WALL-E

Features, Shorts, Live-Action and Direct-To-Video
AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by ShyViolet » April 3rd, 2008, 11:41 pm

Hey, there's many (most?) STORES that still stock Disney and DreamWorks films under the tag "Disney Classics"! :P :?
You can’t just have your characters announce how they feel! That makes me feel angry!

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by Once Upon A Dream » April 4th, 2008, 6:05 am

Well,I don't exept them to know who Lasseter is or what CGI or Off-model are but I think it's dumb to think every animated film ever created is Disney,it's very silly :? also they keep calling it Walt Disney,Walt is dead from very long time :?.
Disney and Pixar are together but it's really Pixar.
They tag it under Disney Classics? this is dumb,and they"re stores,not some people on the street who think that Walt Disney is still alive.
[img]http://i43.tinypic.com/bfqbtk.jpg[/img]

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by Macaluso » April 4th, 2008, 8:38 am

Once Upon A Dream wrote:also they keep calling it Walt Disney,Walt is dead from very long time :?.
w-what?

DISNEY calls it Walt Disney

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by Once Upon A Dream » April 4th, 2008, 8:52 am

Macaluso wrote:
Once Upon A Dream wrote:also they keep calling it Walt Disney,Walt is dead from very long time :?.
w-what?

DISNEY calls it Walt Disney
Pictures :),anyway those people think that Walt is still alive :roll:.

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by Phil » April 4th, 2008, 9:12 am

Actually, I think that a lot of people nowadays don't even know that Walt Disney was a real person. Back when he was on television every week, of course everyone knew who he was. But now, "Walt Disney" is more of a corporate trademark, like General Motors. (I'm picturing a guy in uniform with medals on his chest. "Yes, sir, General Motors, sir!")

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by Meg » April 4th, 2008, 11:04 am

Actually, I think that a lot of people nowadays don't even know that Walt Disney was a real person.
This is unfortunately very true. Such a shame.
(I'm picturing a guy in uniform with medals on his chest. "Yes, sir, General Motors, sir!")
:)

AV Founder
AV Founder

Post by Ben » April 4th, 2008, 11:07 am

Actually, I still come across people that think "Walt Disney" is an old recluse who runs his magical studio much like Willy Wonka.

Not long ago I was talking to someone and they asked what I did. Aside from work, I said I helped run an animation website, to which they started going on about a really low-grade animated series (which I won't name here) that wasn't even a Disney product, and she remarked how much she liked all his stuff. "He does put out some great things, doesn't he?", she ended with. I just didn't have the heart to tell her what she was such a fan of wasn't actually any good and that "Walt Disney" died a long time ago. At the end of the day, she found something to enjoy.

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by Once Upon A Dream » April 4th, 2008, 11:26 am

Actually, I think that a lot of people nowadays don't even know that Walt Disney was a real person.
Wha... what? that's a shame :shock: now that's dumb people.
Ben wrote:Actually, I still come across people that think "Walt Disney" is an old recluse who runs his magical studio much like Willy Wonka.

Not long ago I was talking to someone and they asked what I did. Aside from work, I said I helped run an animation website, to which they started going on about a really low-grade animated series (which I won't name here) that wasn't even a Disney product, and she remarked how much she liked all his stuff. "He does put out some great things, doesn't he?", she ended with. I just didn't have the heart to tell her what she was such a fan of wasn't actually any good and that "Walt Disney" died a long time ago. At the end of the day, she found something to enjoy.
Yeah,exactly,they think of him as something like Willy Wonka.
It's very silly that they think any animated stuff is Disney :?.[/quote]

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by Foxtale » April 4th, 2008, 12:03 pm

Ben wrote:Actually, I still come across people that think "Walt Disney" is an old recluse who runs his magical studio much like Willy Wonka.

*hangs head and shakes it in disbelief*
Everyone's comments don't surprise me but they just make me sad. At times I want to just find a fish and slap people in the face with it correct them but that would just be too much. :roll: It goes to show what seems common sense to one person can be news to another. >.< Ugh silly people. Didn't anyone pay attention in 5th grade when you had to do a report on a famous person and at least someone did Walt Disney? :roll:
[img]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v188/Foxtale/almostthere_signature_smaller.jpg[/img]

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by Meg » April 4th, 2008, 2:28 pm

Meg wrote:Not knowing who Pixar is doesn't make you dumb. After all, not everyone is a huge animation fan!
Okay, I'm adding "cartoons not made by Disney" to that list.

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by eddievalient » April 4th, 2008, 11:20 pm

I think it's a bit sad that people do make that mistake in this day and age, but at the same time, I can see where they could (to play devil's advocate). If you didn't know better and saw something like Balto or Once Upon A Forest, you *could* mistake it for Disney. That doesn't excuse you from being a flake, though. Seriously, people should pay attention to who's actually producing the things they claim to be fans of. Read the credits. It's not that hard.
The Official Lugofilm Ltd Youtube Channel: http://www.youtube.com/user/bartsimpson83

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by CGIFanatic » April 16th, 2008, 4:56 pm

A new featurette is out today.

www.movieweb.com/news/63/28063.php

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by vveksuvarna » April 16th, 2008, 5:27 pm

does anyone know, if we can expect a BOLT trailer with wall-e ??

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by Macaluso » April 16th, 2008, 6:13 pm

Man I'm so excited for this movie. It looks amazing, and Wall-E/Eve are retardedly cute.

Also I really hope we get a teaser trailer for Up

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Pixar's Wall-E

Post by Dusterian » April 16th, 2008, 9:01 pm

Well, Eve was referred to as "she" and "her" all through the new featurette, and Wall-E a "he" and a "him". And he just falls in love with her sleek, rounded, "sexy" look while he's not sexy but get's the job done.

It's far into the future and it's still a world where those who fall in love must be a boy and a girl and girls are supposed to be attractive while the men just do their jobs. Huh.