AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by Macaluso » April 16th, 2008, 10:37 pm

you sound like your offended by the entire premise O_o

a girl and a guy falling in love that's crazy talk

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by eddievalient » April 17th, 2008, 12:22 am

I think what he's getting at is the question of "why isn't anyone daring enough to take a chance on something less traditional?" Like, if Eve was a "male" robot, but everything else was the same, it likely wouldn't actually change much because they are robots and not what most people would think of as living creatures (take that as you will). Pixar has enough cred that they could probably get away with something like that if they wanted to, but they don't want to so they go for the tried-and-true boy meets girl storyline. There's nothing wrong with that, but just once it might be nice to see someone go out on a limb and try something different.
The Official Lugofilm Ltd Youtube Channel: http://www.youtube.com/user/bartsimpson83

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by Foxtale » April 17th, 2008, 12:25 am

Obviously this isn't about a guy or a girl, it's about a Mac (she even breathes like one when she sleeps) and a old custom built pc. ^.~

Thanks for posting the new trailer ^.^
[img]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v188/Foxtale/almostthere_signature_smaller.jpg[/img]

AV Founder
AV Founder

Post by Ben » April 17th, 2008, 1:41 pm

eddievalient wrote:Just once it might be nice to see someone go out on a limb and try something different.
As if the chances they're taking with WALL-E aren't enough for one film. Seriously, it takes time to break in an audience. Why did you think Pocahontas ended without the two leads getting together? Because they had a love-triangle and a potentially bigger deal coming up in Hunchback! They may well do some unique bonding between characters in future films, but WALL-E is taking enough risks and at this stage Pixar need a knock-out hit movie - they're not going to take any more chances than they need to.

Foxtale, I liked the Mac/PC thing. Nice! :)

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by Dusterian » April 17th, 2008, 2:00 pm

Thank you eddievalient, that's pretty much what I meant and I agree with your own views, if you were expressing your own opinion as well as mine! But actually I just didn't see the need for Pixar to give the robots genders at all. I think it would have been better for Pixar to leave that up to the audience. I think it would be romantic enough that they find something in common simply because they are robots.

But Ben also has a point, Pixar does need a hit and they are doing other risky things. Romance, and between a boy and a girl, sells. I am glad Pixar's trying to be somewhat daring, and I'm sure they'll become more so later.

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by Once Upon A Dream » April 17th, 2008, 4:37 pm

Thanks for that :D but... Eve seems kinda rude :?.
[img]http://i43.tinypic.com/bfqbtk.jpg[/img]

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by vveksuvarna » April 17th, 2008, 9:20 pm

i dont understand why people want a unexplained gender of the robots...

well pixars greatest strength is presenting in-animate objects as living brething people...why did flick had to be guy...why did sally had to be a female..

well because they need to develop the characters based on that...

the reactions, the expressions...the character design...everything depends on that...

without that...your movie can be made for the complex audience...but guess what...pixar wants everyone to enjoy the movie...including kids...

& not just high-thinking literary groups...

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by vveksuvarna » April 17th, 2008, 9:22 pm

Once Upon A Dream wrote:Thanks for that :D but... Eve seems kinda rude :?.

well maybe...but i think it is the way it just to make it more challenging for wall-e...

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by Once Upon A Dream » April 18th, 2008, 3:11 am

vveksuvarna wrote:
Once Upon A Dream wrote:Thanks for that :D but... Eve seems kinda rude :?.

well maybe...but i think it is the way it just to make it more challenging for wall-e...
Yeah,maybe it's better then love at first sight.
About the gender-people,it's robots.

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Pixar's Wall-E

Post by Dusterian » April 18th, 2008, 3:19 pm

vveksuvarna wrote:i dont understand why people want a unexplained gender of the robots...

well pixars greatest strength is presenting in-animate objects as living brething people...why did flick had to be guy...why did sally had to be a female..

well because they need to develop the characters based on that...

the reactions, the expressions...the character design...everything depends on that...

without that...your movie can be made for the complex audience...but guess what...pixar wants everyone to enjoy the movie...including kids...

& not just high-thinking literary groups...
Thank you for those last words. I've tried to discover a "higher taste" in things and maybe I'm getting somewhere.

Bugs are male and female. As for Cars, it would have been weird if they weren't male or female with so many and the way the story was. They were talking, they didn't use computerized voices, they kind of had to be gendered. But with robots, something we are still developing in real life, it's a chance to do something totally different.

I do know that in real life, company's do make non-human, non-animal products with genders. Sometimes they don't and leave it up to the buyer, and Pixar could have left it up to the audience, but whatever. It still feels like Pixar is falling to clichés, but Wall-E did learn his romance from an old movie. Pixar could have let the robots pick their own genders like they develop their own personalities, which would have said something about choosing who you want to be and who you can love, but I would probably still complain about a need for someone to be "the girl" or be "the man".

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by Foxtale » April 24th, 2008, 6:39 am

So who else saw the magnet commercial with wall-e yet?

*giggles*
[img]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v188/Foxtale/almostthere_signature_smaller.jpg[/img]

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Re: Pixar

Post by vveksuvarna » April 24th, 2008, 9:45 pm

Pixar could have let the robots pick their own genders like they develop their own personalities

well if u remm the theatrical trailer...it says...the last little robot has developed a personality...lets wait & watch...who knows, may be wall-e does start out like one of those thousands of robots who jus work, work & work...

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by Once Upon A Dream » April 26th, 2008, 6:03 am

I did XD it was funny XD.

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by Once Upon A Dream » April 26th, 2008, 3:21 pm

Do you think it will have outtakes? those weren't for a long time XDD.

AV Founder
AV Founder

Post by Ben » April 26th, 2008, 5:18 pm

No, I don't think so. I think they're going for a maturity here that would be spoiled with comedic outtakes.

I wouldn't be surprised if they came back for Toy Story 3 though! :)