Features, Shorts, Live-Action and Direct-To-Video
AV Founder
AV Founder

Post by Ben » January 26th, 2007, 8:08 am

Does he do it without dialogue? ;)

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by Mitch » January 26th, 2007, 7:03 pm

Wow -- that was very heartwarming and inspirational, ShyViolet. What an awesome and powerfully moving speech. I never knew how hard Mr. Jobs had it in the beginning; it's incredible to see how far he's come in all these years of hard working. "Stay Hungry. Stay Foolish." -- that just might become my new motto. :lol:

And the moral of this story is: That's right, kids. You too can become a multi-millionare by starting out in exchanging coke bottles for coins. ;)

Thanks for the link, Vi!

Ben - Pff -- ha! Good one. :lol:

As for WALL-E: I sincerely hope that it will be mostly -- if not entirely -- dialogue free. Pixar wouldn't do it if they didn't think they could do it, so I have complete faith in them if they decide to do the film without any dialogue. But we'll see.... The film is still very young.
"Welcome to hell." - Skinner

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by ShyViolet » January 26th, 2007, 10:43 pm

No prob Mitch! My pleasure. :wink:

He truly is a "self-made man". :)

:wink:
You can’t just have your characters announce how they feel! That makes me feel angry!

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by ShyViolet » January 26th, 2007, 11:55 pm

And the moral of this story is: That's right, kids. You too can become a multi-millionare by starting out in exchanging coke bottles for coins.

LOL!!!!!!! :lol: :lol:
You can’t just have your characters announce how they feel! That makes me feel angry!

AV Founder
AV Founder

Post by Ben » January 27th, 2007, 9:10 am

I was talking WALL-E up to someone this morning and the more I told them, the more excited I became.

I think this could be seriously cool. And apart from the films surrounding its release date, I have good hopes for Rataouille if it can withstand the competition.

Pixar certainly has an interesting slate and hopefully can overcome the Cars blip and make good on their $7b investment.

AV Team
AV Team

Post by Josh » January 27th, 2007, 5:02 pm

ShyViolet wrote:Not exactly on-topic but this is Steve Jobs' Stanford Commencment speech back in 2005; I actually found it very inpirational and deeply moving; I encourage you to watch it. :idea:
Thanks for posting that video, Vi! :) I had read Jobs' speech, but I had never actually seen him give it.
Mitch wrote:I sincerely hope that it will be mostly -- if not entirely -- dialogue free. Pixar wouldn't do it if they didn't think they could do it, so I have complete faith in them if they decide to do the film without any dialogue.
If Wall-E doesn't contain any dialogue, I wonder how - or if - John Ratzenberger will have a role in the film. Should the characters "speak" through beeps and such, perhaps his role will simply consist of making similar noises. Or maybe Ratzenberger will be a narrator.

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by Daniel » January 27th, 2007, 5:19 pm

Josh wrote:If Wall-E doesn't contain any dialogue, I wonder how - or if - John Ratzenberger will have a role in the film. Should the characters "speak" through beeps and such, perhaps his role will simply consist of making similar noises. Or maybe Ratzenberger will be a narrator.
Yes, we can't have a Pixar film without John. It simply isn't done!

Never you worry, Josh. They will find a role for him, I just know it! :)

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by Rio » January 27th, 2007, 6:06 pm

They should make a robot or alien look like John Ratzenberger.

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by Meg » January 27th, 2007, 8:53 pm

:shock:

That'd be weird.

AV Founder
AV Founder

Post by Ben » January 28th, 2007, 7:46 am

I'm sure the "bleeps" will be human-orientated for emotion. No reason JR couldn't be a "voice" in this.

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by ShyViolet » January 28th, 2007, 7:55 am

I'm sure the "bleeps" will be human-orientated for emotion
Oh, like R2-D2? "Low beep": sad

"High Squeaks"--excited, indignant

:wink:

AV Founder
AV Founder

Post by Ben » January 29th, 2007, 9:00 am

Aye.

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by JV IS TIZ!!! PIXAR » February 8th, 2007, 4:45 pm

Over at the Pixar Planet forums a poster named ROBONICS95 says this about WALL-E
:
ROBONICS95 wrote:I am listening to the Walt Disney Investor Conference with Ed and John currently discussing the future of Walt Disney Feature Animation and PIXAR.

Along with confirming that both WDFA and PIXAR will be doing CG aimation, WDFA will be bring traditional animation back.

They described Wall-E as a love story!

From what I remember, Wall-E is the last of a group of trash collecting robots??? sent down to clean planet earth.

During his time on earth, Eve (robot) visits to check on the progress and Wall-E falls madly in love.

While I am not doing the story justice, I just thought I would share.

Also, John just confirmed Toy Story 3 (with a special appearance by Buzz and Woody) stating that he has been wanting to make this film since 1999.

And PIXAR is extremely proud of Ratatouille!
ROBONICS95 wrote:Remember...this is me transcribing from streaming audio.

May not be exact, but I am just sharing what I heard.
http://www.pixarplanet.com/forums/viewt ... ght=#21395
[url=http://www.jvpixarnews.com]JV PIXAR NEWS[/url]

AV Founder
AV Founder

Post by Ben » February 8th, 2007, 4:57 pm

I'm going to start typing WALT DISNEY FEATURE ANIMATION in capitals I think.

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by ShyViolet » February 8th, 2007, 6:09 pm

And I'm going to write:

DREAMWORKS ANIMATION

:wink: :P