic and there were some really nice visual gags. The big letdown was the lack of direction. It seemed like a series of set pieces strung together with no cohesive plot. Even the first one, despite it's lack of a real story, was able to move at a nice comfortable pace.

A major problem is that the characters have already been developed within the first film, so in the sequel there's really nothing you can do with them. The reason Toy Story 2 worked was because Woody and Buzz still had room for development and there were issues within the piece that weren't completely resolved in the first one. Also, a really horrible pop culture reference where the characters actually sing 'food glorious food' and simply change the lyrics was highly unnecessary.

It's unfortunate that Blue Sky have yet to make a film that will really wow audiences. Animation wise, they're easily second to Disney and Pixar and they really seem to GET how to make animation funny. They simply haven't got a handle on pace and storytelling. A 3 star film then, but could have been much better.

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by Meg » April 2nd, 2006, 10:30 am

That seems to be what most people think of it. I'll still see it but I'm not expecting anything huge.

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by Macaluso » April 2nd, 2006, 11:53 am

I'm probably going to see it today. I'm looking forward to the movie, as well as the simpsons teaser trailer. Even though there's barely anything in the trailer.

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by Meg » April 2nd, 2006, 2:12 pm

Yee, I've been mentioned on the front page! I can die happy.

AV Team
AV Team

Post by Dacey » April 3rd, 2006, 2:34 pm

The "Trailer" is a freaking 20 seconds long!!!
"Yesterday is history, tomorrow is a mystery, but today is a gift--that is why it's called the present."

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by Meg » April 3rd, 2006, 2:50 pm

I know! They played it on Fox last night and I was like "What? That's it?" Sure, I knew it was gonna be short, but...eesh.

Of course, it's still a year away - I wasn't expecting much...

AV Team
AV Team

Post by Dacey » April 3rd, 2006, 2:53 pm

Okay, you no longer have to pay money to watch it now:

http://www.apple.com/trailers/fox/thesi ... ie/teaser/
"Yesterday is history, tomorrow is a mystery, but today is a gift--that is why it's called the present."

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by Meg » April 3rd, 2006, 2:55 pm

I will say, it provides an interesting peak at what the animation will be like.

This movie is going to make so much money...

AV Team
AV Team

Post by Dacey » April 3rd, 2006, 2:56 pm

IF it can handle opening one week after "Harry Potter V".