Horton Hears a Who

Features, Shorts, Live-Action and Direct-To-Video
AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by Foxtale » March 14th, 2008, 8:48 pm

It feels better sometimes to have low expectations and then have them exceeded ^.~ *laughs*
[img]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v188/Foxtale/almostthere_signature_smaller.jpg[/img]

AV Team
AV Team

Post by Dacey » March 15th, 2008, 11:26 am

Speaking of expectations, why are some people expecting this to make so much money? I mean, I read one projection of $60M for the weekend alone. That seems a bit high.
"Yesterday is history, tomorrow is a mystery, but today is a gift--that is why it's called the present."

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by Foxtale » March 15th, 2008, 11:44 am

I think because it was hyped so much with merchandising they think lots of people will turn out on the opening weekend?

Or maybe because they think since it has the Seuss name lots of people will go see it?

Or maybe because there is a lack of "children's" films out right now?

*shrugs*

All I know is today I think I'm going to go see it, so some of that revenue will probably be from my friends and I. ^.~
[img]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v188/Foxtale/almostthere_signature_smaller.jpg[/img]

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by Meg » March 15th, 2008, 11:57 am

Be sure to tell us how it is! :)

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by Daniel » March 15th, 2008, 5:40 pm

Yes, please do!

For sure, I'm gonna go see it on Friday. With the majority of reviews being positive, I can't wait!

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by K3vin » March 15th, 2008, 6:22 pm

I'm waiting it comes in France (April 2).
And I don't really know if I'll go see it at the cinema because I want to hear Jim Carrey, Steve Carell, Seth Rogen (and many others). I don't like the french voice (Dany Boon, a french humorist) of Horton (and even the other characters).

French voices for English (or other) movies always sucks anyway.

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by Macaluso » March 16th, 2008, 1:17 am

The movie was awesome. I had high expectations for it ever since I saw the two original screenshots from it, and everything about it was amazing. Especially how well they did the
Horton's clover falling into a field of millions of clovers and the "We are here, we are here, WE ARE HERE!!!" scenes

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by Meg » March 16th, 2008, 1:48 pm

According to Box Office Mojo, Horton has made $45,100,000 so far.

http://boxofficemojo.com/daily/chart/?s ... -16&p=.htm

Not bad at all!

AV Team
AV Team

Post by Dacey » March 16th, 2008, 2:05 pm

No, it's not bad at all. I just hope that people don't label this as a "Flop" because it failed to meet some projections.
"Yesterday is history, tomorrow is a mystery, but today is a gift--that is why it's called the present."

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by Foxtale » March 16th, 2008, 3:40 pm

Wendy's Jane wrote:No, it's not bad at all. I just hope that people don't label this as a "Flop" because it failed to meet some projections.
That would be terrible, the movie was so awesome. It was beautiful, I totally agree with what you said Macaluso. My favorite thing was the way the animated the fur on Vlad (and all the animals). All the backgrounds and scenes were so well thought out and stunning.

I think the best part of the movie were the characters themselves. They did an excellent job adapting that short book into such a successful hour and a half film. They kept true to the story while adding a lot more character and charm to it.

I think that Blue Sky can't make a feature length film without
adding some sort of domino effect kind of contraption. *laughs* ^.^ Jojo's music place was awesome though. I'm at a loss for what that animation is called but I think they paid homage to those cgi animated shorts with the music machiene, Animusic I think its called (or that is the people who did it. )

Also I have no idea why they picked "I Can't Fight This Feeling" by Reo Speedwagon for the final song in the movie. It didn't seem like a proper anthem. Any one want to prove me wrong please?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N12QDWhtgqE

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by Macaluso » March 16th, 2008, 3:56 pm

that part of the movie was awesome okay

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by Daniel » March 16th, 2008, 6:21 pm

They actually show that in one of the commercials... (so I guess they gave it away, huh?) I don't like it. I'll wait until I see it to pass judgement, but it feels out of place. :?

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by Foxtale » March 16th, 2008, 7:53 pm

Daniel wrote:They actually show that in one of the commercials... (so I guess they gave it away, huh?) I don't like it. I'll wait until I see it to pass judgement, but it feels out of place. :?
It did, I mean the idea was good but the actual song didn't make sense.

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by Kaszubas » March 16th, 2008, 8:28 pm

K3vin wrote: French voices for English (or other) movies always sucks anyway.
Maybe the language You're used to doesn't sound cool to you anymore ;) I found The Incredibles with French dubbing really pleasing :) Same goes for Ratatouille (maybe there it suits even more for obvious reasons ;) )

But maybe I'm a kind of "dubbing-deviant" ;) I even liked (as a kid) this 80s JCVD flick "Kickboxer" with german dubbing - it sounded quite cheesy with deep, low-pitched, hoarse german voice-over for young Jean-Claude which didn't really match his original timbre nor his appearance ;) Still it was cool ("Nat-su Cow - Der weisse Krieger!") :D

Of course it all strongly depends on translation and voice-acting quality in a given language, so I can understand You quite well - Polish dubbing for Ratatouille was much worse than both original version and French one I watched... I hope Horton will get an appropriate dubb treatment :)

AV Team
AV Team

Post by Dacey » March 17th, 2008, 7:46 pm

I saw it today. Thought it was very good and surprising moving. But...
WHAT was with the Anime sequence? It felt COMPLETELY out of place and totally disturbed the flow of things.