Horton Hears a Who

Features, Shorts, Live-Action and Direct-To-Video
AV Team
AV Team

Horton Hears a Who

Post by Dacey » September 12th, 2006, 7:15 pm

I'm not sure if this made the news page or not, but voices have been cast for this upcoming animated movie from Fox:

http://www.comingsoon.net/films.php?id=8501

And last, Jim Carrey gets to do a voice for an animated movie! Let's hope that he doesn't drop out of this one, like he did with "Over the Hedge".
"Yesterday is history, tomorrow is a mystery, but today is a gift--that is why it's called the present."

AV Founder
AV Founder

Post by Ben » September 12th, 2006, 9:22 pm

Jim Carrey AND Steve Carell in the SAME movie??

Look for one of them to definitely drop out.

AV Team
AV Team

Post by Josh » September 12th, 2006, 9:38 pm

Why do you say that, Ben? I'm just curious, since they both appeared in Bruce Almighty. Of course, Carell's celebrity status has considerably risen since then.

AV Founder
AV Founder

Post by Ben » September 13th, 2006, 9:39 am

That's why.

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by bawpcwpn » September 13th, 2006, 4:55 pm

Do they feel threatened by each other?
"But I'm your No. 1 Fan!"
- Buddy a.k.a Syndrome

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by ShyViolet » September 13th, 2006, 5:16 pm

I haven't read HHAH but personally I think Horton Hatches the Egg (one of my fave kids books) would make a MUCH better film. :wink:

But still....anything's better than those live-action abominations The Grinch and Cat In the Hat! (O.K...I gotta be honest here, even though I hated the design of the Cat and the jokes were dumb and by and large in no way related to the book, they still made me laugh a lot. :) But the film was essentially a mistake.)

Do they feel threatened by each other?
I doubt it, even though you could kinda say Carrell is the "Jim Carrey of the 21st Century" :) :P Seriously though, Carrell is respected as a talented actor/comedian, (as well he should be) but let's face it, he hasn't starred in films with auture directors like The Truman Show, Man in the Moon** or Eternal Sunshine of the Spotless Mind. (all three of which Carrey was heavily praised.) And some people, including me, liked him in The Majestic as well.

Plus even though Carrey never won or was nominated for an Oscar, many have said he should be, and he has been nominated for Golden Globes. He has really gone where very few slapstick comediens have
ever gone. Comediens often star in films, but are very rarely in the class that Carrey is in. He is truly unique. :)

(I do think Mike Meyers is quite talented and I know he's even done some "serious" acting, but his schtick is getting a bit worn out...yeah, the Shrek one too. :? )

EDIT: **Oops! :oops: I meant Man on the Moon. Man in the Moon was a sentimental summertime drama/comedy starring a 13-year-old Reese Witherspoon!
You can’t just have your characters announce how they feel! That makes me feel angry!

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Horton Hears a Who

Post by piotr » September 14th, 2006, 8:42 pm

Starring the voices of Jim Carrey and Steve Carrel. Here are the first pics by comingsoon.net:
http://www.comingsoon.net/news/movienews.php?id=16502

Looks nicely designed and true to the books, I can't wait to see what they'll pull off.
"Life is pointless, unless you score."
-Piotr
www.nuzarc.com

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by Macaluso » September 15th, 2006, 2:54 am

Holy crap! Those screens look amazing!

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by Macaluso » September 15th, 2006, 2:57 am

I'm not really sure where Ben is getting that. I can't see either of them dropping out.

Unless it is a joke going over my head.

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by bawpcwpn » September 15th, 2006, 6:40 am

USA Today article.

The character designs are looking great! I can't wait to see more. I am confident Blue Sky will do a good job with this.
"But I'm your No. 1 Fan!"
- Buddy a.k.a Syndrome

AV Founder
AV Founder

Post by Ben » September 15th, 2006, 9:51 am

Thanks for the coming soon link, piotr. We had just posted it on our front page.

They cetainly look good - if only The Grinch and Cat In The Hat had been produced this way!

AV Team
AV Team

Post by Dacey » September 15th, 2006, 4:53 pm

Yep. Looks like this'll be a good movie. I have great faith in anything Blue Sky does.
"Yesterday is history, tomorrow is a mystery, but today is a gift--that is why it's called the present."

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by Meg » September 15th, 2006, 5:17 pm

Holy WOW! :shock: Those caps are INCREDIBLE! I'll definitely be seeing this, even if it's just for the visuals! Let's hope Blue Sky's got a good story for this one, too, instead of just looking pretty like they have been as of late.

So I'm guessing Jim Carry will be voicing the character in the second pic? He looks like kinda like him.

AV Team
AV Team

Post by Dacey » September 15th, 2006, 5:47 pm

No, according to the article, he'll be voicing Horton. Steve will be that other character, if things go as planned.

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by YCougar » September 16th, 2006, 1:05 am

Y'know... those don't look bad at all. Definitely captures the style. I'm really interested now to see what they look like in motion.

...though for some reason I'm having a hard time seeing Jim Carrey as Horton. I hope he doesn't overdo it (wait, what am I saying...?)
[img]http://i15.photobucket.com/albums/a388/ninja_otter/SKsignature.jpg[/img]