Post by Once Upon A Dream » February 8th, 2008, 4:40 pm

They deleted it :(.
[img]http://i43.tinypic.com/bfqbtk.jpg[/img]

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by Daniel » February 8th, 2008, 10:21 pm

Darn it!

The apology is funny, though:
Due to circumstances beyond our control, the Wall-E trailer is no longer available. Sorr-E.

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by Once Upon A Dream » February 9th, 2008, 4:59 am

"sorr-E"? XD.

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by Foxtale » February 9th, 2008, 12:54 pm

BAH!

I missed seeing it on all 3 websites >< Too Late I guess. Man I really wanted to see it. :( I highly doubt it will resurface a fourth time. Disney wants to keep it under wraps I guess.

*found it* squee ^.^
[img]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v188/Foxtale/almostthere_signature_smaller.jpg[/img]

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by Once Upon A Dream » February 10th, 2008, 1:20 am

Is this the trailer?:
http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=Lb5ngHl-vKE
Ah,that's so cute :D it was cute when he wanted love and touched the sky.
Eve was also cute,it's cute when she touched the lamp and it's worked XD.
Werid,when i first heard about the film being the first silenced Pixar movie i thought it's going to be a bad movie,now i think that this will be my favorite Pixar movie with Ratatouille and Finding Nemo :D.

AV Founder
AV Founder

Post by Ben » February 10th, 2008, 8:33 am

Is that Ian McKellan? Sounds a dead ringer, and I wouldn't be surprised.

And a bit of John Williams' <I>Jaws</I> score at the end? Wow, wouldn't that be brilliant, if they got Williams to score an animated movie? Spectacular, in fact!

And the intro of Eve here is nicely played too...I was worried this was a repackaging of a lot of footage we'd seen before until "she" turned up. Only thing, I'm not mad on the floating head, but it's not something that will ruin it for me either.

<I>LOVELY!</I> :)

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by Foxtale » February 10th, 2008, 12:44 pm

Oh yeah that is trailer I found on you tube as well. ^.^

Looks good still. What was the reason it was taken down from so many websites? Was this much info about the plot not supposed to be out yet?
[img]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v188/Foxtale/almostthere_signature_smaller.jpg[/img]

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by Foxtale » February 26th, 2008, 5:58 pm

(again sorry to double post but I wanted to bring up the topic again)

So I just read the article from total film and I am even more excited than I was before. At first I wasn't so impressed with the sounds of this movie but now I really am. I think it's because I can't wait to see the entire movie be carried out without "real" dialog. It was funny to read about how R2-D2 is being used as an inspiration and how Ben Burtt is working on it. ^.^ I am also super excited to hear about how they decided to try and make it look more like a 70mm movie using different camera tricks and changing things around. I feel like this will add so much to the emotion of the film and draw the viewers in even more. Does anyone know of any other articles or websites that talk more about how they are trying to achieve this or change things around to make it look more "realistic"?

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Pixar's WALL-E

Post by Dusterian » February 29th, 2008, 1:16 pm

Don't know if this has been mentioned before, too many pages to read...but...

I don't think WALL-E or his other trash-picking robot comrades are designed right. What I mean is their eyes permanantly look sad. That means their eyes will never be able to express anger, happiness, surprise, or any other emotions. I know why they were chosen to look sad for the film, but I haven't yet seen anything that shows them looking other than sad. I feel this was a horrible choice. Who can watch a film where the character always looks sad?

Even more, it's just not logical. Why would the people (the fictional company in the film) who made the robots design the eyes to look sad? Wouldn't they want the robots to look happy while doing their job? Like happy slaves? Wouldn't they not want any chilren or people looking at the robots and asking why they look so sad picking up trash?
Last edited by Dusterian on March 1st, 2008, 10:15 am, edited 1 time in total.

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by K3vin » February 29th, 2008, 1:35 pm

The new poster is totally awesome. I want it for my wallpaper ! XD
Can't wait to see it in the cinema. I already saw a big Wall-E this morning, it's very impressive when you're in front of it.

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Re: Pixar's WALL-E

Post by scofo » March 1st, 2008, 5:43 am

Dusterian wrote:Don't know if this has been mentioned before, too many pages to read...but...

I don't think WALL-E or his other trash-picking robot comrades are designed right. What I mean is their eyes permanantly look sad. That means their eyes will never be able to express anger, happiness, surprise, or any other emotions. I know why they were chosen to look sad for the film, but I haven't yet seen anything that shows them looking other than sad. I feel this was a horrible choice. Who can watch a film where the character always looks sad?

Even more, it's just not logical. Why would the people who made the robots design the eyes to look sad? Wouldn't they want the robots to look happy while doing their job? Like happy slaves? Wouldn't they not want any chilren or people looking at the robots and asking why they look so sad picking up trash?
Perhaps the point of their designs is to make them look sad?
Being on earth for so long alone would justify Wall-E looking sad. and the eyes can angle to look happy or sad.
This is Pixar, they aren't idiots.

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Re: Pixar's WALL-E

Post by Dusterian » March 1st, 2008, 10:14 am

scofo wrote:Perhaps the point of their designs is to make them look sad?
Being on earth for so long alone would justify Wall-E looking sad. and the eyes can angle to look happy or sad.
This is Pixar, they aren't idiots.
You did not even read everything I said, including , "I know why they were chosen to look sad for the film, but I haven't yet seen anything that shows them looking other than sad", and I know why Pixar would want them to look sad, but why would the fictional company in the film that invented the robots make them look sad? They would wan these robots to look happy doing their jobs.

Please read my whole post before you go telling me I'm wrong. And if you have visual proof that they can change their eyes to not look sad, I'd like to see it. Perhaps there's some trailer I haven't witnessed?

I do admit that maybe I wasn't clear enough that I meant the company in the film, not Pixar, would not logically want to make the robots sad. I apologize, that was not your fault and you couldn't help that.

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by Meg » March 1st, 2008, 2:34 pm

This promo video shows what the Wall-E robots looked like when they were first 'mass-produced' by Buy-In-Large. The 'bots have a metal attachment above each eye that gives them a mechanical and emotionless expression. The images we have seen of the character Wall-E do not show that attachment, which is presumably the reason why his eyes slope and make him look 'sad'.

:)