Surf's Up!

Features, Shorts, Live-Action and Direct-To-Video
AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Surf's Up!

Post by piotr » September 28th, 2006, 4:44 pm

Surf's Up teaser is available on Apple.com:
http://www.apple.com/trailers/sony_pictures/surfsup/

The film splashes to theaters next summer.

This is Sony Animation's Second Feature Film. They have great designs in Open Season, and this film has some awesome looking waves.
"Life is pointless, unless you score."
-Piotr
www.nuzarc.com

AV Founder
AV Founder

Post by Ben » September 29th, 2006, 8:21 am

At first I was a little aprehensive of MORE animated penguins (seems like every CG film today needs animated penguins in it) but this looks different enough to label it "interesting".

Could be the next "Monster House", where we're not quite ready to know what to expect.

Love the first half of this teaser anyhoo! :)

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by bawpcwpn » September 29th, 2006, 6:16 pm

I agree Ben. I was skeptical when first hearing about it but then I watching the trailer enlightened me. I like how they are taking the doco style with it. I'm definitlety marking opening day on my calender to go and see it.
"But I'm your No. 1 Fan!"
- Buddy a.k.a Syndrome

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by Kaszubas » September 29th, 2006, 7:37 pm

I don't know... It's not just yet another talking animals flick, it's yet another (talking) penguins flick... Technically looks good, and I like the stylisation of the first half of teaser too, but they could wait a little with releasing next movie about... you know ;)

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by YCougar » September 29th, 2006, 11:06 pm

I think I had about the same initial impression - "Oh geez, MORE animated penguins." But at least the trailer did its job, because it handled things in an interesting way. Don't know yet if I'll want to see it in theaters, but it's probably more likely than me seeing Happy Feet.

And that water is beautiful.
[img]http://i15.photobucket.com/albums/a388/ninja_otter/SKsignature.jpg[/img]

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by TheTyro » September 30th, 2006, 3:26 pm

I really want to see this movie, the vivid colors and interesting take on the designs, and even the story, even if a tad cliche...kinda got me pumped up for it even though I had only the a scarce idea that this movie was being made. I'll definitely be seeing that in theatres. I like penguins, so I could care less how many I see so long they aren't ripped off one another, and remain creatively portrayed. :D
I Love Tyler!

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by Meg » September 30th, 2006, 5:59 pm

Er, not to burst anyone's bubble, but, I think the water is actual footage. I remember reading it somewhere.

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

hmmm

Post by bawpcwpn » September 30th, 2006, 7:17 pm

Meg wrote:Er, not to burst anyone's bubble, but, I think the water is actual footage. I remember reading it somewhere.
Surely not all the water. The water at the end looked like actual water footage though.
- Buddy a.k.a Syndrome

AV Team
AV Team

Post by Dacey » October 6th, 2006, 4:10 pm

I'm in love with the concept for this thing, even though I can't help but laugh at how strange it is.

Anyway, a very well-made teaser trailer. Let's hope that the actual movie is just as "Unique".
"Yesterday is history, tomorrow is a mystery, but today is a gift--that is why it's called the present."

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by Daniel » October 6th, 2006, 7:49 pm

Another Penguin movie? Nooooo!, just kidding :D, this one actually looks very interesting, Unlike Robin Williams "Happy Feet". But like Wendy's Jane said, lets hope the movie is just as 'unique' as the trailer :)

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by ShyViolet » June 2nd, 2007, 5:24 pm

Some comments on Surf's Up!:

http://www.animationnation.com/ubb/ulti ... 1;t=012376

I've seen the trailer at least three or four times in theaters now. It does look kinda cute. :wink:
You can’t just have your characters announce how they feel! That makes me feel angry!

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by bawpcwpn » June 2nd, 2007, 9:19 pm

For a movie opening on Friday (is that right?), I haven't seen a lot about it. This doesn't come out till September in Aus! I really wish that release dates where worldwide for every film. I mean honestly, places like Indonesia and Argentina sometimes more often than not get films before the US and the UK a nd other heavily populated places.
- Buddy a.k.a Syndrome

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by Daniel » June 2nd, 2007, 10:40 pm

You are correct, bawpcwpn! Surf's Up is indeed coming out this Friday. :)

Dunno about everyone else, but I've been seeing TONS of commercials for this.

Also, fyi, McDonald's is going to be promoting this. Wonder what the toys will look like? ;)

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by Zach » June 2nd, 2007, 11:22 pm

The toys will look like penguins Daniel! :lol: Except for the chicken.

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by Daniel » June 3rd, 2007, 2:37 am

Now you ruined it for me! Curse you, Zach! :lol: