WALL-E

Features, Shorts, Live-Action and Direct-To-Video
AV Founder
AV Founder

Post by James » November 11th, 2008, 8:35 pm

I don't think this listing is for the trailer you linked to but it might be a start:
http://www.soundtrack.net/trailers/?cid=W&mid=29575

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by Daniel » November 13th, 2008, 3:47 pm

As I was predicting, The 1-disc DVD edition comes in the same "eco-friendly" packaging as the 3-disc. Just so those who go that route know what to expect. In better news, the 2-disc Blu edition IS coming in a regular case, YAY! And the disc art is heaps better than the shoddy treatment the DVDs are receiving. Simply put, I agree with the poster who posted the pics here.

I know everyone might not care, but I do. Nothing great being offered as store exclusives, so I'll be holding off a bit. Here's hoping for sale soon!

AV Founder
AV Founder

Post by Ben » November 13th, 2008, 5:46 pm

How does the 3-disc BD come?

I think I'd go for the 2 BD, but shame it doesn't come with a slipcase...going to look odd among the slipcased "Elite packaging" of the other Pixars...

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by droosan » November 13th, 2008, 6:35 pm

"I HATE slipcases!!"

.. or, at least, the flimsy gloss-cardboard tubes that 'pass' for slipcases on most Disney discs.

Though, I tend to repackage most of my DVD's entirely .. so I guess it's a moot point, for me.

---------------------

:arrow: BTW, I'm not sure how long it will be 'online' .. but Cartoon Brew has just posted the complete BURN-E short ..

.. pretty fun stuff! :) Though (IMO), it feels more like a suite of 'deleted scenes' from WALL-E than a coherent short that stands on its own.

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by Daniel » November 13th, 2008, 6:39 pm

Ben wrote:How does the 3-disc BD come?
As in, how the discs are stored? I'm not sure, since pictures have yet to surface and I don't know how those thicker BD cases store the discs. However, the 3-disc BD does come with a slipcover. So, if you don't mind paying a little more for the Digital Copy, you could go for that one. :)

Actually, Amazon currently has it for the same price as the regular 2-disc BD. That's to pre-order though, but I would image the price staying the same. Thicker casing, but at least it would match.

AV Founder
AV Founder

Post by Ben » November 13th, 2008, 6:42 pm

I saw that the pricing was the same. Just wondered if the 3-disc came in cardboard "digipack" style or just a standard plastic keepcase with slipcover.

If it was card I would be tempted to go with the 2disc, but that has no slip!

Droo...I totally understand, and am in awe of your custom packaging, but if it comes with a decent slip, I like to have 'em! :)

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by JustinWilliams » November 14th, 2008, 2:09 pm

There are some fun Easter Eggs on the DVD. The first two are on disk one. You find them by doing the following:
On the Main Menu of Disk 1, select the B&L logo for a great GEEK FEST feature and details of hidden gems in the films plus their geeky inspiration.

On the same menu, see an alternative Title Sequence by slecting the 'W' above PLAY.

Both these are obtained by either pressing 'up' or 'up and left'.

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by Once Upon A Dream » November 16th, 2008, 6:21 am

I read a review of the DVD (I might buy it but not sure) anyway does anyone else don't like what they did for the humans? (How they turned them into those... green things?).
[img]http://i43.tinypic.com/bfqbtk.jpg[/img]

AV Founder
AV Founder

Post by Ben » November 16th, 2008, 8:08 am

Wha..wh..<I>what!</I>?

This is one of Pixar's best movies in one of their best two-disc sets. It's the must have animated feature of the year!

BTW, that's not an "alternate" title sequence in the Eggs, but director Stanton's original test for when he pitched the film to Lasseter and Jobs.

I've found it seems to be a "selective" option rather than being always active...I found it by accident and then couldn't get back to it for ages! Best way is to hover a mouse over the logos in order to catch them!

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by Once Upon A Dream » November 16th, 2008, 9:42 am

Not sure for some reasons (Espically that thing with the humans...,someone can explain that?).

AV Founder
AV Founder

Post by Ben » November 16th, 2008, 10:03 am

Well you'd better explain the "green" thing first...hence my "What?"

There are no "green humans" in WALL-E... :?

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by Once Upon A Dream » November 16th, 2008, 10:09 am

I"ll explain you-I just read the review in UltimateDisney and saw concept arts of the humans as green things,and they"re not even humans.
Here:
http://www.ultimatedisney.com/wall-e.html

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by Whippet Angel » November 16th, 2008, 2:49 pm

That was just concept art. Meaning it was an early design that didn't make it into the final film.

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by Once Upon A Dream » November 16th, 2008, 3:35 pm

The humans in the final film don't have anything to do with... those things? it's still creepy.
I know that it's from early version and it's deleted but still,it's... gross,making them too much overweight is alright but this is too far.

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by Daniel » November 16th, 2008, 7:46 pm

It seems the "eco-friendly" packaging for the DVDs is limited to 100,000, at least according to this article. That's actually pretty cool, though I'm happy the Blu isn't following suite.