WALL-E

Features, Shorts, Live-Action and Direct-To-Video
AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by eddievalient » August 12th, 2008, 11:18 am

Which, unfortunately, it looks like they're holding for December. Aside from pure greed (i.e. kids begging their parents to get the movie for christmas), why would they wait that long?

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by droosan » August 12th, 2008, 11:34 am

:?: July to December is a long wait for a video release..?

I remember when it could be a couple of years before you'd see the video of a movie in stores.

(who am I kidding .. I remember the days when, if you missed a movie in the theater or on TV, you were 'out-of-luck' -- unless it happened to be re-released/re-aired a few years later) :oops:

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by Dusterian » August 12th, 2008, 12:19 pm

Okay James, I re-read your review. I was surprised to remember you didn't think it was perfect, and you even had a problem with the live-action CEO (and the other humans?). So I don't know why you gave it a perfect score since it wasn't perfect, not even as good as Ratatouille. I disagree with people in many cases, but most people would agree Wall-E's certainly not perfect. I mean, the last half on the spaceship was not anything near the greatness of the first half on Earth, and it seems everyone can agree on that. You yourself didn't have anything good to say about the last half. I just don't get why you gave it a 10/10.

AV Founder
AV Founder

Post by James » August 12th, 2008, 1:38 pm

Dusterian wrote:Okay James, I re-read your review. I was surprised to remember you didn't think it was perfect, and you even had a problem with the live-action CEO (and the other humans?). So I don't know why you gave it a perfect score since it wasn't perfect, not even as good as Ratatouille. I disagree with people in many cases, but most people would agree Wall-E's certainly not perfect. I mean, the last half on the spaceship was not anything near the greatness of the first half on Earth, and it seems everyone can agree on that. You yourself didn't have anything good to say about the last half. I just don't get why you gave it a 10/10.
Huh?

From the review:
Okay, not everything is perfect. But it almost seems like nitpicking to point them out!
Even if I let nitpicks drop the score half a point to 9.5 that still averages to a 10! Just because I like another 10 movie better doesn't mean I can never give another movie a 10 again!

Why are you taking the fact that people like this movie so personally?

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by Macaluso » August 12th, 2008, 2:40 pm

the robots need to be gay so it can be a 10

AV Team
AV Team

Post by Dacey » August 14th, 2008, 2:17 pm

eddievalient wrote:Which, unfortunately, it looks like they're holding for December. Aside from pure greed (i.e. kids begging their parents to get the movie for christmas), why would they wait that long?
They're probably waiting that long because the DVD market is expected to be a crowded one this fall. "Iron Man" is coming out in September, "Indiana Jones" is due in October, and I've heard rumors that "Kung Fu Panda" will be released in Novemeber.
"Yesterday is history, tomorrow is a mystery, but today is a gift--that is why it's called the present."

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by eddievalient » August 14th, 2008, 5:59 pm

Not to mention "Get Smart", "Speed Racer", "The Incredible Hulk", "The Dark Knight" (presumably), etc. OK, I can see your point. It's still kinda aggravating though, cause Horton was a great movie. Oh well.

EDIT: Wait, which movie are we talking about? I meant they were holding Horton for December. I don't know about WALL-E. Sorry for the confusion.
The Official Lugofilm Ltd Youtube Channel: http://www.youtube.com/user/bartsimpson83

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by Daniel » August 15th, 2008, 3:47 pm

^ About WALL-E, it's coming out on DVD and Blu-ray November 18th. Yay! :)

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by Whippet Angel » August 16th, 2008, 12:57 am

Sweet! Just in time for my birthday (6 days later) ^____^

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by Macaluso » August 16th, 2008, 6:34 pm

So I just saw the thing about the dvd on the main site. If the normal DVDs don't get commentary this time I'm going to be pissed. off.

That annoyed me so much with ratatouille

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by Daniel » August 21st, 2008, 12:32 pm

It's confirmed, the DVD - at least the 2 discer - will have an audio commentary! What's also great is that they're including the "The Pixar Story" documentary. I saw it on Encore, and it's a real treat. I didn't think us in R1 were going to get it, (R2 got it as a bonus if they bought the "Ultimate Collection" box set, including every Pixar movie up to Ratatouille.) so great news! I'm definitely going to get the Blu edition. Superb cover art, BTW!

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by Macaluso » August 21st, 2008, 2:14 pm

Hooray!

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by Daniel » August 25th, 2008, 1:51 pm

For a comparison, here's the French cover:

Beautiful! The only issue I have is with the title, put it on top and it's perfect. Very subtle and less crowded than the R1 cover.

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by Meg » August 25th, 2008, 4:22 pm

Looks good! Do you have the link for the site you found it on, by any chance? :)

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by Daniel » August 25th, 2008, 4:34 pm

Yes, I do: Click. :)

Also, more bonuses announced for the Blu-ray! So many great goodies.