WALL-E

Features, Shorts, Live-Action and Direct-To-Video
AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by Zach » June 1st, 2007, 8:05 pm

Thanks for the pictures Kinoo. The movie looks promising to me.

AV Founder
AV Founder

Post by Ben » June 2nd, 2007, 9:41 am

That's okay b...I just couldn't see what the problem was!

JV...please take into account our page size - you do often post massive, page stretching images!

:)

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by bawpcwpn » June 16th, 2007, 12:00 am

Teaser is up at Apple Trailers!
"But I'm your No. 1 Fan!"
- Buddy a.k.a Syndrome

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by ShyViolet » June 16th, 2007, 1:32 am

Awesome trailer. :) Thanks, bawpcwpn. :wink:

How the HECK did they come up with that "robot voice"?? :shock:

:wink:
You can’t just have your characters announce how they feel! That makes me feel angry!

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by bawpcwpn » June 16th, 2007, 2:40 am

Ben Burtt. Sound designer from LucasFilm who moved to Pixar last year. He created the voice of Artoo and the schwing/schwang of the lightsabers as well as the speederbikes.

I don't know about you, (it's probably Pixar's reality distortion field in effect), but I just want to listen to that over and over again.
- Buddy a.k.a Syndrome

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by Jeroen » June 16th, 2007, 3:18 am

Liked it a lot, loved the look back at previous Pixar films.
The only thing that they should have changed was the song, the same song was already used in the bee movie trailers.
Last edited by Jeroen on June 16th, 2007, 3:39 am, edited 3 times in total.

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by ShyViolet » June 16th, 2007, 3:25 am

I don't know about you, (it's probably Pixar's reality distortion field in effect), but I just want to listen to that over and over again.
Nah, I felt the same way. :) :wink:
You can’t just have your characters announce how they feel! That makes me feel angry!

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by bawpcwpn » June 16th, 2007, 3:38 am

ShyViolet wrote:
Nah, I felt the same way. :) :wink:
Glad to know I am not alone. I'm wondering if Pixar specifically got in Ben Burtt to do WALL-E, knowing he would be the best person to do the sounds. And probably also because Gary Rydstrom has moved on from sound design at Pixar to directing they needed a replacement.
- Buddy a.k.a Syndrome

AV Founder
AV Founder

Post by Ben » June 16th, 2007, 8:46 am

Hmmm...

It seems to be just me, but the <I>constant</I> harking back to how great and nice and friendly all of Pixar was is more than starting to irritate. Yes, we know you guys rule. We know you made Toy Story. And Toy Story 2. And Bug's Life, Monsters and Nemo... That opening was all too self-congratulatory.

The <I>new</I>, Wall-E stuff ("Wally"?) was great...I still have big faith in this one. The voice seemed to be a general electronic voice filter...nothing special, and I thought it sounded pretty ugly.

The "song" as someone put it above, is from Michael Kamen's arrangement of "Brazil" for the Terry Gilliam film of the same name from 1985 and has been used in countless trailers. I didn't think it fit here either, especially the percussion, which is a million typywriters chunking away...that doesn't fit. I see where they're going with using that type of score and the feeling they want to evoke with those who get the audio joke, but it's clear Wall-E is going to be a hard sell film for them and they haven't got a handle on it yet.

This teaser didn't get me excited in any way (the few seconds of new footage were basically the stills we've already seen, come to life) but I am still more than optimistic that this is going to be a special film. If they stop the back-patting, overly cute reminders of <I>every</I> previous film they put out, and just set out to let the film "speak" for itself, possibly with the one line: "From the writer/director of Disney/Pixar's Finding Nemo".

That's all it needs.

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by JV IS TIZ!!! PIXAR » June 16th, 2007, 11:22 am

Here's some of the WALL-E cast list:

Willem Dafoe, Fred Willard, Rowan Atkinson, and Emma de Caunes.

http://jvpixarnews.blogspot.com/2007/06 ... -list.html
[url=http://www.jvpixarnews.com]JV PIXAR NEWS[/url]

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by Meg » June 16th, 2007, 3:17 pm

So...Is this going to have dialogue after all?

Shucks.

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by PatrickvD » June 16th, 2007, 3:22 pm

I don't recall ever being this intriguedby a Pixar teaser. They're usually very dull.

I for one was not bothered by the self-congratulatory intro. I thought it was pretty neat. Studios use this "from the creators of" all the time. This was kinda different. And outside of us animation fans and filmfans, regular people don't know the difference between all these studios, so with all the heavy competition, it's okay to remind your audience why your film will be better.

Because obviously, this will be the best animated film of next year. I doubt Kung Fu Panda or Madagascar 2 will really blow us away with originality.

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by Jafar » June 16th, 2007, 5:08 pm

Ben wrote:Hmmm...

It seems to be just me, but the <I>constant</I> harking back to how great and nice and friendly all of Pixar was is more than starting to irritate. Yes, we know you guys rule. We know you made Toy Story. And Toy Story 2. And Bug's Life, Monsters and Nemo... That opening was all too self-congratulatory.

This teaser didn't get me excited in any way
Exactly my thoughts, Ben....Can't agree more!!

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by ShyViolet » June 17th, 2007, 12:48 am

Ditto about the self-congratulatory tone, even though I actually liked the trailer. (well, everything after the "prologue" part :roll: :roll:)

The only thing I liked in that part was that early "intrigue"-type music. Was it from a movie or composed just for the trailer?

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by Daniel » June 17th, 2007, 1:59 am

I dunno, I somewhat agree about the self-congratulatory tone, but I thought it was done tastefully. How it echoed the lunch they had all those years, and how this is the like the last idea from said event, etc... They've done this in past, but I just thought of it as a tribute.

About the actual trailer, though, I thought it was cute! I really digged the whole look, espicially Wall-e! Speaking of which, I like how its pronounced, WA.... LL-E. :P