Surf's Up!

Features, Shorts, Live-Action and Direct-To-Video
AV Founder
AV Founder

Post by Ben » August 2nd, 2007, 6:46 am

This comes out over here this week or next...I'm still quite pumped to see what they do with this. :)

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by Whippet Angel » August 5th, 2007, 11:44 pm

Big Z isn't on the cover........ That's odd..

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by Daniel » August 6th, 2007, 1:25 am

I'm happy to hear the Chubb Chubbs will be included on the DVD. I saw one of them, and really liked it!

Cool cover art, too.

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by ShyViolet » September 8th, 2007, 12:13 am

I saw it tonight! :) This IS a great film and I wish hadn't judged it so harshly before seeing it. :? I saw "Penguins" and "Surfing" and thought "gimmick!" but boy, I couldn't have been more wrong. :wink: Very funny and, in some parts very moving as well. I loved Big Z! :P
You can’t just have your characters announce how they feel! That makes me feel angry!

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by droosan » September 8th, 2007, 1:44 am

Surf's Up is an excellent animated film; I very much enjoyed it. :)

Sadly, the 'jury' is still out on whether Sony will be making another animated feature. I'm hoping they do.

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by Jeroen » September 8th, 2007, 1:09 pm

I really, really enjoyed Surf's Up, as with Vi it took me totally by surprise.
Too bad most are sick of penguins by now, cause this one is a gem. Great directors as well!!

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by Jafar » September 8th, 2007, 1:49 pm

I did watch it in theatre sometime ago and while I wouldn't say it was an exceptional film but certainly way better than Happy Feet.

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by bawpcwpn » September 8th, 2007, 8:14 pm

I also did think Surf's Up was very good. I enjoyed it a whole lot more than Happy Feet. Ever since I saw the teaser I was a fan of the mockumentary style, however they probably could have played with that a bit more.
"But I'm your No. 1 Fan!"
- Buddy a.k.a Syndrome

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by Meg » October 19th, 2007, 3:26 pm

Just finished up watching the DVD...I thought it was excellent - really original, and it had a great story...Not to mention ! Miles better than Happy Feet, it's a shame people didn't go for it as much as they did for that film.

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by Riv » November 7th, 2007, 2:03 pm

Saw this last night... man, what an underrated movie, a much better flick than Happy Feet. Dodgy simplification of environmental problems, UGH. The story overall felt like Cars with a more likeable main character and a stronger supporting cast. The Water animation was just beautiful! And the mockumentary style was slick and very well done (love the lighting when Lani is dragging Cody through the rain :D ) though the cameramen must have been reeally talented to get some of those shots (lava tunnels 8) )

One thing though, like in Ratatouille, the adults in the cinema laughed way more than the kids. Probably why they tried upping the toilet humour :P

AV Founder
AV Founder

Post by Ben » November 7th, 2007, 3:21 pm

I too felt Surf's Up was an adult animated film in many ways. Certainly all the adults I saw it with enjoyed it more than the kids who were with us!

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by Meg » November 7th, 2007, 4:50 pm

I picked this up a Borders a few weeks ago...I thoroughly enjoyed it as well - besides Ratatouille, it's probably the best animated flick I've seen this year. Definitely deserves a nom for best animated picture.

AV Team
AV Team

Post by Dacey » November 7th, 2007, 4:51 pm

I should get it sometime. It was a fun flick.
"Yesterday is history, tomorrow is a mystery, but today is a gift--that is why it's called the present."

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by Daniel » November 12th, 2007, 11:03 pm

Do you shop the day after Thanksgiving, WJ? Target's gonna have Surf's Up for $9.98!

Just sayin'. ;)

AV Team
AV Team

Post by Dacey » November 13th, 2007, 11:19 am

Wow. That's a great bargain. I don't usually shop the day after Thanksgiving, though.
"Yesterday is history, tomorrow is a mystery, but today is a gift--that is why it's called the present."